Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is MM? Big names or safe bets?

Jol is a consideration but honestly they have no fixed names at the moment . To me it's pretty obvious reading the players comments MacDonald is the favourite and I expect Staunton to be in the mix as assistant somewhere along the line .

I don't know by the way for a fact

Jol is a consideration but honestly they have no fixed names at the moment . To me it's pretty obvious reading the players comments MacDonald is the favourite and I expect Staunton to be in the mix as assistant somewhere along the line .

Any other Dutchmen?

I expect Staunton to be in the mix as assistant somewhere along the line .

Its not overly dramatic to say that this possibility, however slim it might be, absolutely terrifies me. From what I've heard about his "reign" as Irish international manager and then from his time at Darlington, I will honestly lose plenty of sleep at the prospect of Steve Staunton being part of the backroom staff in any capacity above boot cleaner.

Would really like to see that actually, Stan was always a major fav of mine as a kid.

Hasn't covered himself in glory at Eire or Darlington mind you but that can be easily overlooked by simply watching a replay of that left foot strike at Old Trafford in 1993

Hasn't covered himself in glory at Eire or Darlington mind you but that can be easily overlooked by simply watching a replay of that left foot strike at Old Trafford in 1993

That easily? Really?

Stevehic Stanhic Stauntonhic should really not be considered.. hic.

Steve Staunton is a word removed and i dont want him near Villa Park in any capacity even as a fan.

The way he treats Villa fans is a disgrace like telling a 6 year old to **** off when asking for an autograph in Dublin airport

That easily? Really?

Stevehic Stanhic Stauntonhic should really not be considered.. hic.

Well I hadn't heard anything about that until your post.

Still a legend for me though and that kind of thing can be rectified at least, with difficulty in some cases but achievable, if he had been entirely inept then that would be more of a worry as you can't necessarily teach it.

Steve Staunton is a word removed and i dont want him near Villa Park in any capacity even as a fan.

The way he treats Villa fans is a disgrace like telling a 6 year old to **** off when asking for an autograph in Dublin airport

Was that six year old, Steven Ireland? :lol:

Seriuosly though, we can forget about Ireland if we appoint Staunton. How he is even in the reckoning is beyond me.

What I'd like to konw is: are RL and his VP staff undertaking the search unaided, or are they taking any external advice?

I don't want to worry you, but I did pass AV1 heading in the direction of Bodymoor Heath last Monday evening....