Barry Bannan

villianusa

What he did was a disgrace, but at the same time that suddenly doesn't make him a bad footballer like some are suggesting.

Who has suggested that drink driving now makes him a bad footballer?

Well, considering before this incident nobody said they thought he should be sold, now all of a sudden he's shit and half the forum hates him.

Stick him on the transfer list.

Over-rated, weak, no goals from open play, wins about 1 in 10 headers, luxury player who has disgraced the club!

Ridiculous, especially regarding the headers. His job isn't to win headers. With his height what do you expect? Bent doesn't win many headers either, but that doesn't make him a bad player.

Over-rated, weak, no goals from open play, wins about 1 in 10 headers, luxury player who has disgraced the club!

agreed, not good enough

Zzzzz, least Fonz will be new Drogba...

This lads been good, technically I don't think we have many if any better players than him. He's easily been in the better half of players for our side on the pitch when he's played. He's only started a handful of games in the Premier League full stop, the lad is still relatively inexperienced in the league. Do you see a couple of quiet performances then write him off?

His best position is advanced midfield, he could thrive if he played their more often imo.

Anyone got a link for his goal in reserves? Meant to be sublime.

am sure if we transfer listed him he would be snapped up by another Premier League club very soon and if a success then same people be blaming McLeish

no other prem club would come in for him imo

You just keep telling yourself that. :lol:

Joey Barton is a good footballer. Do I want him at Villa? Hell no.

Why not? Because of the type of person he is - nothing to do with his ability.

Bannan is in the same basket. The only thing going for him is that this is his first offense....

... and, now, his last chance. He's allowed to make a mistake - we've all made them - but he should not be allowed to make another of similar ilk without being shown the door.

Great prospect made a terrible mistake, disappointed the fans, needs to make up for it on the pitch and conduct off the pitch.

Agreed, young man from Glasgow has made a mistake. The courts will punish him as they see fitting.

As expected some posters take the moral high ground and call for him to be sacked, well people in glass houses comes to mind!

And also as expected the haters use this as an excuse to jump on the band waggon and have a go and call for him to be sacked, what comes to mind on them is not worth typing and being banned.

Let's see how the guy turns out, he is still fairly new to the first team and has only started a limited number of games but he seems to have a bit of a spark about him.

Is he an 'utter disgrace' no. Has he been a **** idiot, yes. Some people need to get over themselves!

agreed, not good enough

:lol:

If Bannan isn't a prime example of our fantastic youth academy I don't know who is

agreed, not good enough

:lol:

If Bannan isn't a prime example of our fantastic youth academy I don't know who is

Ethan Moore???

Delfoneso?????

Bannan is in the same basket. The only thing going for him is that this is his first offense....

... and, now, his last chance. He's allowed to make a mistake - we've all made them - but he should not be allowed to make another of similar ilk without being shown the door.

One drink driving offence does not put him in the same basket as Joey Barton.

One drink driving offence does not put him in the same basket as Joey Barton.

Agreed. He's made a really stupid mistake which he has been punished for and hopefully he realises what the consequences could have been; on the road and to his career. That's the end of it for me, everybody should have a second chance