Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlos quoted today as saying Clark can become one of the best defenders in Europe and generally singing his praises

OT but whilst watching England yesterday it occurred to me that wouldn't Cahill and Clark have been a classy partnership , 2 CB's comfortable on the ball but also 2 tough tackling CB's to go with it ..anyway , moving on ...

I agree Tony, they are both very good on the ball, i think Clark is the better tbh. There was a part early in the Ireland match yeterday when he done some real silky skills on the touch line. Theres only one thing that lets him down imho and thats his pace, if he was a yard faster he could well become world class i also think that his lack of pace hinders him as a LB..

I agree Tony, they are both very good on the ball, i think Clark is the better tbh. There was a part early in the Ireland match yeterday when he done some real silky skills on the touch line. Theres only one thing that lets him down imho and thats his pace, if he was a yard faster he could well become world class i also think that his lack of pace hinders him as a LB..

lack of pace? he's by far the quickest cb we have, clark reads the game so well that he rarely needs it, he can be as good as he wants to be

Needs to beef up. Can't have a weak centre half, he'll get shat on by Kevin Davies and the likes. I think he's being well overrated just because he can control and pass it. Admittedly, most of our team are struggling to do even that at the moment, but a tidy footballer doesn't make a good centre half.

The perfect half of an ideal centre back partnership - a destroyer and someone who can play a bit and drops in behind.

Agreed. Laursen and Clark could potentially have been a fantastic partnership. A ball winner alongside a footballer. Ferdinand and Vidic??

Needs to beef up. Can't have a weak centre half, he'll get shat on by Kevin Davies and the likes. I think he's being well overrated just because he can control and pass it. Admittedly, most of our team are struggling to do even that at the moment, but a tidy footballer doesn't make a good centre half.

I think he'll be in the gym getting stronger over the summer, will make a massive difference to his game.

Fully Aggree with this. I dont think hes got the leap or the aggression to make a top notch centre half, and he hasnt got the pace to make a top class fullback, and hasnt got the engine to play in midfield at top level.

All in all hes a decent player who will do a job in a number of position without being outstanding in any.

Being vastly overrated cos hes decent on the ball...........

Was at game last night but he was out of position quite a lot obviously wasnt helped playing next to the inept Stephen Kelly
Did he not play next to O'Dea??. Either way i think you're right, he kept on going inside a lot.

Fully Aggree with this. I dont think hes got the leap or the aggression to make a top notch centre half, and he hasnt got the pace to make a top class fullback, and hasnt got the engine to play in midfield at top level.

All in all hes a decent player who will do a job in a number of position without being outstanding in any.

I also heard there same lines about Cahill and look how he's turned out. I agree that he isn't a full back, but i think he'll become a very good CB..

I also heard there same lines about Cahill and look how he's turned out. I agree that he isn't a full back, but i think he'll become a very good CB..

weve also heard the same about others who have dropped off the face of the earth.......... why does everyone keep bringing up the Cahill analogy

Was at game last night but he was out of position quite a lot obviously wasnt helped playing next to the inept Stephen Kelly
Did he not play next to O'Dea??. Either way i think you're right, he kept on going inside a lot.

Kelly played next to O'Dea but Kelly kept vanishing so Clark had to cover at centre half a lot.

Gary Cahill has turned out an above average defender who is overrated because he scores a few goals. I'm certain that Clark will turn out much better than Cahill

Â