Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

All the criptic 'what does he mean when he says this that and the other' shit does my head in. Just say, I'm off if a bid comes in that's accepted and be done with it. I learned to accept that football players have no loyalty a long time ago, so just have some feckin balls, and be honest! I'd respect them a lot more if they did!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't blame Downing at all for what he's said, who here is naive enough to think he has a real affinity for Aston Villa? Unless we come out and show that ambition that he's been promised he'll be off and rightly so. It's over to the board.

Whats the fookin point then eh?? Trying to build a team here and as soon as they show a bit of form they want to leave?

Ill ask again...just what is the point? We may aswell just all pack up and go home!!

Don't blame Downing at all for what he's said, who here is naive enough to think he has a real affinity for Aston Villa? Unless we come out and show that ambition that he's been promised he'll be off and rightly so. It's over to the board.

Whats the fookin point then eh?? Trying to build a team here and as soon as they show a bit of form they want to leave?

Ill ask again...just what is the point? We may aswell just all pack up and go home!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of Premiership football...

Agent's and their 'lining their own pockets' agenda are to blame.... How can you govern them, they're a law unto themselves and have free reign to talk to clubs, sounding them out for potential (money making) deals??

The FA should scrap all players agents and have a pool of quailified contractual solicitors to negotiate contracts and renewals once two clubs agree a fee for a certain player.

Agents don't care about their clients or the clubs they play for - it's all about the money.

Instead of some turning their frustration on both Ashley and Downing, why not read whats said by them, and then read between the lines as to whats going on?

I mean, we have past history to go on aswell, when you consider the Barry and Milner episodes.

Simple fact is, they want to win things, and when theyve met the Villa Hierachy to see if there is chance of doing it at Villa, they've been given little indication of it happening anytime soon.

Whether that is because we dont want to do that because we see Villa as a buisiness, rather than a Football club, or we simply cant afford it, or even a combination of the both, the fact remains that our top players dont see us competing anywhere near to where they wish!

What would you do?

Stop at a club thats stuck with the also rans, or jion someone whom is going to deliver some winners medals?

Clue to this, is Downing mentioning that his agent has asked him to hold off signing any contract, after a meeting with Faulkner. We know Downings stated ambition, but whats Faulkners and Randies???

The point is that if we're going to buy players that have the potential to play among the best in the world i.e the Champions League we have to at least look like we're going to get there. At the moment we don't. It's also been rosy when MON was in charge because as in the words of the man himself 'that is the dream', and they bought into that dream.

Until we get ourselves rid of this Houllier farce, along with a new communicated plan in place - the choice of manager may eliminate the need for that though - we can look to push on again. Players like Ashley Young, their time has gone. Compare it to someone who has died - you wish you'd done more, you wish they were still there, there's nothing you can do, forget about it. Stewart Downing may not be a lost cause, he said himself in that interview that the club have promised to improve and mentioned getting to the top level with (let's not forget that either) or without Villa. Seems fair enough to me. Like I said, it's over to the board. One thing is for sure though, Stewart bleedin'Downing is not to be-all or end-all of this football club.

Well maybe Downing should have waited before saying he was happy. And all this comes either side of a meeting with Liverpool reps.. seriously??

The person in question told me Downings agent was told about Liverpools interest through Gerrard and then a meeting took place.

Instead of some turning their frustration on both Ashley and Downing, why not read whats said by them, and then read between the lines as to whats going on?

I mean, we have past history to go on aswell, when you consider the Barry and Milner episodes.

Simple fact is, they want to win things, and when theyve met the Villa Hierachy to see if there is chance of doing it at Villa, they've been given little indication of it happening anytime soon.

Whether that is because we dont want to do that because we see Villa as a buisiness, rather than a Football club, or we simply cant afford it, or even a combination of the both, the fact remains that our top players dont see us competing anywhere near to where they wish!

What would you do?

Stop at a club thats stuck with the also rans, or jion someone whom is going to deliver some winners medals?

Clue to this, is Downing mentioning that his agent has asked him to hold off signing any contract, after a meeting with Faulkner. We know Downings stated ambition, but whats Faulkners and Randies???

To turn this around what would you have Randy do? Man City spent how much, £350,000,000 to finish top 4 and win the FA Cup. Maybe Randy doesn't have that sort of money to spend. It's not as if he's been tight with the cash in the past. You and I are not prepared to spend £1000 on season tickets and the club just doesn't generate the sort of commercial business that the big London clubs do. In the absence of a multi billionaire who wants to take over - and they appear to be a bit thin on the ground at the moment - there isn't a great deal that can be done.

I agree with you that there is a risk that we will continue to lose our best players but I don't blame the board. There's only so much they can be realistically expected to do to compete with clubs that generate so much more money. As some else said welcome to the Premier League in 2011!

Well maybe Downing should have waited before saying he was happy. And all this comes either side of a meeting with Liverpool reps.. seriously??

The person in question told me Downings agent was told about Liverpools interest through Gerrard and then a meeting took place.

But Downing has said he IS happy at Villa, he just want to be able to win things!!!

If we get the next managerial appointment right, with an early big money dip into the market, who knows what Downing will do!

I also guess the last 12 monthes at Villa would have anyone tearing thier hair out, and feeling itchy to get out of the place. :lol:

But Downing has said he IS happy at Villa, he just want to be able to win things!!!

If we get the next managerial appointment right, with an early big money dip into the market, who knows what Downing will do!

I also guess the last 12 monthes at Villa would have anyone tearing thier hair out, and feeling itchy to get out of the place. :lol:

Agreed, the more and more I think about this, I get the feeling that Downing is trying to give the board a kick up the ass.

Either buy players that will challenge for Europe, or be ready to sell the players good enough for it.

Get a good manager, back him, get some good players; and our best players will stay.

But like he said he was happy to stay whether we got relegated or not and this was when we were in with a chance of being relegated. Yet we go up to 9th and he wants out? **** retard!

To turn this around what would you have Randy do? Man City spent how much, £350,000,000 to finish top 4 and win the FA Cup. Maybe Randy doesn't have that sort of money to spend. It's not as if he's been tight with the cash in the past. You and I are not prepared to spend £1000 on season tickets and the club just doesn't generate the sort of commercial business that the big London clubs do. In the absence of a multi billionaire who wants to take over - and they appear to be a bit thin on the ground at the moment - there isn't a great deal that can be done.

I agree with you that there is a risk that we will continue to lose our best players but I don't blame the board. There's only so much they can be realistically expected to do to compete with clubs that generate so much more money. As some else said welcome to the Premier League in 2011!

Your saying exactly what im trying to say 8)

Sooner or later, we are all going to have to realise that we are not going to compete at the top of this league, unless we have silly money to burn.

We dont, so we will always loose our best players to those that have that silly money to burn, and they are the ones winning all the trophies.

Only way for Randy to compete, would be to find another outside investor, or sell up.

Either that, or somebody in Football starts to realise that this game is dying on its feet if they dont change how clubs operate.

GET RID OF THE FUC.... CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AND GO BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS IS WHAT SHOULD BE DONE!!!!!

That will give Blatter and his morons, Kittens :lol:

I know but CL is killing football - fast. It has created what it was designed to prevent - a European superleague! Taking focus from the national leagues!

I don't want to take away the Campions Cup, but the League! And I don't want 4 teams from England in it or any other country for that matter. Max two teams from each country or even better only the Champions and then 2-3 teams in a European cup and a Cup winners cup - all with only knock out games.

I rather enjoy the Champions league.

Cracking final this year!

Why would you want to take that away?

To even the playing field for other clubs to be able to compete and not create an untouchable elite.

I rather enjoy the Champions league.

Cracking final this year!

Why would you want to take that away?

That is the problem, I think it could benefit Villa, changing it or whatever needs to be done ...but it's so good to watch. So many great games in the knock out stages. They'd be all gone. Wouldn't get to see Spurs shafted by Real or Barca/Arsenal spectacles and of course the final etc.. :(

Â