Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

Should have signed both ashley and downing on deals that say if a club offer X amount then they can go until then you stay. protects the club and we get back what we deserve

A buy out clause then?

The fact that a player can leave when out of contract means we get nothing back anyway.

There is also the small fact that a contract is only signed when both parties agree to it, and therefore, until you are personally involved, you won't know what the initial contract offered was. The player could have rejected and re-negotiated.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have signed both ashley and downing on deals that say if a club offer X amount then they can go until then you stay. protects the club and we get back what we deserve

A buy out clause then?

The fact that a player can leave when out of contract means we get nothing back anyway.

There is also the small fact that a contract is only signed when both parties agree to it, and therefore, until you are personally involved, you won't know what the initial contract offered was. The player could have rejected and re-negotiated.

Just means players like coker can not just leave for free because if we said to him sign a 2 year extension on your current deal and a club comes in offers x amount for you you can go otherwise if you dont want to sign your up for sale. because as soon as it goes past that point the power switches to the player.

Stewart Downing has a good season in a team that under achieved....all of a sudden he thinks he can play for a top 4 team. If I was Stewart Downing I would probably want to make a move. He knows he has had a good season but will find it harder next season without Young who in most games has two men marking him. He also probably knows he want have the luxury of Walker bombing past him, allowing him to cut inside. Without Young and Walker he is afraid of being found out for the player he is.

In his first season for us he was poor, but to be fair to him he was coming back from an injury. I would like to think that having paid £12 million for him whilst being injured he would show us a bit of loyalty. For me, Downing needs to stay and prove himself for at least another season but I honestly believe he is scared of being found out. He should look at Young who in his 4 years at Villa has given his all, but let himself down last season for probably trying to hard. Young will be sadly missed by the majority of Villa fans but i cannot blame him for wanting to move to a bigger club afterall he has earned his stripes, can the same be said of Mr Downing?

A buy out clause then?

Just means players like coker can not just leave for free because if we said to him sign a 2 year extension on your current deal and a club comes in offers x amount for you you can go otherwise if you dont want to sign your up for sale. because as soon as it goes past that point the power switches to the player.

Why would a player want to sign in that instance?

Players know the power they have, the timing of signing a contract is totally in their hands.

Neither Downing or Young in the England team which I find surprising....maybe Capello has decided they need bringing down a peg or two. Either that or he thinks their heads are not in the right frame of mind?

Neither Downing or Young in the England team which I find surprising....maybe Capello has decided they need bringing down a peg or two. Either that or he thinks their heads are not in the right frame of mind?

very surprising, but quite amusing

very surprising, but quite amusing

To be fair how can Milner be picked infront of either of tham having hardly kicked a ball for Man City....Walcott has he showed against us has been poor for most of the season...but maybe its because they don't play for a top 4 team.

I've had 25-1 on drawing at half time and England winning at 90 mins. With Milner and Walcott starting maybe i'm in with a shout after all

Not a bad shout mate but I think we will smash them 3/4-0 with DB9 scoring first.

Downing yet again stated today that he wants to play in the Champions League. We signed him for 4 years in 09 so he still has 2 more years with the club. I say don't sell him this season and if after next season he still wants to leave then we talk.

Downing yet again stated today that he wants to play in the Champions League. We signed him for 4 years in 09 so he still has 2 more years with the club. I say don't sell him this season and if after next season he still wants to leave then we talk.

I don't necessarily disagree but if we sell him with a year left on his contract we will get, at best, what we paid for him.

His U turn makes me want to throw up....sell him now £18m. Young is speaking to the Chairman so lets break our backs to keep him. 1 good season for Downing, he thinks he's something special, just get N'Zogbia and I'll be happy.

Sell them both, if they want to go, and spend the money on:

NZogbia ----- Milner ----- Shaquiri

All interchangeable and capable of being very fluid.

His U turn makes me want to throw up....sell him now £18m. Young is speaking to the Chairman so lets break our backs to keep him. 1 good season for Downing, he thinks he's something special, just get N'Zogbia and I'll be happy.

Sell them both, if they want to go, and spend the money on:

NZogbia ----- Milner ----- Shaquiri

All interchangeable and capable of being very fluid.

i'd imagine that shaqiri will go to a bigger club than us

Â