Barry Bannan

villianusa

Why are you so obsessed with stats?Stats mean sweet FA at the end of the day, his performance was absolute shit, the reason so many of his "accurate long passes" count, is because of the effort of our players to keep the ball from going out of play! Great example being weiman having to run back about 10-15 yards to get the ball that was so far behind him. You are deluded my friend.

Why are you so obsessed with stats?Stats mean sweet FA at the end of the day, his performance was absolute shit, the reason so many of his "accurate long passes" count, is because of the effort of our players to keep the ball from going out of play! Great example being weiman having to run back about 10-15 yards to get the ball that was so far behind him. You are deluded my friend.

you are cherry picking.

if you think Bannan is to blame for this result not the decision taken by the manager to start Bent and play a back 3 you should think again whether it is I that is the deluded one.

I'm not blaming him for the result in any way shape or form, I'm stating he clearly is not upto the task of playing CM. He was absolute dire all game even when the lads picked up second half, he is just not good enough to play in the Aston Villa midfield.

Scapegoat? Nah. People have been saying he's not up to the required standard since before this season. Frankly, he only gets a run out because we have no alternative.

He has been utterly outclassed game in, game out and stats only go so far as to prove that what he works on in training he applies on the field, which is the very, very least a professional footballer should do. When it comes to in-game decision making he is awful and that is what matters at this level.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

Just back from the game

Im sorry Con you cannot defend him after that performance

He was a whole new level of shite

Newcastle walked through our midfield in the 1st half watching him trying to get the ball off sissoko was hilarious

Edited by AshVilla

Hmm let me think about this, Bannan or Sissoko.

Honestly who would choose Bannan? Anybody?

I don't care that he earns more than Bannan, there is a good reason. . . . . he's a much better player.

Lerner sort it out, if we pay shit wages we end up with Bannan, does it look clearer for you now!

is this obsession with whipping Bannan after every result designed to take the heat off Lambert?

People are just saying he's not good enough. No point in really trying to explain that as you will just slap a load of stats in my face that don't really mean anything.

I'm not blaming him for the result in any way shape or form, I'm stating he clearly is not upto the task of playing CM. He was absolute dire all game even when the lads picked up second half, he is just not good enough to play in the Aston Villa midfield.

He wasn't "absolute dire". You exaggerate to make a point, which is - I think - that he is not a defensive midfielder and if he were one - which he is not - we would have played better.

Yes we would - but you can't blame Bannan and say he is "absolute dire" because he's not a DM.

You can't be complaining about him losing the ball in his other role as CM as tonight he had 85% passing 87% long ball accuracy. Bannan had 0 crosses tonight. no corners taken.

I think Westwood played better of the two tonight but Bannan did not have a bad game. Even had a shot on target.

He wasn't "absolute dire". You exaggerate to make a point, which is - I think - that he is not a defensive midfielder and if he were one - which he is not - we would have played better.

Yes we would - but you can't blame Bannan and say he is "absolute dire" because he's not a DM.

You can't be complaining about him losing the ball in his other role as CM as tonight he had 85% passing 87% long ball accuracy. Bannan had 0 crosses tonight. no corners taken.

I think Westwood played better of the two tonight but Bannan did not have a bad game. Even had a shot on target.

I don't understand how you can say that Bannan did not have a bad game

Im guessing you actually went to the game and saw it first hand?

You are so stat based it is a joke, clearly do not watch the games. Here's a stat for you, Newcastle 2-1 Aston Villa. No its not only Bannan to blame but he is one of the reasons.

His decision making is absolutley discusting, he cannot play anywhere in our midfield, we get very badly overrun with him playing. You can hide behind your stats all you like but Bannan is nowhere near as good as these stats make him look, all you have to do is watch him play to see how awful he is.

• Like 1

To be brutally frank you can get away with being that small in central midfield if you're really really good but he's nowhere close and his set piece delivery is pitiful.

I agree there is only a small club of players who are very short and are extremely good like Messi and Valbuena for Marseille

Bannan is not fit enough to clean his boots

Edited by AshVilla

He wasn't "absolute dire". You exaggerate to make a point, which is - I think - that he is not a defensive midfielder and if he were one - which he is not - we would have played better.

Barry, is that you?

Seriously Con are you just trying to play devils advocate, or you really believe he is a premier league CM?

I'm staggered if you think the latter, no he's not the reason we lost tonight, but he's symptomatic of why we are bottom 3. He's not very good, and possibly one of the most ineffective midfielders I've seen at the club.

Because he's small, lightweight shit in the tackle and cant win a header you think he might make up for it by being brilliant on the ball like Iniesta. But he's not. Honestly NRC is a limited player, but he is far more effective than Bannan.

The fact that Lambert keeps picking him, really makes me question Whether Lamberts appointment was a mistake.

Bannan was absolutely abysmal today.

It seems like he froze, was terrified and neither wanted the ball or have the abilities to run or tackle in the first half. When Bennett or Lowton had a throw in, he just stood 10 meter into the field, without moving and making himself available. When Lowton got the ball and looked forward, Bannan did not seem to want the ball, just hiding in the middle with some Newcastle players. We could see the frustration in both Lowton (who ended up with either a hoof into nomansland or just running the ball into a Newcastle player) and Vlaar who also lumped the ball forward when no midfielder wanted to offer assistance.

Worst thing was that it looked like he did not give a shit in the first half, just jogging around. I do not think that was the case though, I think he was terrified. His confidence is shot to pieces and he should have a couple of games on the sideline.