Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

I wonder if the new manager would have wanted Milner or Ireland? The lack of a manager didn't stop us from completing that bit of business did it?

Milner, the player that had his head turned by Manchester City? The player who we received a massive fee for in a deal that had already been put into motion before MON's resignation?

It's irrelevant if a new manager wanted Milner - Milner wanted a move

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're going for a manager not currently in a job. There is no excuse for why they couldn't have been in to conduct transfer business.

The only reason (that isn't conspiring that it was deliberate) is that there seems to be people in charge they have a lot of experience in business. But absolutely no-one in charge that knows football.

Unless you count the life president, who has tons of experience getting new managers.

I can only assume this shit about not wanting a manager who's already in a job is some sort of 'lost in translation' bullshit

Because if you're 'morals' tell you we can only go for someone nobody else wants and thats out of work it doesnt say a lot does it ?

It might explain our last minute transfer window bid for Lee Hendrie though

:lol:

If we're going for a manager not currently in a job. There is no excuse for why they couldn't have been in to conduct transfer business.

If you'd prefer Randy to rush into appointing a manager, without identifying and interviewing other candidates, then yes there's no excuse. Thankfully our chairman has a bit more about him and will make an informed decision once he knows what options are available and what they can bring to the table. Getting the right man in, regardless of their current employment status, will take time.

I can only assume this shit about not wanting a manager who's already in a job is some sort of 'lost in translation' bullshit

Because if you're 'morals' tell you we can only go for someone nobody else wants and thats out of work it doesnt say a lot does it ?

It might explain our last minute transfer window bid for Lee Hendrie though

:lol:

I had taken it to mean they wouldn't go for the likes of Hughes because he had just joined his new club and it would show a lack of charater if he just turned around and walked out again.

If you'd prefer Randy to rush into appointing a manager, without identifying and interviewing other candidates, then yes there's no excuse. Thankfully our chairman has a bit more about him and will make an informed decision once he knows what options are available and what they can bring to the table. Getting the right man in, regardless of their current employment status, will take time.

Sorry but I don't go with this have to take time bullshit.

It was 22 days from when MON left to the end of the transfer window. There are four board members, lets say for example they are the only people working on this. 22 days, circa 3 weeks. 5 working days. I work 9 hours a day at least. Say they only do 6. That's 90 hours. 4 people working (for example), then that's 360 man hours.

I'd say that's more than plenty of time to make an informed decision.

If the club appoint an outstanding Manager that is a surprise from another club then supporters will be happy and accept the situation.

If the club however appoint Kevin or another out of work manager for instance then supporters will feel cheated, in particular season tickets holders who will feel let down by the Board. O'Neill let us down badly but the Board would be no better if they spoof this appointment.

Lets see who gets the job, hopefully the Summer will end on a high. :?

If the club appoint an outstanding Manager that is a surprise from another club then supporters will be happy and accept the situation.

If the club however appoint Kevin or another out of work manager for instance then supporters will feel cheated, in particular season tickets holders who will feel let down by the Board. O'Neill let us down badly but the Board would be no better if they spoof this appointment.

Lets see who gets the job, hopefully the Summer will end on a high. :?

Moorski, yes some will moan, but if the board can't get the man they want.....What would you like them to do? Appoint Kevin who knows the players better than anyone or appoint someone for just 1 season?

Regarding Moyes - My wife works in the city (Liverpool) and was told by two different people today (one a red, the other a blue) that Randy Lerner met with Moyes yesterday in a Liverpool hotel/Bistro.

Furthermore I was told by a trusted friend that Dunne and some of the squad are talking up Moyes as their preferred choice of replacement manager. Dunne still has good friends (in the media) up here on Merseyside and was speaking about this following our victory over Everton.

Could all be bollocks of course, however I have no reason to believe these people are either being mischievous or malicious.

Finally some bookies on Merseyside have suspended betting on Moyes coming to B6 . Only time will tell.

I would say give it to Kevin untill the end of the season rather than an also ran, but that would not appease the fans nor am I sure that it would do Kevin any good either.

I am sure that the club could get a very good manager if they really want to, you have to make things happen in football.

Its certainly easy to get a little pissed off with how long this whole process is taking and I'm certainly guilty of that.

However I'm now starting to look at it that having taken this long you'd expect that Randy and the board would have weeded out a very good manager from all the research they've done and interviews that have been undertaken.

Should certainly be someone special given that the board have been so thorough and taken so long to make the decision therefore sacrificing any chance of making the couple of signings we so obviously needed just to stand still.

but if the board can't get the man they want.....What would you like them to do?

And what about if "their man" is MacDonald?

Then give him the job, if he wants it.

The board are the ones who will have to take the flack whoever they appoint if it don't work.

They will just have to take some flack before Kevin takes charge of his first full game as the manager.

If their man is Mc Donald then he should have been appointed sooner and saved all this bollox & bullshit. Surely the General would not have gone to such lengths into making the supporters think that managers of a good PL standard were being sought fill the vacancy.

If the right man was under their nose all the time they will look as though a lack of ambition/funds was a serious issue after all in delaying tactics, which Mr.Krulak denied.

What fecking chance to strengthen?

Did I miss us having a manager or something? or would you want the owner or caretaker to speculate on someone the new manager wouldn't want?

I wonder if the new manager would have wanted Milner or Ireland? The lack of a manager didn't stop us from completing that bit of business did it?

Milner had made it perfectly clear he wanted out regardless. Mon originally wanted Ireland and Cittee wanted him out. No Ireland=no deal=one pissed off Jimmy=unhappy dressing room