Cannabis

Troglodyte

• 3 months later...

I found Amsterdam to be the most expensive city I'd ever visited. Seriously, with the dire exchange rate it's 6 quid for a beer in most places. Not that people my age tend to go there for the beer. I'd love to go back soon, but this time with a lot more cashish.

I've never taken drugs of any type, not even a spliff.

Hoping to remedy that in the near future though ;-)

Managed to yet?

Yes :-)

First time was about a month ago, I had about 10 pints of Guinness first, then a spliff.

Then another three.

Apparently it doesnt do that much bar knock me out.

had another one last week, and just kept asking for more. Strange stuff. Think I'll stick to el cid

Nothing better than drinking beers (/ciders!) and burning spliffs at the same time. Drunk, but with a fruity twist :winkold:

PS, Understudy, never too late to start!

Disclaimer: I cannot be held responsible if you lose your girlfriend/close friends and become a work-shy lazy scumbag

PS, Understudy, never too late to start!

Disclaimer: I cannot be held responsible if you lose your girlfriend/close friends and become a work-shy lazy scumbag

No need to be held responsible, already got all that without using cannabis. :)

I've been in a car when people were sort of hotboxing it, and been next to a fair few people when they were getting stoned. I refuse to touch it, but have no issue with others using it around me, or the drug itself.

First time was about a month ago, I had about 10 pints of Guinness first, then a spliff.

Then another three.

No shit?

:winkold:

I lived in Amsterdam for a while. It was awesome in ways, odd in others and annoying in some more. And very very expensive.

Never been there before but I do remember watching a TV show where some local celebrities visited Holland - a hot dog cost like $12 (6quid), shocking.

Then another three.

No shit?

:winkold:

Nothing out of the ordinary, no 8)

Nothing better than drinking beers (/ciders!) and burning spliffs at the same time. Drunk, but with a fruity twist
Not for me. One thing or the other for preference.

Broke that rule in the 'dam last month, mind.

• 3 months later...

Not strictly OT Gringo, that has nothing to do with cannabis. Still, whilst we're at it, prohibition based drug policy has failed, is failing and will always fail. Some people want to take drugs, those people will always exist, and whilst there is demand there will always be supply because it is so lucrative. Mexico is the country which suffers the most from this, but the US isn't far behind. Trying to eradicate supply is a pipe-dream for warmongering American politicians who want to see the drugs issue as some sort of spaghetti Western/cartoon strip battle of good vs evil. Unfortunately such crusading simplifications are something which a lot of Americans like to buy into, but at some stage they are going to have to climbdown from their current war on drugs approach because it isn't working (and it's incredibly expensive).

I think we are starting to see a change in the nature of the debate, though, certainly in this country and I would imagine in others too. There is more of an appetite to have a sensible rethink about the best way to address the harms associated with drugs, and I actually think we will start to see more countries move towards decriminalisation over the next couple of decades. It will be interesting to see what the results of that are. There have been some encouraging signs from the Portuguese example but whether that will translate similarly elsewhere remains to be seen.

Â