Barry Bannan

villianusa

True. Who was going to supply him?

Only had 3 midfielders left when Bannan went off.

After Bennett was subbed, the two players involved in creating the first goal were no longer on the pitch.

Sometimes you have to question the management.

This is a new one!

I am questioning the management mate. My point is we moaned for years about getting a goal scorer/poacher on here who could potentially drag us out of a mess. He did it under Houllier and if their is any tactical nouse we'll start here as it should be our number one solution going forward especially if we obtain nobody during January. Frustrations from every perspective tonight and I'm not a fan of Bannan and I know he isn't exactly protected well in the centre of the park.

Edited by knoppy1987

I don't know what else to call it when, under pressure, you float a ball from your own corner flag towards your keeper who is also under pressure. Given did very well to take it on his chest and control it.

Confident and competent. We were playing a Division Two side.

Terms like "psychotic" are silly and make any reasonable argument you may have look over-stretched.

we needed goals so lambert took off our shittest player and brought on our most proven goalscorer. whats to question about that?

Getting and giving is an unappreciated art in our team. Bannan was the only player on the pitch who had patience.

His job might have been a very simple one but it gave the team structure. He was an outlet in the middle who could switch play, dragging Bradford's defence side-to-side.

Confident and competent. We were playing a Division Two side.

Terms like "psychotic" are silly and make any reasonable argument you may have look over-stretched.

No it was madness. Bradford didn't have a sniff in that half, yet if Given miscontrols there or Bannan miscues (like he did for several other, much simpler passes), then they're in. It was Bannan doing what he always does, making low percentage passes he doesn't need to make, hunting for the elusive glory moment to fuel his own ego. Trouble is, it never comes. He's a highlight reel player who never creates any highlights.

The only 'silly' thing is accusing anyone else of being silly while praising the worst player on the pitch after an already shit performance.

No it was madness. Bradford didn't have a sniff in that half, yet if Given miscontrols there or Bannan miscues (like he did for several other, much simpler passes), then they're in. It was Bannan doing what he always does, making low percentage passes he doesn't need to make, hunting for the elusive glory moment to fuel his own ego.

I think you're making much more of it than there was. Given controlled it. He's not great with the football. If he controlled it then it couldn't have been that bad.

At least Bannan saved the corner.

Trouble is, it never comes. He's a highlight reel player who never creates any highlights.

The only 'silly' thing is accusing anyone else of being silly while praising the worst player on the pitch after an already shit performance.

The substitution was 'tactical'. He had done his open play job as midfield lynch-pin well. We bossed the game in the first half. He wasn't at fault for the goal and only had 15 minutes of play in the second.

The really 'bad' part of the match began after he went off.

The same people who criticise Bannan are the ones who criticised Petrov and Barry. Too much FIFA and youtube highlights methinks. You need players that offer an option and can keep the ball moving - as soon as Bannan went off, players like Lowton, Delph, N'Zogbia and the defence had nobody offering them a short pass option and our play suffered as a result. It's blindingly **** obvious that he's a very important player for us - look at the difference when he came on against Southampton; we totally transformed as a team and battered them in the 2nd half.

His corners yesterday were poor, definitely, no disputing that but it's not the be all and end all of his game.

One of the worst players we have had in a long time, he just isn't good enough. In the first half he just hit passes over everyone and into the stand, same with set-pieces. It's like he just hits them, without any target in mind, he just hits the corners like a shot and they sail over everyone.

Whenever he starts a game I just know we are going to lose out in the midfield and struggle at set-pieces.