Cannabis

Troglodyte

Nah mate, not at all. I just read the whole thread again from start to finish and I am just disappointed in how people are just so media driven. Some people will believe anything they read or see on TV and be 100 % be sure it's true. No life experience at all which is a little better than the Daily Mail

The sweeping generalisations are a bit off as well, but too expected unfortunately.

Some people ask me why did I leave England to live abroad? Read this thread and it's all in black and white. The bitterness of the middle class and the overprotection of what they think they have is well, you decide.

Site tracking the price of weed in various locales.

In Birmingham...

[table]

[mrow]High quality[col]$375/oz. (2 reports)

[mrow]Medium quality[col]$146.75/oz. (4 reports)

[/table]

(of course, since the form seems to only take dollars, it may well be that those are GBP prices)

Meanwhile in London, high quality weed averages $272.36 an ounce, so there's a definite arbitrage opportunity there (or Londoners have much lower standards than Brummies)

the Stigma that everyone who smokes weed is a lazy peasant isn't true. It's just they are the ones being irresponsible smoking it whilst driving or smoking it in places they shouldn't.

You only need to go to Glastonbury to see how many different people smoke it.

Peasants do give cannabis a bad name though, because weed is an amplifier to who you are. If you are a word removed, then smoking weed will make you even more of a word removed.

Peasants do give cannabis a bad name though, because weed is an amplifier to who you are.

Not really true at all, weed isn't really an amplifier of anything - certainly not your character.

With regards to legalisation, well, decriminalisation I think we will see in the next 15 years. The tide against mindless blanket prohibition is just beginning to turn.

With regards to legalisation, well, decriminalisation I think we will see in the next 15 years. The tide against mindless blanket prohibition is just beginning to turn.

No existing party of government will willingly stand up and admit that they got the entire thing wrong and simply say 'sorry' to all the people who have been imprisoned on account of marijuana crimes.

I think if it could have been legal, it would have been made so in the 60s. But, here's hoping x

I know too many people that have ended up with problems after smoking cannabis regularly. I don't think it works in this society.

If only weed was hassle free like alcohol eh ? :winkold:

What are you getting at?

Alcohol doesn't really "work" in society either and causes far more damage than weed. So we should either legalize weed or ban booze. It's a tad hypocritical otherwise.

True, but then again, there'd be a riot if there was an alcohol prohibiton.

I think weed has a bigger psychological impact than alcohol on most people. Paranoia, depression, anxiety etc. Booze doesn't seem to have the same effect in the long run.

More or less everyone I know that smoked weed regularly were pro legalisation, but pretty much all of them have ended up **** up one way or another.

Edit: I'll correct that, they haven't 'ended up' **** up, more they've BEEN **** up.

No existing party of government will willingly stand up and admit that they got the entire thing wrong and simply say 'sorry' to all the people who have been imprisoned on account of marijuana crimes.

Of course, it would have to be a manifesto pledge.

Won't happen yet, but will happen.

been a heavy cannibis user since i was 16. Never had a paronoid thought in my life.....that being said theres an old lady in the bus stop who looks very dodgy, i think she is watching me, i dont trust her....

on a more serious note yep Cannabis is a gateway drug, simply because you get it you have to mix with dodgy characters who end up shoving other more dangerous drugs in your face.

Yep I ended up being addicted to class A's, obviously ive only got myself to blame, but alot of asian dealers i knew were and are, mainly dealing H with weed dealing on the side, buisness sense to them is obviously getting people onto the more lucrative drug...

That was a long time ago when no-one really knew about Heroin. The ironic thing is, it was mainly cannibis that helped me get off the harder stuff...

Its the same as anything, its all about moderation. The very very few who go mental due to cannibis (and ive yet to meet one despite knowing hundreds of smokers during my life) are the ones probbaly smoking themselves silly night after night with huge quantities of strong cheese type skunks..

Legalising it could help with that aswell as you could limit the amount people could buy per day. Anyone with any true expierience will see it just isnt working as it is.

It would save the NHS millions. It would make the Gorvernment millions in taxation. It would take money out of the hands of criminal gangs. The pro's so outweight the negatives that anyone who is dead against this idea im afraid just doesnt know all the facts.

20 years ago 3g of potent marijuana cost around £20.

* Today 3g of potent marijuana should cost around £20

20 years ago petrol cost 39.9p a litre

Today the same amount of petrol costs £ 1.15 a litre.

Which industry is being run by crooks again?

Seriously though - if it was deemed that cultivation for self was ok, it would stop a lot of money going to shady places. Most people couldn't be arsed with the intensive care that the really strong strains require. A couple seeds of something giggly in the garden - job done.

Folks that do themselves damage with marijuana are likely to be slightly unbalanced anyway - and often aren't fussy about substances they abuse.

Lets deal with the causes and not the symptoms.

* So a very dear friend with MS tells me.

I aim to please.

FWIW, I'm ambivalent on cannabis. I don't smoke it, more to do with the fact that I think smoking is a filthy habit than any problem I have with cannabis. I'm not entirely up to date with the latest politics on the matter, but I did spend most of my life from my late teens through to my late twenties (I'm 31 now) in the company of people who smoke weed on a regular basis, some of them did nothing but smoke the stuff. One of my mates went a bit paranoid a couple of years ago but he was taking the piss with the sheer volume he smoked. Everybody else seems to have turned out okay. They never seemed to have a problem getting hold of it either, and I doubt anybody who is in this thread has ever had major supply issues either, beyond the occasional weekend where their dealer has been dry or out of town. I dont know anybody who has got in serious trouble for smoking it either. Some people I know have been raided and fined and had stuff confiscated, but that is as bad as it ever got in the circles I mix in. Others have more extreme/unjust stories I'm sure, but the logic that weed should be legal just because beer is legal is insane. Other than being an easy position to attack if you are pro weed, it holds little value in the real world.

Â