Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I'm thinking about going to a strip club for a cheer up.

Just seen someone arrested outside Legs 11. Took 5 officers to apprehend him. Fair play to him

Was it a tall, black Norwegian in a red and white shirt?

Confession: It took me a long time to get that newspaper joke (when I was little). I'm talking years.

I used to laugh at it because it was just THE joke that everyone knew.

But it wasn't for years until I got the red/read play on words.

Confession: It took me a long time to get that newspaper joke (when I was little). I'm talking years.

First joke I ever learned was: "When is a door not a door? When it's ajar".

If only I'd had the use of "WTF?" and :huh: back then.

Second one was: "What did the big chimney say to the little chimney? You're too young to smoke". Side-splitting.

I got a joke in a cracker a few years ago that I didn't get.

"How do you get down from an Elephant?

You don't you get down from a duck"

I didn't know what down was. I felt so thick as the rest of the table grinned and giggled at the joke.

First joke I ever learned was: "When is a door not a door? When it's ajar".

If only I'd had the use of "WTF?" and :huh: back then.

Second one was: "What did the big chimney say to the little chimney? You're too young to smoke". Side-splitting.

Unsurprisingly I got a lot of jokes as a kid. My favourite one for years was "Two lads were arrested, one for stealing fireworks, the other for drinking battery acid. One was charged and the other let off" and "I drank 14 pots of yoghurt yesterday. I was mullered"

I remember on way back from Barbados at the airport, some guy was trying to sell his joke book, all jokes he made up himself. He then signed the book and forced us to buy it, 4 of us chipped in with 5 barbados dollars, about £1.50 at the time, so nothing much. It was absolutely terrible. Like some jokes, it's as if he just thought he needed more pages and wrote down some words and called it a joke....one was something like

Q. What did the Hamburger say to the cheeseburger?

A. Hey brother, you're cool!!

honestly, was that bad. Can't believe something for £1.50 made us feel that ripped off.

I remember on way back from Barbados at the airport, some guy was trying to sell his joke book, all jokes he made up himself. He then signed the book and forced us to buy it, 4 of us chipped in with 5 barbados dollars, about £1.50 at the time, so nothing much. It was absolutely terrible. Like some jokes, it's as if he just thought he needed more pages and wrote down some words and called it a joke....one was something like

Q. What did the Hamburger say to the cheeseburger?

A. Hey brother, you're cool!!

honestly, was that bad. Can't believe something for £1.50 made us feel that ripped off.

Hmmmm. Airport.....shit jokes.....

Â