Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GH won 6 cups with pool, then went to lyon and won the league back to back.

4 Cups and two exhibition games and then went to Lyon who had already won the league 4 times straight and won it again twice

How much would he had won at liverpool had he not inherited Gerrard and Owen ?

That said he seems a good judge of clubs who can win things - I just can't see it being houllier - I reckon the speculation is because he was the last one interviewed. -

Hope fully we will have a new name tommorrow

Cups are cups mate.

If you think the Charity Shield and the European Super Cup are actual honours you are mistaken. One is a one legged pre-season exhibition game the other is a two legged exhibition game that rarely attracts even a TV camera

So a cup prestige depends on how many people are watching it? That's idiotic. Do you enjoy X-Factor?

Charity shield is the domestic cup champion vs the league winner. A cup is determined by the teams that compete in it.

If Randy has approached other clubs for permission to speak to their manager why hasn't it been in the media. When Liverpool wanted Hodgson it was on Sky and in the papers as was Fulham's fruitless pursuit of Jol. I believe we haven't approached any clubs about their manager and it is down to compensation having to be paid. It's all very well sorting out the finances regarding the wage bill, but this is the most important person on the payroll and we should not be taking the cheap option.

Think the media linked Moyes pretty strongly and I'm sure I've seen it in the papers that we asked about his availablitiy and got a flat no as an answer. No-one knows to what extent we pursued Moyes or any other managers in employment. Saying, oh well, we probably didn't try hard enough knowing us, is just pure speculation and nay-saying, for all we know they may have worked their arses off trying to convince Moyes to come.

Fact is this... the sort of managers all the negative people in here are banding about are generally with teams that are on par or are just simply better than us, or atleast in better situations. Saying we should pay out for the most important man, well I agree... but if you have no cash to do that then what choice do you have? We don't know the financial status of Villa, yeah we got 18 million or so for Milner but running a football club costs more money than most of us can dream of.

There hasn't been any statement from Everton regarding an approach bu Villa for Moyes. The fact that no one knows how hard we've pursued any manager currently employed is my point. Why hasn't any approach to a club been reported.

Running Villa does cost a massive amount but it costs a lot less now than it did in January, having sold three players and released two high earners and bringing in one new signing.

'>

There hasn't been any statement from Everton regarding an approach bu Villa for Moyes. The fact that no one knows how hard we've pursued any manager currently employed is my point. Why hasn't any approach to a club been reported.

Running Villa does cost a massive amount but it costs a lot less now than it did in January, having sold three players and released two high earners and bringing in one new signing.

4 Cups and two exhibition games and then went to Lyon who had already won the league 4 times straight and won it again twice

a) yes of course, let's say the same thing. wow.

B) winning a league must be so easy, especially when the team did it the year before... avram grant.

c) what was the point in your post? was it just to belittle my opinion?

If MON's record in Scotland doesn't count (you said so yourself) I think it's a fair deal that Houllier's two league wins in France shouldn't count as it was only one team in France at the time. In Scotland at least there were two.

Cups are cups mate.

If you think the Charity Shield and the European Super Cup are actual honours you are mistaken. One is a one legged pre-season exhibition game the other is a two legged exhibition game that rarely attracts even a TV camera

Eh?

Euro super cup is a one off match and attracts cameras easily. Been on the BBC for past few years and was on Sky this time round.

Cups are cups mate.

Eh?

Euro super cup is a one off match and attracts cameras easily. Been on the BBC for past few years and was on Sky this time round.

I was trying to see where he was coming from with that one myself.

If Randy has approached other clubs for permission to speak to their manager why hasn't it been in the media. When Liverpool wanted Hodgson it was on Sky and in the papers as was Fulham's fruitless pursuit of Jol. I believe we haven't approached any clubs about their manager and it is down to compensation having to be paid. It's all very well sorting out the finances regarding the wage bill, but this is the most important person on the payroll and we should not be taking the cheap option.

Think the media linked Moyes pretty strongly and I'm sure I've seen it in the papers that we asked about his availablitiy and got a flat no as an answer. No-one knows to what extent we pursued Moyes or any other managers in employment. Saying, oh well, we probably didn't try hard enough knowing us, is just pure speculation and nay-saying, for all we know they may have worked their arses off trying to convince Moyes to come.

Fact is this... the sort of managers all the negative people in here are banding about are generally with teams that are on par or are just simply better than us, or atleast in better situations. Saying we should pay out for the most important man, well I agree... but if you have no cash to do that then what choice do you have? We don't know the financial status of Villa, yeah we got 18 million or so for Milner but running a football club costs more money than most of us can dream of.

'>

Moyes came out pretty early on after MON left saying he wouldn't leave Everton so that's one official statement, as for anything else, maybe they felt they didn't have to or maybe they didn't want the press interfering constantly for fear of unsettling anyone? Same could go for any other target still employed, but regardless of this, we may just not have the money, I don't understand why people don't accept this.

As for running a football club, I hardly think having 3 less players is going to save that much in the long run. Costs extend from players all the way down to the stewards at the game and everyone in between. It's a phenominal amount of money, especially gor a big club like Villa.

Maybe Randy just wants to stabilise his investment a little, the whole sell to buy policy suggests we don't have the funds for players, let alone to release a manager from his contract with another club. Do you want us to end up like Pompey?

Cups are cups mate.

Eh?

I was trying to see where he was coming from with that one myself.

So what really, its still an exhibition game.

'>

Moyes came out pretty early on after MON left saying he wouldn't leave Everton so that's one official statement, as for anything else, maybe they felt they didn't have to or maybe they didn't want the press interfering constantly for fear of unsettling anyone? Same could go for any other target still employed, but regardless of this, we may just not have the money, I don't understand why people don't accept this.

As for running a football club, I hardly think having 3 less players is going to save that much in the long run. Costs extend from players all the way down to the stewards at the game and everyone in between. It's a phenominal amount of money, especially gor a big club like Villa.

Maybe Randy just wants to stabilise his investment a little, the whole sell to buy policy suggests we don't have the funds for players, let alone to release a manager from his contract with another club. Do you want us to end up like Pompey?

I don't see how you get to leap from approaching a club to speak to their manager and paying compensation to ending up like Pompey. As long as we don't use the VAT man's money I don't think that comparison stands up to scrutiny.

That said he seems a good judge of clubs who can win things - I just can't see it being houllier - I reckon the speculation is because he was the last one interviewed. -

So if he came here and won something with us, GAB and Ash being instrumental, is the next line of excuse "would he have won anything had he not inherited them"? Baffling reasons some people are using for the hate, If you're not for the appointment, so be it, but the arguments have got to have more weight than that IMO.

played infront of a capacity crowd after the draw for the champs league and broadcast worldwide. By the way Atletico celebrated it, didn't look exhibition to me.

Yes just like we celebrated the Peace cup, except we played more than one game to win it

It is an exhibition game, the amount of people who watch it and the amount of countries that three men and a dog watch it in and how many people were at the game alters nothing its an exhibition game. When we won it, I was there at VP it was still an exhibition game, it is not a major honour, nor is the charity shield, they are one off games used to promote football - exhibition matches

So if he came here and won something with us, GAB and Ash being instrumental, is the next line of excuse "would he have won anything had he not inherited them"? Baffling reasons some people are using for the hate, If you're not for the appointment, so be it, but the arguments have got to have more weight than that IMO.

Hear hear, good post.