Barry Bannan

villianusa

So let me get this straight. Bannan is technically better than other players we have and has an impact on the team winning and we're selling him because?

What a load of shit.

Bannan has contributed to victories but in recent games the likes of Delph and Sylla have had bigger impacts. I believe the reason Delph and Sylla have bigger impacts is because there style of play suits us more than Bannan's. As I've said before both Delph and Sylla are 2 athletic, dynamic players who thrive in our high tempo, high energy system of play. Bannan is neither dynamic or athletic so he isn't really built for it. Whereas Delph will look to pick up the ball and drive at the heart of the defence, Bannan will look to thread a pass to a more advanced player. Both are fine, but in our system we would rather have someone like Delph, who is quite direct. Whereas if we were Swansea, maybe Bannan would be a better option as his main qualities lie in his technical ability.

I think the reason Bannan is being sold is because he is unhappy sitting on the bench for majority of games and there are better suited players out there than Bannan for the way we play.

So let me get this straight. Bannan is technically better than other players we have and has an impact on the team winning and we're selling him because?

What a load of shit.

Bannan has contributed to victories but in recent games the likes of Delph and Sylla have had bigger impacts. I believe the reason Delph and Sylla have bigger impacts is because there style of play suits us more than Bannan's. As I've said before both Delph and Sylla are 2 athletic, dynamic players who thrive in our high tempo, high energy system of play. Bannan is neither dynamic or athletic so he isn't really built for it. Whereas Delph will look to pick up the ball and drive at the heart of the defence, Bannan will look to thread a pass to a more advanced player. Both are fine, but in our system we would rather have someone like Delph, who is quite direct. Whereas if we were Swansea, maybe Bannan would be a better option as his main qualities lie in his technical ability.

I think the reason Bannan is being sold is because he is unhappy sitting on the bench for majority of games and there are better suited players out there than Bannan for the way we play.

Both Con and Cambridge-AVFC are.....

91k.gif

What a load of shit.

You keep comparing him to delph and sylla. What about westwood? He's a more 'technical' player, why can he fit in to our style of play and not bannan?

I agree Bannan suits Swansea better than us.

Swansea 8th in the League plus cup

Us 16th and fighting relegation all season.

I don't think our fanbase are cultured enough to appreciate good technical players and this harms us.

The more educated football fan will watch the likes of La Liga and football from around the world (me, Con etc) whereas your average Villa fan will watch us and then some Sunday afternoon hooftball at their local parks.

What a prick.

Why on earth is this thread always at the top of the discussion thread everyday?

Becuase we like running around in circles here at villatalk. We're pretty much a dog chasing its own tail.

What a load of shit.

You keep comparing him to delph and sylla. What about westwood? He's a more 'technical' player, why can he fit in to our style of play and not bannan?

Because that wouldn't fit the argument.

Bannan will look to thread a pass to a more advanced player

Well this shows your talking rubbish. You say he doesn't suit our style because we play direct with a hi tempo so Delph running with the ball suits us better. Bullshit. No player can run faster than someone can kick a ball. So having someone who plays these advanced passes would suit a direct hi temp style.

The thing is bannan doesn't play these advanced passes. He either gives the ball away or slows the game down with a sideways pass or passing backwards. Rarely does he do what you suggest. Because if he did and if he did it well he'd be in the team.

Edited by Big_John_10
  • Like 1

Bannan likely has no future at aston villa. Lambert dislikes his attitude, so unless Bannan decides to completely readjust how he goes about training, he will be sold. 

Where did you get this from? I was under the impression Bannan trains well, as he did just recently in the Scotland camp.

TrentVilla - Con seeing as you like stats so much how about one for how many games we lost with Bannan in the side compared to without him. 

We did not lose more often with Bannan in the team. 

With Bannan we lost 44.4% matches. Without Bannan we lost 45% of our games.

With Bannan we won 33.3% matches, without we won 20%.

It seems we won instead of drew more often with Bannan in the starting line-up.

With Bannan we drew 22.3%, without we drew 25%.

I agree Bannan suits Swansea better than us.

Swansea 8th in the League plus cup

Us 16th and fighting relegation all season.

I don't think our fanbase are cultured enough to appreciate good technical players and this harms us.

The more educated football fan will watch the likes of La Liga and football from around the world (me, Con etc) whereas your average Villa fan will watch us and then some Sunday afternoon hooftball at their local parks.

This might be the funniest post yet on VillaTalk.

My favorite part is when he implies that Bannan is a "good technical player" and then goes on to call 99.99% of the Villa fan base uneducated and ignorant

• Like 1

Bannan likely has no future at aston villa. Lambert dislikes his attitude, so unless Bannan decides to completely readjust how he goes about training, he will be sold. 

Where did you get this from? I was under the impression Bannan trains well, as he did just recently in the Scotland camp.

TrentVilla - Con seeing as you like stats so much how about one for how many games we lost with Bannan in the side compared to without him. 

Better check that math. Apparently without Bannan we lose 45%, win 20%, draw 25% and do nothing the other 10%

• Like 1

Better check that math. Apparently without Bannan we lose 45%, win 20%, draw 25% and do nothing the other 10%

Totally amazed that the super educated Super Dupa Nova never spotted that one. Just goes to show that there is always someone more educated than yourself.

Step forward DiegoD & take a bow my son, take a bow! :)

I actually think Bannan's a good footballer *puts on tin hat*. His attitude stinks however and that's why he will never amount to anything.

He has a great, if unreliable left foot, a rubbish right foot, no pace and no football brain - or at least, a football brain that goes to sleep often.