Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

why couldn't we send **** Heskey on loan?

I presume as a result of this then we are playing 4-5-1 until the end of the season.

4-5-1 was always the plan anyway. Nothing wrong with the formation

well it's the only plan now.

Just seems a bit odd to me, he's shipping players out who he has been using on a regular basis.

well they were used regularly because there was no bugger else available and frankly nathan's never really been a regular.

This is exactly what he needs, shame it wasn't done sooner imo.

why is it? Fonz has only played about 4 times this season. We still have Heskey, Gabby and Bent who can play upfront.

4-2-3-1

4-1-2-2-1

4-4-2

4-4-1-1

4-3-3

4-2-1-3

4-0-6

are all still possible

why couldn't we send **** Heskey on loan?

I presume as a result of this then we are playing 4-5-1 until the end of the season.

4-5-1 was always the plan anyway. Nothing wrong with the formation

There is at home, particularly against the smaller sides who we struggle to break down with 2 strikers

why is it? Fonz has only played about 4 times this season. We still have Heskey, Gabby and Bent who can play upfront.

4-2-3-1

4-1-2-2-1

4-4-2

4-4-1-1

4-3-3

4-2-1-3

4-0-6

are all still possible

forget Heskey,

Gabby and Bent able to play together? I think they could but many on here don't think so.

so maybe 4-4-2 an option.

Heskey has been back to his usual form for a while now.

Forget the striker we played with all the way to January?

Okay.

Bent is a lone striker through and through. Couldn't play with Gabby, Heskey maybe . He did well for Sunderland this year but started losing form as soon as Welbeck and Gyan started doing well and pushing for his place.. yes okay thats a bit stupid of him. It might be because he reportedly did not get on with Gyan at all. But he's a lone striker and a good one at that. Hopefully Fonz will be too as then we'll have 2 good strikers who can play on their own

gabby can play the lone striker and be good at it as well as seen a couple of season ago. Id say gabbys best performance this season was when he was up top on his own against man utd at home.

As for the fonz i can see him leaving in the summer his contract is up in 2012 and dont see no sign of him been offered a new one which would be shame because i do rate him.

About time Fonz got a loan. He is capable of being a Villa regular striking starter. Needed this loan though. Seen as we only play 1 striker, and only have 10 games, this seems a good move. Is their a recall option?

Glad he is going to get a better chance at playing regular football. He needs to play games in order to get the experience and get some maturity.

He could be a very good player in the future, and hopefully he will be a Villa player for a few years to come.

Whatever you do, do not try and emulate Gabby, please!

The cynic in me thinks that both these loan moves are to aid cash flow. I too would prefer him ahead of Emile.

2 potential stars get experience and we save on the wage bill. Win win.

It is not as if they were starters all season etc. plus if the money we save goes towards a signing, then it makes sense.

The cynic in me thinks that both these loan moves are to aid cash flow.

if paying bannan and delfouneso's wages have us concerned, then we should start looking for another team to support coz villa wont be around for much longer :lol:

its hardly financial ffs, it's because ged probably fancies them as first teamers next season and wants them to get competitive experience in while he puts the players theyre replacing in the shop window until the end of the season

if paying bannan and delfouneso's wages have us concerned, then we should start looking for another team to support coz villa wont be around for much longer :lol:

its hardly financial ffs, it's because ged probably fancies them as first teamers next season and wants them to get competitive experience in while he puts the players theyre replacing in the shop window until the end of the season

The money comment was tongue in cheek but just dont see how two players knocking on the first team door should go out on loan, especially with this being a very important end of season for us. Injuries are never too far round the corner especially with the lovely Karl Henry heading to Villa Park in just over a weeks time.

The money comment was tongue in cheek but just dont see how two players knocking on the first team door should go out on loan, especially with this being a very important end of season for us. Injuries are never too far round the corner especially with the lovely Karl Henry heading to Villa Park in just over a weeks time.

Neither player have been knocking long or hard enough on the door. Delfouneso is behind Bent, Heskey and Gabby.

Bannan is behind NRC, Makoun, Delph, Petrov imo.

I can clearly understand where you are coming from but giving them experience will help us wonders. We aren't going to get relegated.

And we've got recall clauses!

If Gabby and HEskey get injured, for example, Delfouneso will come back.

Similarly for Bannan's situation.

There really aren't any negatives in these moves.

Being the ultimate cynic you could say that Randy wants them to go out on loan to get away from Ged seeing as he will be getting rid of him in the Summer and doesn't want them to get too disheartened by sitting on the bench for the rest of the season....

Â