Cannabis

Troglodyte

On the older generation point, my dad, who is 57, working class and not uni educated, would recognise the smell and indeed has, has never smoked anything in his life, and has an inbuilt hatred of drugs. I was informed when I went to uni that I have came back as a cannabis user I would be looking for a new home.
Figures. My attitude to my student daughters' lifestyles was certainly less hardcore.

I think it's as much about individuals with drugs as the drug itself.

Like people said some people can use hard drugs and never become addicted, something which many see as impossible.

"if you use illegal drugs you're blatantly an addict" is I think much of the public see it.

I think more is to be gained through legalisation than keeping it illegal. not just revenue (which would be massive) but mainly the fact there would be more investment in these drugs as a source of cures and prescribed drugs for severe conditions.

Also the fact that I think after a few years friday nights in this country would be a lot more relaxed and with less vomit around.

I also think Alcohol should be more expensive in supermarkets. Pubs and bars (apart from silly offers) are generally well priced (about £2.50 plus for a pint), whereas supermarkets you can get 2 litres of cider for that price.

I think the worry about overdosing etc if it was legalised would be a bit out of proportion, because you would create a legal version of cannabis, and other drugs so that it's strength is relatively mild to the illegal stuff.

skunk is ridiculously strong now, one spliff and you're battered. That is not what many want, I certainly wouldn't want to get unbelievably pissed off 1 pint of 35% beer. I'd rather have something much lighter and less smelly to have with a nice cider in a beer garden.

skunk is ridiculously strong now, one spliff and you're battered. That is not what many want, I certainly wouldn't want to get unbelievably pissed off 1 pint of 35% beer. I'd rather have something much lighter and less smelly to have with a nice cider in a beer garden.
I agree, but many wouldn't.

I may be just being a grumpy old man, but I do see a big binge drinking culture today that goes against your point. When people "pre-load" with alcopops, and the go out on the piss from early evening, with the express intention of getting as wankered as possible, then I suspect their attitude to other drugs would be much the same.

I had to pack the heroin in, I found it a bit morish.

The comedown is a really bad person isn't it? It's so damn addictive it's unbelievable.

Won't touch that shit again , ever. The Opiate of choice for me is Tramadol , weak, and with weed provides a stellar combo.

Prog-rock becomes Org-rock on that.

:winkold:

Is that where you got your taste in music, perchance?

Totally and completely. His ELP and KC LPs with our old brown record player connected to massive industrial size amps, forever in my memory :D

You sure he isn't a taxi driver in Leeds? :) There's a Hindu cabbie round here, about my age, who plays excellent classic rock in his car. I mentioned it to my younger daughter, and she said "Oh yeah, I've used his taxi, he's great; it was Bob Dylan last week". :thumb:

The comedown is a really bad person isn't it? It's so damn addictive it's unbelievable.

Won't touch that shit again , ever. The Opiate of choice for me is Tramadol , weak, and with weed provides a stellar combo.

Never touched it to be honest. That line is just an oft-quoted joke by certain comedians. I used to smoke a little bit of weed during my early twenties but I prefer a nice glass of claret or some real ale now. Getting old :wink:

joke by certain comedians. I used to smoke a little bit of weed during my early twenties but I prefer a nice glass of claret or some real ale now. Getting old :wink:

Getting wise. :thumb:

Is that where you got your taste in music, perchance?

Totally and completely. His ELP and KC LPs with our old brown record player connected to massive industrial size amps, forever in my memory :D

You sure he isn't a taxi driver in Leeds? :) There's a Hindu cabbie round here, about my age, who plays excellent classic rock in his car. I mentioned it to my younger daughter, and she said "Oh yeah, I've used his taxi, he's great; it was Bob Dylan last week". :thumb:

Haha :lol:

Dad's not much into the Dylan-Springsteen stuff. He swore by Prog and still does. Does not have any time for the likes of Led Zep. and Deep Purple. :winkold:

Pop's too damn educated to be a Cabbie though , although the snail like speed he drives on , he wouldn't make a very good one. :D

Never touched it to be honest. That line is just an oft-quoted joke by certain comedians. I used to smoke a little bit of weed during my early twenties but I prefer a nice glass of claret or some real ale now. Getting old :wink:

I am partial to a bit of White on occasion but then again I temper it with a bowl or two , to add to the mellowness , ya know :nod:

On the older generation point, my dad, who is 57, working class and not uni educated, would recognise the smell and indeed has, has never smoked anything in his life, and has an inbuilt hatred of drugs. I was informed when I went to uni that I have came back as a cannabis user I would be looking for a new home.
Figures. My attitude to my student daughters' lifestyles was certainly less hardcore.

Tbf he didn't need to say it. I had no intention of getting addicted to anything at the time and still don't. And I despise smoke and hate the weed culture, so I had no worries of becoming homeless ;).

I did try it while I was at uni and it just reinforced my distaste for smoking and the scene that comes with it.

My dad is hard line on anything like that though. I think I've inherited some of that distaste - were I to have kids I wouldn't be much less hardlined I don't think.

My dad doesn't even drink much tbf.

I dont get this? So this bloke is saying that alcohol is more dangerous than cocaine, pills and heroin?

Give me a break!

You can overdose and die from alcohol just like those drugs. If you think how many beatings, assaults, rapes, drunk driving deaths, acts of vandalism, theft and murder are fueled by alcohol, I think it suggests that alcohol is in fact at LEAST as dangerous as heroin, cocaine, etc.

I've had relatives die from alcoholism. So yes it is dangerous, it's just socially acceptable (and erm, heavily taxed).

You just have to look, as maqroll summed up above, the amount of alcohol related crimes/deaths. Yes, you can go on about personal responsibility, and it is fair to say (I myself couldn't give a damn what people do to their own bodies), but I hate the criticisms of a drug like marijuana when in actuality it is **** hamless in comparison to alcohol.

Don't let that stop the hysteria over it, however.

... At least until we can grow it en masse for cheap and tax the balls out of it.

Â