Barry Bannan

villianusa

But if he didn't take the corners what does he create? If we had a game with 1-2 corners he's pretty much going to be doing **** all then? His Creativity from open play is non-existent.

Well that's debatable.

Set Benteke's diving header and Gabby's volley up against Bradford, also Weimann's glancing header against Man Utd. In open play he tends to set up attacks because he's a deep-lying play-maker. He is an asset for us.

They are just ones when he has had a direct cross/pass resulting in a shot. He played a good ball into Zog for the Ispwich Bent goal.

He doesn't do nothing he just isn't a DM and shouldn't be playing there unless hes next to to a solid DM who can do most the defensive work. He shoud be playing infront of a midfield 2.

-------Westwood-Delph-------

-------------Bannan------------

Gabby----------------Weimann

-------------Benteke---------

At the moment there is just a massive gap between DM and top 3, which is why we end up playing long balls all the time.

But if he didn't take the corners what does he create? If we had a game with 1-2 corners he's pretty much going to be doing **** all then? His Creativity from open play is non-existent.

AndyM3000 included examples from open play. However, creating opportunities from open play when your team is under defensive siege for 90 minutes is hard, unless you use the long ball.

AndyM3000 included examples from open play. However, creating opportunities from open play when your team is under defensive siege for 90 minutes is hard, unless you use the long ball.

Most of the time when he plays a long ball he in under no pressure at all. The Bradford game all he done was play long balls that didn't work, but still tried. We wasn't really under defensive siege in that game at all.

Edited by Daniel

I dont think Bannan has what it takes to be a top central midfielder but I think he can be a good LM. I always thought Bannan was a great crosser of the ball and since we have such a huge target in the middle, Bannan really should be whipping in crosses as often as possible. Problem is, bannan isn't that quite but then again he isn't the slowest player.

I dont think Bannan has what it takes to be a top central midfielder but I think he can be a good LM. I always thought Bannan was a great crosser of the ball and since we have such a huge target in the middle, Bannan really should be whipping in crosses as often as possible. Problem is, bannan isn't that quite but then again he isn't the slowest player.

To be fair, I think he does. He's played only 50% minutes available for him to play since the start of the season.

He's got 103 crosses from CM.

Lowton, an attacking wing back, has played almost every game, has 48 crosses. Only 8 accurate.

We need our best crosser

1. Playing every game - as many minutes as possible in every game

2. To get the ball as often as possible: CM. On one of the wings he would get fewer touches a game, be less influential, probably get fewer crosses.

Crossing accuracy is one stat that I've not tracked yet. It happens to be Bannan's best. Nobody gets close to him in the squad. Albrighton 10 in 44. N'Zog 5 in 28. Holman 8/33.

Bannan's crossing is Beckham-esque. Since he is best in the PL by a mile, that is no wild comparison.

It's a scandal Lambert has so under-used him. Really, speechless.

47% crossing accuracy(48/103).

If Barry Bannan just hits a hopeful ball into the box and Benteke through sheer strength and physical ability jumps and heads it. That would be an accurate cross for Bannan and improve his stats. But anyone watching would see that it was a nothing ball into the box which was won by our big attacker.

Comparing his crossing to beckham is laughable.

I assume you didnt see Bradford game when these 2 hit and hopes to Benteke he fluffed. was the same in Reading game he hit 3 or 4 great crosses which Baker adn Clark should have finished

I didn't say all of his crosses were useless.

I said comparing his crossing ability to beckham using those stats is laughable.

If Barry Bannan just hits a hopeful ball into the box and Benteke through sheer strength and physical ability jumps and heads it. That would be an accurate cross for Bannan and improve his stats. But anyone watching would see that it was a nothing ball into the box which was won by our big attacker.

Comparing his crossing to beckham is laughable.

Leighton Baines has Felliani.

Doesn't improve the stats of our other players, only Bannan. Someone has to find Benteke, means not over or under hitting the pass.