Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

Clark will be better than Cahil. Not agressive enough, hes had 10 yellows this season already, its not like he pulls out of tackles. His main attribute is his reading of the game, he will be pretty quick for a cb too.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clark will be better than Cahil. Not agressive enough, hes had 10 yellows this season already, its not like he pulls out of tackles. His main attribute is his reading of the game, he will be pretty quick for a cb too.

He needs to be smarter with his aggression though. The best CB's get away with it because they are subtle. Clark reminds me of Mellberg - very mild mannered and a little easy to bully (the likes of Davies and Heskey loved him) but when he did lose it he was so obvious and was always going to get booked.

Clark needs to learn the CB's tricks but I also think he needs a beast alongside him to handle the big men and let him play the football/cover.

Anyone else think Clark could do the Barry role?

I'm with you, Wiggy.

Clark's lack of pace means he will be exposed in central defense against quick opponents. However, his composure on the ball, technical skill and ability to retain possession are probably best used in central midfield where his pace hinders him a little less.

Besides, he's played that position already this season and done very well.

Gary Cahill has turned out an above average defender who is overrated because he scores a few goals. I'm certain that Clark will turn out much better than Cahill
Cahill 'above average'? C'mon. You better ring Fergie, Wenger & Redknapp and warn them before they go and blow £20m on him this summer. One of them is about to look a prized fool.

Gary Cahill has turned out an above average defender who is overrated because he scores a few goals. I'm certain that Clark will turn out much better than Cahill
Cahill 'above average'? C'mon. You better ring Fergie, Wenger & Redknapp and warn them before they go and blow £20m on him this summer. One of them is about to look a prized fool.

he was superb for england the other night, he looked like he had played there for years

according to papers same teams are chasing Dunne.

I dont rate Cahill and if he didnt score THAT goal he wouldnt be treated with the same affection by our fans

I dont rate Cahill and if he didnt score THAT goal he wouldnt be treated with the same affection by our fans

although he has carried Bolton for the past 3 years, culminating in his first start for england the other night in which he excelled, he is superb now

He's not a 15m let alone 20m defender. For that reason he is a bit overrated. He is a good defender though, he will have a very good career and as SGC said he had an excellent full debut for England the other night. For me he is the fourth best centre back in the England setup behind Ferdinand, Terry and Dawson.

He's not a 15m let alone 20m defender. For that reason he is a bit overrated. He is a good defender though, he will have a very good career and as SGC said he had an excellent full debut for England the other night. For me he is the fourth best centre back in the England setup behind Ferdinand, Terry and Dawson.

he's far better than dawson and i think rio will retire from international football soon

Very true, biigest transfer cock up made in the MON era was selling Cahill and buying Davies. Twice as much money for half the player.

Firstly, I'm sure you are aware that Richard Dunne will be bought for 2 packs of Monster Munch and half a capri-sun. Cahill will not. So the same team going for 2 players doesn't suggest for a minute that both players are of a similar ability. Merely that they'll both represent value.

Secondly, Cahill's goal for us certainly made him a cult hero, but as many said at the time "he'll represent England one day" and he has done. So THAT goal has **** all to do with peoples' opinions of the player as of today. Again, anyone who thinks he is over-rated or being judged through claret and blue glasses really needs to ring Fabio Capello and the aforementioned CL-club managers. Perhaps they were blinded by his goal against sha aswell?

If he still wore a Villa shirt you lot would be saying he was worth over £15m.

Stop kidding yourselves guys, just because he doesnt play for us anymore doesnt mean he is average. He is the best young defender in the league...easily.

Stop kidding yourselves guys, just because he doesnt play for us anymore doesnt mean he is average. He is the best young defender in the league...easily.

agreed, although i wouldn't call 25 young

agreed, although i wouldn't call 25 young

I wouldnt call it old for a centre half either mate. :)

Â