Barry Bannan

villianusa

But if we survive and get a few more players in then Lowton and Westwood will get far more stick than they do now, i'm not saying they deserve more stick it's just that they get far less criticism than others.

Personally I think if we survive both will go on to be very good players for us. I've already explained why they get less stick, twice.

I just don't hate Bannan or think he is as rubbish as he is made out to be, he's played ok at times, even had a few good games, i'm entitled to have that opinion. Doesn't mean i want him in the team every week.

Sure you are, you are entitled to whatever view you want I didn't say you weren't. All I was trying to do was answer the question you posed about why Bannan gets more stick than other players.

Tonight is a good night to identify his style of play. It's been difficult to do that with him playing in an under-performing side, with defensive duties.

Not so many defensive duties tonight, Villa should be on top all match.

He's been frustrating a corners so far - over-hit. One cross over-hit.

Not the only Villa player making mistakes. I like the way Delph is playing but if we minutely analyse his performance you could trash him.

Villa team on top all half. Bannan passing it around "pulling the strings".

I think that is his game. It's not spectacular stuff.

Woeful corners as usual

They are not even his typical floated ones they hit nobody at all

Passing the balls sideways as usual all the time

Ive never seen him hit an incisive through ball like Ireland does

He's a deep lying playmaker tonight. Delph and Ireland are playing more attacking positions.

Deep lying playmaker....

Anybody can pass the ball sideways even Reo Coker could....

At least he had other qualities like drive and physicality

Bannan does nothing else other than the occasional hollywood ball that hits nobody or the corners that sail over everybody's head and go out for a throw in

The moment Bannan came off is the moment we fell apart, shows how important he was to the team...

Hoof ball. One of them resulted in a goal right at the end, but it's not football.

Bannan created space by spreading it around.

It's not spectacular stuff.

It's patient stuff.

We need more patience.

Hoof ball for the rest of the match in the second half after Bannan went off.

The moment Bannan came off is the moment we fell apart, shows how important he was to the team...

Haha...are you serious? We fell apart as lambert aint got a clue, who went to left back when bennett went off, thats when we fell apart...

Haha...are you serious? We fell apart as lambert aint got a clue, who went to left back when bennett went off, thats when we fell apart...

Indeed Lambert hasn't got a clue, so he took off Bannan, and from their on the structure fell apart. We resulted to what i can only describe as hail mary football. Bannan was playing well, he was keeping things ticking over got the assist of the assist for the 1st goal. He did his job and did it well. When Bannan left the pitch our 70% possession deteriorated...