Ban Bull Fighting?

maqroll

Ban Bull Fighting?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Ban Bull Fighting?

• Yes, Ban Bull Fighting
    • No, Keep Bull Fighting Legal

It looks like there could be a vote on this in Spain within the next year....

Some say it's cruel and barbaric and doesn't belong in a modern society, while others say it's art, tradition and culture...

If you had a vote, how would you vote?

Pfft, how can there be anything cruel or barbaric about the slow torturous death of an innocent animal for public entertainment?

No one minded when we did it to Jade Goody.

It's only in the Catalan region at the moment, but you know, I am all for a ban. It's archaic and cruel. Most spanish are now against it with only the older generation being in favour. Bit like burning witches, slavery, etc. It's not for the 21st century...

Pfft, how can there be anything cruel or barbaric about the slow torturous death of an innocent animal for public entertainment?

No one minded when we did it to Jade Goody.

:lol:

I minded. I couldn't turn on the TV or radio or open a paper or website without the daft bint being splashed all over it .... :winkold:

Ditto that narcissist Price.

Some say it's cruel and barbaric and doesn't belong in a modern society, while others say it's art, tradition and culture...

It can be both cruel and barbaric, whilst also being part of tradition and culture.

But at the end of the day, it's animal cruelty for sport/entertainment, and as such should be banned, IMO.

Im on the fence with it really. I dont agree with animal cruelty but for whatever reason have never had a problem with this whole bull fighting. We slaughter millions of animals each year for food and they live in cramped and often unsanitary condistions, cant walk are injection with all kinds of hormones and crap and alot of people turn a blind eye to it. Plus I am Canadian and we are pretty accepting of most whacky cultural things here. We dont always agree with it but we just accept them.

Should be 100% in favour of banning it

so shame on the 3 (so far) who voted No

Having read that I just voted no. :P

Seriously it's none of our business and certainly not our call to be dictating to the Spanish what they should and should not be doing. It's part of their culture and unless and until they decide it's wrong I'll not be moralising at them.

I get equally if not more disgusted by Japan and Norway slaughtering Whales but we don't go around lecturing them about it.

Seriously it's none of our business .

:?

The OP is asking how we would vote, if given the choice of banning it or not.

We're not actually deciding Spanish policy for them. :winkold:

Seriously it's none of our business .

:?

The OP is asking how we would vote, if given the choice of banning it or not.

We're not actually deciding Spanish policy for them. :winkold:

Yeah, ok.. :) If it was here I'd be dead against it, as it is what the Spanish want to do to bulls is entirely their own business imo.

Ban it, disgusting practice. I don't buy the "tradition" argument either as non-lethal bullfighting or Recortes has been practiced since the early 1800's. If I remember correctly, no physical harm actually comes to the bull, so why not just do that?

Â