Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

No to Kevin Mack for me. Flies on the face of what the General said about getting the right man in instead of any man. Kevin Mack is a good football/Aston Villa man, but he's not the man Aston Villa need at the helm right now.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can see us slipping down the league for a few years with Kev at the helm,he's not big enough as a manager for us,and not well known enough outside of England for transfers this season is going from bad to worse every week..

Sadly it all points to KM - Even if had won every game - I wouldn't think this the right move. I also question the 'he knows the players theory' - He was reserve team coach - not first team coach - so he might know the players fleetingly after they come back from injury - but his coaching of the first team will have been minimal.

Sad day - and if it happens - I beleive the conspiracy theorists are right (ie were are running on the cheap) - Been tried before Randy - Google Graham Turner ..........& think again.

agree with all the thoughts on KM, keep him in the brilliant job that he has done for the club for that last 15 years, you cannot replace that role easily.

It is a worry that the Club are going down the easy route but until anything happens we have to remain optimistic that Randy is working on getting the right man in.

You have got to think from his comments that he will decide after Sunday if he is interested and that he wouldnt think that one game would effect his chances is that he is interested in the role now. When he first took over he claimed to have no interest.

Sounds odd that he would come out and make a statement like that if he thought a new manager was coming in and one before Sunday. He surely in the no at whats going on in the club at the moment.

With the transfer deadline closing I just hope we have it sorted by the end of the week and give the new man a chance to at least bring in a couple of players. Maybe Randy doesnt want him in before then and profit the 18 million from the milner deal ?

Relegation candidates?

Behave.

Relegation may be a long shot, especially with the likes of Blackpool, Wigan and West Ham down there but just how bad were we last Sunday?

Certainly not a top six (ten?) side playing like that!!

i think that Kev Mac will have 2 more matches to prove he can hack it as the main man if we beat vienna and draw or beat everton i think he will be offered the job. but if we fail to beat rapid or lose to everton i think bob bradley will be packing his suitcase and be heading to VP.