Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like Young was!

He's not gone anywhere yet...

That is kinda the point, he meant Luke not Ashley I suspect.

Oh yeah - forgot about that dodged bullet. :D

Downing deal might not happen. I'm just passing on what I've heard. I would have thought there's a desire to push it through while you're without a manager.

For you maybe but why on earth would we go along with that??

You might not go along with it.

Hearing whispers that Downing's Liverpool move is getting closer...

When was Downing linked with Liverpool? :?

I don't see us letting Ash and Downing go.. It will be one of them and it's Ash imo.

Absolutely spot one. Young will go but I think Downing will be held to his contract. I have to say I get fed up of all this 'billy big bollocks' stuff about Liverpool in the media. I would agree Dalglish has done a good job but man for man that side is no better than Villa and has no more chance of playing CL football than we have next season. If you don't agree with that look at the competition.

Liverpool recently are just like Spurs in that they want to be linked with everyone and they shamelessly allow every single shred of information to be leaked to the media. I suggest they try putting their money where their mouths are.

I don't think might has anything to do with it. I don't think there is a chance we would sell while we have no manager in place.

If you say so.

That doesn't mean Liverpool won't test your resolve by lodging a serious offer in the meantime.

Just like Young was!

Downing deal might not happen. I'm just passing on what I've heard. I would have thought there's a desire to push it through while you're without a manager.

And exactly how do Liverpool 'push' a deal through for our player when we don't have a manager ?

That depends on your CEO, doesn't it? As long as you don't have a manager, that's one less person who might try to block any deal.

Yes, because we have a track record of selling players we want to keep to Liverpool. Our board have never been strong armed by other clubs, and with us practically powerless to keep Ashley Young I think selling Downing before we get a manager in is a long shot to say the least.

Next you'll be telling us you heard Downing to Liverpool for a fee of £12M.

Just like Young was!

And exactly how do Liverpool 'push' a deal through for our player when we don't have a manager ?

That depends on your CEO, doesn't it? As long as you don't have a manager, that's one less person who might try to block any deal.

Yes, because we have a track record of selling players we want to keep to Liverpool. Our board have never been strong armed by other clubs, and with us practically powerless to keep Ashley Young I think selling Downing before we get a manager in is a long shot to say the least.

Next you'll be telling us you heard Downing to Liverpool for a fee of £12M.

Spot on and well said mate!

I don't think might has anything to do with it. I don't think there is a chance we would sell while we have no manager in place.

If you say so.

That doesn't mean Liverpool won't test your resolve by lodging a serious offer in the meantime.

Test our resolve? With an offer around £4m above what we paid for him?

Ooohh Randy will really be tested by that tempting offer considering the backlash that would come from the fans for selling a player while we've no manager in place.

Sorry but get real.

You've tried to bully us in the market before with Barry and look how well that one worked out for you.

Liverpool recently are just like Spurs in that they want to be linked with everyone and they shamelessly allow every single shred of information to be leaked to the media. I suggest they try putting their money where their mouths are.

That's very presumptuous.

As a matter of fact, the new Liverpool policy is to report nothing until there is something to report but that won't stop agents leaking, journalists digging and other clubs briefing.

As a matter of fact, the new Liverpool policy is to report nothing until there is something to report but that won't stop agents leaking, journalists digging and other clubs briefing.

Not really. We've experienced such tactics from Liverpool previously when you tried to sign Barry and come to think about it I seem to recall reading quotes from Comoli talking about your interest in Ashley Young.

So no its not presumptuous actually.

So we sell Downing for a potential £4m profit? He is starting to make it regular in England side now.. you must be joking with an offer like that.. he has 2 years left on his contract.

We paid £8.75M for young (around that figure) and figures of £15m are flying around for him and he has one year left!

I hate this 'Liverplop are suddenly good again' shit. They arent. They still have Lucas and Konchesky. Downing may well go, and that is fine if he doesnt want to play for us, but for £16m? They must be having a laugh! Seems to me liverpool are adopting the scatter gun approach to transfers - bid for enough and you might actually sign one. Unless its the spurs approach - have a list of some of the best players, let the media know you have bid for them and your fans actually think you have money.

If you say so.

Test our resolve? With an offer around £4m above what we paid for him?

Ooohh Randy will really be tested by that tempting offer considering the backlash that would come from the fans for selling a player while we've no manager in place.

Sorry but get real.

You've tried to bully us in the market before with Barry and look how well that one worked out for you.

Why are you being so defensive? :D

All I'm saying is you can probably expect a sensible offer while there's no manager in place to block it.

That doesn't mean Lerner will accept it.

And that assumes I give a flying **** what Liverpool's policy is on anything.

Conversely you clearly put a lot of store on what is being said by agents and journalists as you started the debate on this thread.

But if Liverpool say nothing why did you bother to report the leaks and digging?

Not really. We've experienced such tactics from Liverpool previously when you tried to sign Barry and come to think about it I seem to recall reading quotes from Comoli talking about your interest in Ashley Young.

Like I said, it's the new policy.

All I'm saying is you can probably expect a sensible offer while there's no manager in place to block it.

Because I think your suggestion we will be tempted to flog an England international for a £4m profit while we have no manager in place is frankly stupid and insulting.

Like I said, it's the new policy.

Newpolicy = bollocks.

Same old plop, trying to throw their ever decreasing weight around. They are currently less appealing than spurs for mr young.

And that assumes I give a flying **** what Liverpool's policy is on anything.

Conversely you clearly put a lot of store on what is being said by agents and journalists as you started the debate on this thread.

But if Liverpool say nothing why did you bother to report the leaks and digging?

Well if you don't give a flying ****, I guess there's no point discussing it further.

Because I think your suggestion we will be tempted to flog an England international for a £4m profit while we have no manager in place is frankly stupid and insulting.

My suggestion?

Â