Barry Bannan

villianusa

played well again today and deservedly in right midfield ahead of Albrighton due to his good work rate.

Also showed bottle taking the penalty and not sure if he grabbed the or some senior players didnt want responsibility

At first i thought he was a passenger in the first half and did nothing other than the freekick he took the penalty well in the 2nd half

After looking at the highlights again he was having to track back all the time as traore was on the overlap for the most of the game so couldnt really do much offensively he also had Hutton behind him who was a pile of shit and is suspect defensively definetly a weakspot in our team now id rather have Cuellar there or "Cough" Luke Young

Bannan had a great 2nd half today when we actually decided we could win the game and tried to attack. First signs this season of him fulfilling his undoubted potential. MOTM easily for me and must start next game maybe in the middle in place of Ireland or Delph.

What a lovely player wee Barry is. Could be a star if he can bulk up a little bit and improve some of his decision making - will come with experience.

A bit much to expect him to become a Silva or Mata but those are the players he should be studying and aspiring to.

Another match, another MOTM performance. Have the doubters who said we shouldn't be starting him finally been silenced?

Still plenty of work to do, especially in the composure department but definitely should be in the starting 11. Along with Bent and Given his name should be first on the team-sheet.

Still don't like him on the wing though. Most of his good play comes from in the hole (love those little lofted balls to Gabby).

Another match, another MOTM performance. Have the doubters who said we shouldn't be starting him finally been silenced?

Still plenty of work to do, especially in the composure department but definitely should be in the starting 11. Along with Bent and Given his name should be first on the team-sheet.

Still don't like him on the wing though. Most of his good play from in the hole (love those little lofted balls to Gabby).

I most definitely have!

I wasn't sure if he would be able to make it at this level due to his size but every time I see him he always manages to stand out.

He's had a good week... good in attack v Newcastle, decent v Bolton, laying into some haters on Twitter and a MOTM (for me) performance, everything he touched turned to gold yesterday, as good as Dunne was.

Buried his pen. Come on well this year.

His best position is undoubtedly in central midfield, but I dont think it's doing in any harm to be cutting his teeth on the wing in the mean time. At the moment, he actually offers our best option on the wing, so I think that should be his position for now, given the alternatives.

Sir Alex Ferguson is monitoring the progress of pint sized Aston Villa midfielder Barry Bannan with a view to a possible move for the determined youngster. The Man United boss has been impressed by the Scottish international’s performances this term and has assigned scouts to keep an eye on the 21 year old in the coming months.

Ferguson has adopted a policy of bringing in young talent to merge with those coming through Man United’s own academy system to help produce a new generation of players he will hope can help continue the club’s domestic dominance and help make the transition from his old guard to a new era as seamless as possible.

Over the past 18 months the Premier League champions have signed the likes of Javier Hernandez, David de Gea, Chris Smalling and Phil Jones and now the wily Scot has his eye on Aidrie born Bannan who moved to Villa Park as a 14 year old from Celtic.

After a couple of seasons plying his trade on loan at Derby County, Blackpool and Leeds United, Bannan has benefited from the appointment of Alex McLeish as Aston Villa boss with the former Rangers and Birmingham City boss showing faith in the fiery youngster this season.

Ferguson may feel he could do with the addition of the adaptable midfielder, not least as he could add further strength in depth and because a number of Man United’s options across the midfield are getting on in years. Michael Carrick, Ji Sung-Park and Ryan Giggs are all 30 years and over and it is believed that Darron Gibson is likely to leave Old Trafford in January.

Caught-offside

Can't be true, there are better players out there for United.

Back to yesterday's performance. I'd say it was encouraging. First half I'd go as far to say he was our worse player up until he had the free kick. Was taking too much time on the ball and getting dispossessed.

Second half, great link up play with Ireland, Gabby and Warnock plus a superb penalty. Deserves to keep his spot and if we start to use Ireland and Bannan well we might just be better to watch!

It was once said that red nose were after Steven Davis too. Prepared to pay some good money for him. Never happened. Then again, Bannan is way better than Davis IMO. Had a good 2nd half yesterday. Good penalty. Happy for him to score. I think he's meant to drift inside from the right wing and free up some space for Hutton there and be more creative in the centre. First half he didn't do that, didn't seem to dare, 2nd half he did. My guess is that AML told him in the half time.

My understanding is that Lerner's new strategy is for us to build a new, winning side through developing and promoting our youngsters. Selling Young (both of them), Brad F, Downing etc. I can handle...selling the Gardners, Bannans, Albrightons etc. would be a different prospect all together and raise serious doubts, for me, about Randy Lerner and his ability to lead our club to success.