Barry Bannan

villianusa

I worry about Bannan's attitude tbh. I think he'll go the same way as Lee Hendrie while G. Gardner will have a Gareth Barry type career (I not Gardner isn't part of this drinking clique)

That was my thought too, Gardner strikes me as much more serious and focused.

I remember an alcohol that regularly pulled on the claret and blue jersey, he goes by the alias of GOD.

Anyway Stevens and Clark are Irish and it was St Paddy's day, and it was three days before the Bolton game. Some of you guys need to chill out. The manager has not mentioned it, they haven't been disciplined so obviously it was ok with the managment so whats the problem?

Bunch of lads go out on the lash, get pissed, end of story.

Saying Bannan won't make it because he likes the occasional beer is just simply laughable.

No one is saying they can't enjoy themselves. My point was that we had a game on Tuesday and Bannan and other first team squad players were out on the lash on the Friday night and seemingly all day Saturday. I don't know what other posters think but that is a bad attitude in my opinion. Delivering that extra few percent on match day could make all the difference. After all its hardly like we are breezing it in the PL. If they were out the night after the match, say after the Fulham game, I could not give a stuff.

Three subs set up and scored that goal. Three subs some would cast aside because they are young and like an occasional beer.

Bannan was so pissed he was chucking up everywhere in front of the punters and managed to be sick over someone's car in the carpark.

The very same players (Bannan, Weimann, Clark, Stevens, Lichaj) were in Molloy's bar in sutton all saturday.

I won't comment on how pissed they were... but they were there all afternoon, and were kicked out at 9.20. A few had gone by then but Bannan and Weimann were both still there.

@MMFy. Just before we get too carried away, a point of information is that Gary Gardner, one of the three subs who combined for our goal against Fulham, is not as far as I know implicated in these tales of drunkeness. I hope you will withdraw that allegation.

Secondly, if the behaviour described above is your idea of having an "occasional beer", I really really would not like to bump into you on a night when you were really on the lash. :winkold:

(Oh, and to those explaining this as natural St Patrick's day celebrations by lads brought up in Ireland, have a thnk about the nationality of Bannan and Weimann...)

Good player with great vision. I could see him being our Rosicky. He needs to fine tune his passing though. He sees the field so well but tries to do too much often. He needs to get a real run of games in his preferred position.

I find this 'drinking culture' amongst players who despite their sizeable wage packet haven't made. Is it any wonder Clark's recovery has taken longer than expected when he's out on the sauce. Without turning this into an anti-McLeish thing (Christ knows there's already enough of that on here), he's of the generation where post match recovery revolved around alcohol. Maybe we need a foreign manager with different objectives and practices to bring out the best in our youth, before they piss their talent away.

Bannan is not a great player. He’s a quite good player. Having watched him play as both a youth player and reserve player, I am not sure he has developed and mentally I am starting to wonder if he has it. Maybe MON was right?

O'Neill was right. He isn't good enough and his attitude and conduct certainly aren't.

4 academy lads out on st Paddys day having a harmless beer or three

Sack the manager

Laughable

Presumably Bannan had also been having a "harmless" beer or three when he crashed a car, under the influence of drink, at high speed, with no licence, on the M1 and ran away?

I really hope the club have made clear to him he is on notice to clean up the drinking act. If not I can see this ending badly.

He was out drinking. He wasn't driving aswell was he ?

He was doing both when he crashed his Range Rover when out with James Collins Junior and as Briny said he fled the scene.

No one's saying, least of all me, that young lads with a bit of fame and money in their pockets should not have a good time. Good luck to them but what it's all about is timing and being out on the piss in the week running up to arguably a must win game smacks of poor attitude and discipline.

People quote McGrath as an example but lets not kid ourselves that he was an exception to the exception. Football history is littered with good players who never fulfilled their potential through living the life a little too much.

Bannan has already messed up once, become the WMP 'face' of drink driving, apparently gets so drunk he is chucking over everything and then is out on the lash the following day. This from an expectant father who has not yet managed to command a regular starting place in the first team.

I rate Bannan as a player as I do Clark and Weimann and all three of them are on the cusp of succeeding. I don't know whether they will make it in the Premier League with Villa or anyone else but they are so very close. I'd just hate to see them blow their own futures and that of Villa.

To the guy who said the management must have been happy with them being out- do you really think they knew?

I've got no problem with them going out living it up in the summer, but during the season I think it's reasonable to expect them to live by a strict diet. They earn enough to compensate for missing out on a hangover/ embarrasment.

To the guy who said the management must have been happy with them being out- do you really think they knew?

I've got no problem with them going out living it up in the summer, but during the season I think it's reasonable to expect them to live by a strict diet. They earn enough to compensate for missing out on a hangover/ embarrasment.

Good player with great vision. I could see him being our Rosicky. He needs to fine tune his passing though. He sees the field so well but tries to do too much often. He needs to get a real run of games in his preferred position.

when you say fine tune his passing do you mean past it to a team mate instead of playing 60 yard Hollywood passes everytime to the opposing teams centre halves and gatekeeper?

I would say from what i have seen of him he isn't all that good and he will not play anywhere near to rosickys level

passes everytime to the opposing teams centre halves and gatekeeper?

theGatekeeper.jpg

Bannan again likened to Lee Hendrie when he would have been anywhere as near as good. I can't see Bannan getting 100 games for The Villa never mind over three hundred. He's a waster that much is obvious, of course Hendrie wasted his great talent but he had lots more of it!

I seem to remember there was a story that Bannan was warned about his drinking habits while on loan at Blackpool by Holloway.

I agree with the comment that they are paid enough to lay of the sauce during the season. When I used to compete (different sport) I used to have to go teetotal for periods of the year.