Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

Shaqiri* and that was some time back, I doubt they are interested in him now..

I think if we enquired and bidded on him we can get him personally, if you don't ask .. you don't get.. I also think he'd want to play in the premier league.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His U turn makes me want to throw up....sell him now £18m. Young is speaking to the Chairman so lets break our backs to keep him. 1 good season for Downing, he thinks he's something special, just get N'Zogbia and I'll be happy.

Sell them both, if they want to go, and spend the money on:

NZogbia ----- Milner ----- Shaquiri

All interchangeable and capable of being very fluid.

i'd imagine that shaqiri will go to a bigger club than us

Football_Agent9 Football Agent

Manchester United are keen on £10m-rated Basle and Switzerland teenager Xherdan Shaqiri. #MUFC #Rumour

So he's still beating the same want to play in champions league (leave) drum?

Damn, it cuts deep man, I don't want us to part with Downing hes too valuable to us right now. Manager must make him see out 1 more year of his 2 year contract, I'm willing to put whatever he throws at us aside as long as he puts in the performances which I think he will.

Should have signed both ashley and downing on deals that say if a club offer X amount then they can go until then you stay. protects the club and we get back what we deserve

A buy out clause then?

The fact that a player can leave when out of contract means we get nothing back anyway.

There is also the small fact that a contract is only signed when both parties agree to it, and therefore, until you are personally involved, you won't know what the initial contract offered was. The player could have rejected and re-negotiated.

Just means players like coker can not just leave for free because if we said to him sign a 2 year extension on your current deal and a club comes in offers x amount for you you can go otherwise if you dont want to sign your up for sale. because as soon as it goes past that point the power switches to the player.

Why would a player want to sign in that instance?

Players know the power they have, the timing of signing a contract is totally in their hands.

in that case if i player doesnt want to sign you put him up for sale otherwise they will run their contract down and go for free

Just like Young was!

He's not gone anywhere yet...

That is kinda the point, he meant Luke not Ashley I suspect.

Oh yeah - forgot about that dodged bullet. :D

Downing deal might not happen. I'm just passing on what I've heard. I would have thought there's a desire to push it through while you're without a manager.

Just like Young was!

Downing deal might not happen. I'm just passing on what I've heard. I would have thought there's a desire to push it through while you're without a manager.

And exactly how do Liverpool 'push' a deal through for our player when we don't have a manager ?

Trent meant Ashley as Redman was on about him before that he was more likely to go to Liverpool as their Tony Barrett Times never gets it wrong.

Barrett (and others) reported that Liverpool were confident about signing Young. I don't doubt that was true at the time it was reported.

I read further into it and took it to mean the confidence was because the deal was as good as done.

It's possible I got it wrong though.

Just like Young was!

For you maybe but why on earth would we go along with that??

Hearing whispers that Downing's Liverpool move is getting closer...

And your source is........?

Just like Young was!

And exactly how do Liverpool 'push' a deal through for our player when we don't have a manager ?

That depends on your CEO, doesn't it? As long as you don't have a manager, that's one less person who might try to block any deal.

Â