Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

I seem to recall someone claiming he would be better than Drogba if he had been played this season...... no names mentioned. (Not you Stevo985)

the key part of the phrase being "if he had been played," delfouneso and bent up front would be absolutely superb, i'm certain of it

I thought the key bit was it being bollocks. :D

:lol:

But enough sillyness. :P The guy's still only 20 so I wouldn't rule him out. But so far he's been a little bit of a let down. But then again, I've seen some glimpses of his talent and I still think that he can make it in the Pl for us if he works a little harder. He's got more talent than Gabby so if he adapted his determination he can still make it. But that could be said about the Moores too. Not Ethan, of course. ;)

Right, so he hasn't scored every time he's come off the bench for a 5 minute run out? Not really a valid criticism for me.

He has in fact not often come on for 5 minutes or less when substituted. Over half of his appearances as sub have been 10-20 minutes, mainly towards the higher end of the range. And a quarter have been between 20+ and 70+ minutes.

Young players need to make the most of these opportunities and I'm just questioning whether he has. He undoubtedly has the talent but does he have the right focus and application?

Nathan is a real conundrum for me. Never before had I been so excited about the emergence of a youth talent (I never thought either of the Moore's had the pace or footballing brain, Luke was just a better version of Stefan).

Whenever he played under O'Neill he used to always look a threat, exciting, bags of pace and a knack for scoring. Under GH too - should have had two against Blackpool, could have had more against Fulham.. all very good for a 20 year old. Now he's gone to Burnley and for one reason or another it hasn't really worked out.

I think at his best he could be a Darren Bent with more to his game - better dribbling, passing and hold up play. Time will tell though, maybe another season on loan will be needed.

for me, hes way way overhyped......... hes 20 years old, made 40odd appearances, had a spell on loan, and been in and around the sqaud for 3 seasons and is still no nearer to breaking through.................. bin him off for me, hell never make it at top level.......

at the end of the day, hes no Owen, Rooney, Fowler and that is the calibre we need to take us where we need to go......... cream rises - and this kid has sunk

for me, hes way way overhyped......... hes 20 years old, made 40odd appearances, had a spell on loan, and been in and around the sqaud for 3 seasons and is still no nearer to breaking through.................. bin him off for me, hell never make it at top level.......

at the end of the day, hes no Owen, Rooney, Fowler and that is the calibre we need to take us where we need to go......... cream rises - and this kid has sunk

You're either being sarcastic or incredibly short sighted. 40 appearances yes, but 8 goals, which isn't too bad considering the majority of those appearances are from the bench well into the second half.

You're either being sarcastic or incredibly short sighted. 40 appearances yes, but 8 goals, which isn't too bad considering the majority of those appearances are from the bench well into the second half.

agreed

Who remembers Blues away in the league, when he came on, nutmegged somebody, then took a shot from 25-30 years which cannoned off the bar...

That was amazing.

Also who remembers that shot he had against Brighton in the FA Cup last season from just outside the box which swerved and hit the post.

That was amazing.

Nathan Delfouneso is/will be quality.

Do not get rid.

Only get rid on loan to give him experience.

He was brilliant in that 10-15 mins he came on. Was in the away end, and thought that shot was destined for the back of the net. What a strike.

Clearly an exciting prospect. Wouldn't mind loaning him to another PL side (ala Sturridge) to really see if he crack it. Chelsea will be creaming themselves, not only over the emergence of another genuine goalscorer, but the increased confidence of the lad.

I'm amazed that some appear to be writing him off - he's only just turned 20! Of course he's not a Rooney, Fowler, Owen etc.

I wouldn't read too much into his lack of goals at Burnley either. Ask Watford and Sheff Wed fans what they thought of Gabby after his loan spells there and whether they thought he would make it in the Premier League!

I also don't see this perceived lack of application/right attitude whenever I've seen him play. It seems that this is used as a criticism against any youngster who isn't setting the world alight straight away. And then you get the token reference to the Moore brother's.

I'd like to see him get more chances here.

I'm amazed that some appear to be writing him off - he's only just turned 20! Of course he's not a Rooney, Fowler, Owen etc.

I wouldn't read too much into his lack of goals at Burnley either. Ask Watford and Sheff Wed fans what they thought of Gabby after his loan spells there and whether they thought he would make it in the Premier League!

I also don't see this perceived lack of application/right attitude whenever I've seen him play. It seems that this is used as a criticism against any youngster who isn't setting the world alight straight away. And then you get the token reference to the Moore brother's.

I'd like to see him get more chances here.

agreed stato, good post, i think people forget that he's only 20 because he's been around for such a long time

Its more the fact that when I watched Burnley he had a little tantrum to himself because he called for the ball and didnt receive it 10 minutes after coming on and didn't look to chase things down as much fans would like him too, its like he got it in his head he couldn't reach something so didnt bother - he's a quick lad and it's the speedy ones you look too to try and force an error on the other team.

neither short sighted or sarcastic, its my opinion of the kid......... youve actually hit the nail on the head, if he was that good would he be restricted to mainly substitute appearances??? No, hed be being pushed into the team to play - but hes not, good cover - no more !!

top players, strikers especially, are regulars at a couple of years younger than 20/21

neither short sighted or sarcastic, its my opinion of the kid......... youve actually hit the nail on the head, if he was that good would he be restricted to mainly substitute appearances??? No, hed be being pushed into the team to play - but hes not, good cover - no more !!

top players, strikers especially, are regulars at a couple of years younger than 20/21

Except for one of the most prolific strikers in Premier League history,Ian Wright, who only got a professional contract and made his debut at Crystal Palace at 22.

Or a Villa legend and midfielder, Ian Taylor, who never played a professional game until he was 24, and even then that was for Port Vale.

It **** destroys me how morons on this site are so happy to write a player off at 20 years old. Switch your computer off and do something else...

Â