Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Of course he does press. HE HAS TOO. Do you think most managers want to waste their time doing interviews about a load of nothing. They have too, that's why they do it.

When he mentions spotlight he mentions every move, every action is commented on etc...he said that bit he didn't like, noone likes people criticsing there every move.

Perhaps you misunderstood. Yes he does interviews and press conferences (more than every other manager fyi) which he is obliged to do. He also does those which are not obligatory and I think he was doing punditry/analysis on 6 different channels and sites during the WC and seems like I see the man on mundial every week. Point being, he likes the limelight.

Should have used another example because it wasn't doing much for your case -.-

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In fact you point proves the fact.

Name a "quiet" guy who has succeeded / stayed in the premier league.

Little did it - quit due to stress

Coppell did it - quit due to stress

Adams did it briefly - quit due to stress

Frank Clarke did it - dont know he quit or sacked, but he was shit

Jesus, even the great Kenny Daglieish, still I think the only manager to win it with different clubs - quit with stress !

and on.....

You CANNOT be a quiet guy in the premier league - in this country the press know what toliet paper you use, abroad, the premier league don't get ni-on a billion quid from TV stations to say "Sorry, he doesn't like the limlight so he won't do anything for you"

Face it - KM is not management material, and if he gets the job, whether he gets 100% backing, or 0%, the outcome will more than likely be the same

You CANNOT be a quiet guy in the premier league

Ancelotti?

I think what he means is that you've got to be able to handle the media. Ancelotti is no press-loving Mourinho but I don't think I've ever seen him shirk from an interview.

I wish they'd just give Maradona the job and be done with it. We're not gonna win the league, so we may as well have some fun and excitement.

(that's Diego, not the previous poster!)

If Mac gets the job so be it. Any Villa supporter will be 110% behind him I'm sure

WRONG..... and iI would be the same if it was Southgate, and I would have felt the same if it was George Graham in the Ellis era, its just totally the wrong person to move us forward as a club, but then if Randy wants to see his investment dwindle away then let him do it, if Kev Mack is appointed then I will cancel my shirt and son's kit order in pure and utter disgust....

Don't understand why people are getting on paulanddonya, he is absolutely right.

You cannot make a manager out of a man with such a lack of confidence. It will seriously impair the squad. The gaffer has to look like he's seen it all before, he's confident of what will happen next, etc. This man seems like he will have a panic attack at any moment. You'll have players handing in transfer requests to escape such a debacle.

And before anyone asks, no I do not have the stomach to take a job like that.

Don't understand why people are getting on paulanddonya, he is absolutely right.

You cannot make a manager out of a man with such a lack of confidence. It will seriously impair the squad. The gaffer has to look like he's seen it all before, he's confident of what will happen next, etc. This man seems like he will have a panic attack at any moment. You'll have players handing in transfer requests to escape such a debacle.

And before anyone asks, no I do not have the stomach to take a job like that.

Yeah, I think you're right.

I think he knows that a lot of grief will come with the job, and he simply doesn't need it, or want it. Can't say I blame him. He should stay as reserve coach, where he's out of the spotlight and been doing an absolutely fantastic job... I suspect he'll be much happier doing that.

Murmurs I have heard, point possibly towards Walter Smith. However I have been wrong in the past which caused a massive uproar amongst the media and especially with MON, well enough for him to give me a phone call anyway and ask where i had got my information from. :-)

If Mac gets the job so be it. Any Villa supporter will be 110% behind him I'm sure

WRONG..... and iI would be the same if it was Southgate, and I would have felt the same if it was George Graham in the Ellis era, its just totally the wrong person to move us forward as a club, but then if Randy wants to see his investment dwindle away then let him do it, if Kev Mack is appointed then I will cancel my shirt and son's kit order in pure and utter disgust....

then good riddance is all I can say.

I don't think he will be appointed personally, so again, all this OTT "If this happened, I'll do X' is simply raising stress levels amongst a few individuals.

Chill out and just see what happens, and who is actually appointed first.

The way I see it, I think Monday's talk will go along the lines of KM declaring his interest or not. If he does (which is sounding likely because he thinks it's a great opportunity) he will be added to the shortlist and interviewed along with the rest of the candidates. I don't think Randy is that clueless to realise that KM doesn't have the experience as the other candidates which is why a mentoring figure ahs been suggested to work alongside him. One thing is for sure, we will NOT be seeing any new players this window unless KM gets the job because the window will be shut before a new manager can come in.

I don't always agree with PaulandDonya but I have to say that I think Paul has hit the nail well and truly on the head with his summing up of Kev MacDonald on the General's thread.

I am confused by Kev Mac at the moment. First of all he says he doesn't like all the other stuff that goes with being a first team manager. He prefers to spend more time with the players. He says strange things about winning being the be all and end all, of course it is. You don't manage teams to lose, do you? Then he comes out and says that he wants to be considered for the job. So here is a man who doesn't seem to like anything about the job but wants to be considered for it - very strange! This is like someone who hates animals applying for a job of head keeper at the local zoo.

Is KM fishing for a promotion to say first team coach but saying that he doesn't want to manage the team? It seems that way to me. Given what KM has said, it seems to me that he is not the man for the job. I would like our manager to be someone who really wants to be here and wants everything that comes with being a manager of a big football club.

i dont see why paul is getting critised either. we have been a top 6 club for the last few years and we are appointing someone who has never managed in any competitive league?

he was up against hughton who really isnt a tactical genius and got humilated. playing heskey on the wing what the hell?

imagine when he come sup against someone like ferguson or ancelotti?

i fear teh worse if mac gets it as he doesnt seem to be enjoying it for me and i think he knows he is out of his depth