Cannabis

Troglodyte

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

So, the state of Maine passed it's marijuana bill, making possession of up to 2oz and 5 plants legal. It's been medically available for a while now, anyways, so it's not gonna be a massive culture shock. People here smoke a lot of pot, lol. I've got my medical card, and the people at the dispensary are very knowledgeable. I get an alcohol based tincture that I mix with soda water. Takes about an hour to kick in, and it is blissful. It's a low-THC strain, so it induces a very mild "high", and it unwinds your body better than any pill can. No paranoia or racing thoughts, just a mild euphoria and contentment. Having taken all sorts of painkillers and muscle relaxers for my back, cannabis is far superior. It's been a revelation. I never smoked it much, cuz I hated the paranoia and sluggishness, but the medical stuff, under good guidance is fooking incredible!

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, maqroll said:

So, the state of Maine passed it's marijuana bill, making possession of up to 2oz and 5 plants legal. It's been medically available for a while now, anyways, so it's not gonna be a massive culture shock. People here smoke a lot of pot, lol. I've got my medical card, and the people at the dispensary are very knowledgeable. I get an alcohol based tincture that I mix with soda water. Takes about an hour to kick in, and it is blissful. It's a low-THC strain, so it induces a very mild "high", and it unwinds your body better than any pill can. No paranoia or racing thoughts, just a mild euphoria and contentment. Having taken all sorts of painkillers and muscle relaxers for my back, cannabis is far superior. It's been a revelation. I never smoked it much, cuz I hated the paranoia and sluggishness, but the medical stuff, under good guidance is fooking incredible!

My wife could really do with this for her rheumatoid arthritis. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

but you can get opiates...insanity

There's a spray called Sativex that can just about be prescribed for sufferers of Multiple Sclerosis.

3 hours ago, Xann said:

It's a funny thing. You spray it on your tongue with a device that seems to exist just because it's expensive.

Here's the demo - Youtube

Argh, that was tough to watch. So unnecessary, lol. You're right though, it's clearly a very slick marketing scheme.

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Smart Mainers (and their government reps) should create a local industry around "Cannabis Tourism". Tourism is one of the predominant industries in the state already, so piggybacking on that with cannabis makes perfect sense. You could do tours for medical tourists, and recreational. So many possibilities might open up as long as Sessions doesn't come for us first.

If the Mooneys ever make it out New England way, I'll sort yuz both out

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Smart Mainers (and their government reps) should create a local industry around "Cannabis Tourism". Tourism is one of the predominant industries in the state already, so piggybacking on that with cannabis makes perfect sense. You could do tours for medical tourists, and recreational. So many possibilities might open up as long as Sessions doesn't come for us first.

I just ask my doorman to hook me up so I don't have to even leave my apartment! But that's New York City lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Would love to, buddy, but don't see it happening anytime soon. 

On 12 March 2017 at 19:26, mjmooney said:

If you can get your hands on some Cannabis, there are loads of guides on the Internet which can show you how to make it into medicine for your wife. It's quite easy to make edibles. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
Â