Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

The Fonz is a difficult one. I am not sure he is ready yet but he desperately needs games to see if he can be. 5-5-1/4-3-3/4-2-3-1 makes it very difficult to give games to more than two out and out strikers unless you get injuries or have an Anelka type that can play from a wide position. I think/hope we will play this because (a) most teams do nowadays, and (B) its suits our CM'ers better.

If he does go out on loan, however, he needs to go to a club that will play him as a striker.

Emile Heskey has 13 goals for AVFC in 81 appearances.

Nathan Delfouneso has 8 goals for AVFC in 41 appearances.

Heskey has started many games in his AVFC career while Delfouneso has mainly been used off the bench.

Delfouneso is 20. Heskey is 33.

Delfouneso should be ahead of Heskey in the pecking order.

Its about his all round game though not just the goals, the Fonz has got to learn this. SGC of course he needs to go on loan if he isn't going to start here. He won't obviously because we have Bent and Gabby.

No he needs to go to improve himself so he can be a 1st team player not a squad player at some point. We don't need average squad players. He didn't do well enough on loan either so why should he start here, you don't get given anything you have to earn it. He's got to go on loan and prove himself so he can come back and say look i'm ready to fight for a place in the team here because i proved i could do it last year.

I know and we both agree there is a very good player in their somewhere. Its just he wont get games here no matter what either of us think of him because we have 2 senior strikers. So i want whats going to benefit him best which is playing games, more likely somewhere else in the short term. Thats basically what i meant.

• 3 weeks later...

The kid is a quality player, and given a chance I am sure he would link up well with either Gabby or with Bent. I cant see him being loaned out again as we are too thin on the ground to risk that!

Sort of agree with Richard, better than Vassell, but I think he is on a par with Gabby, Fonz has better ball control and reads a game better rather than reacting to it. Just my opinion of course.

just hope he's not on "made it" money

i think he can do well, IMO he's got more ability than gabby had at that age but i dont think he's got the off field work rate that gabby has, which is what he needs, if heskey goes to leicester he should get around 15-20 appearances this season, hopefully 5-10 goals

Think he would have broken through by now if he was going to, but I will be happy to concede I was wrong if he gets POTS next May after a 20-goal season.

a year and half younger than sturridge, 2 years younger than carroll, if you take out carrolls year in the championship in easily the best team the fonz is actually pretty comparable to them

dont see why so many are so quick to write him off

Â