Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

When Carlo comes in Downing will be begging to sign a new contract,and i hope he does but he is still a spunk-bubble for his change of face in the last week. When he signed he had a broken ankle and missed 6 months and was then a complete waste of space,now he has had a good season he thinks he is a world beater and everyone will be flocking to sign him. Liverpool arnt in Europe and Arsenal have to qualify first apart from that no one else is going to take him. The bloke is deluded and thinks he is better than he is.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redman, Liverpool have not found a 'window of opportunity', you have a **** brick wall of opportunity. Don't try to make out it is anything different to that.

I don't know why this is so difficult to understand.

Your new manager might insist no players are sold or he might sit down with Downing and sell him his vision.

So if Liverpool (or any other club) is interested in Downing (or any other player), why wait to make an offer?

That isn't to say any offer will be welcomed or accepted.

Others have told you that we almost certainly won't be accepting bids for players without a manager. Therefore, how the hell is it a 'window of opportunity' if there's a 0% of us selling him now as opposed to when we have a manager, where it might be higher?

Whatever happens this week I hope we either sell the prick or let him rot in the reserves.

All this talk about Ancelotti has made many Villa fans actually wake up and realise that this Club can compete with the best in English football once again, and we don't need rats like Downing in our ranks. Get rid!

Redman, Liverpool have not found a 'window of opportunity', you have a **** brick wall of opportunity. Don't try to make out it is anything different to that.

Your new manager might insist no players are sold or he might sit down with Downing and sell him his vision.

So if Liverpool (or any other club) is interested in Downing (or any other player), why wait to make an offer?

Others have told you that we almost certainly won't be accepting bids for players without a manager. Therefore, how the hell is it a 'window of opportunity' if there's a 0% of us selling him now as opposed to when we have a manager, where it might be higher?

Because often, the transition period between managers does open a window of opportunity to raid clubs. Look how Frank Arnesen is helping himself to Chelsea players, for example.

Villa may well have a policy of not doing business without a manager but does that mean clubs shouldn't test that policy by making offers anyway?

Because often, the transition period between managers does open a window of opportunity to raid clubs. Look how Frank Arnesen is helping himself to Chelsea players, for example.

Villa may well have a policy of not doing business without a manager but does that mean clubs shouldn't test that policy by making offers anyway?

A club selling cast off's and a club selling their best players is a little different.

A club selling cast off's and a club selling their best players is a little different.

But the point stands, doesn't it? Some managers have veto power over transfers, some players are unsettled during transition periods and some CEOs even welcome the chance to do business when there's nobody there to oppose it.

None of the above may apply to Villa but there's only one way a club will find out.

Why is there all this talk about Downing leaving. I'm 100% sure he won't leave as Ash will leave. Why would we sell our 2 best players in the same transfer window? We have practically no choice with Young but with Downing we can say yes or no.

If the reports are true that Liverpool have bid £16 million, then I can guarantee that it will get rejected. If clubs want to get AVFC's best players, they will have to pay a lot of money for them. As shown with Barry (considering he had 1 year left), Milner and probably Young.

This is the last time I'll try to reason with you before I give up.

This is ALL I'm saying:

Club A has no manager (i.e. somebody with 100% interest in team building and 0% interest in business deals) and a player refusing to sign a contract extension.

Club B senses a window of opportunity to do business, makes an offer.

That's it. No prejudice, no presumption, no arrogance.

Window of opportunity?????

By all means stop trying to reason with me because your reasoning is **** flawed.

We told you were to stick your window of opportunity once with Barry and I'm certain that while we have no manager in place we will do so again.

You talk as if you are the only club that would be interested in Downing yet as you found out with Young its rarely the case.

You though you held all the aces with Barry but you didn't did you and you didn't get your way then either.

I'm not saying we won't sell Downing this summer or that we won't sell him to you but we won't sell him to you while we have no manager.

As for the price I'm sure many Liverpool fans think £16m for Downing is a fair price perhaps it is in terms of his ability or worth to you. The value of a player though is dictated primarily by the selling club not the buying club and it is then up to the buying club if they wish to meet it or not, obviously with a degree of negotiation.

What a player is worth to one club in a deal is rarely the same as to the other. To Liverpool Downing may not be worth more than £16m, in comparison to player from abroad he probably isn't but then you never know when you go shopping abroad do you as you should recall from your eventual replacement for Alonse who is currently back in Italy on loan.

I'll refer you to the first line of my previous post.

And I will refer you the second line of my previous post.

This is the last time I'll try to reason with you before I give up.

This is ALL I'm saying:

Club A has no manager (i.e. somebody with 100% interest in team building and 0% interest in business deals) and a player refusing to sign a contract extension.

Club B senses a window of opportunity to do business, makes an offer.

That's it. No prejudice, no presumption, no arrogance.

Window of opportunity?????

By all means stop trying to reason with me because your reasoning is **** flawed.

We told you were to stick your window of opportunity once with Barry and I'm certain that while we have no manager in place we will do so again.

You talk as if you are the only club that would be interested in Downing yet as you found out with Young its rarely the case.

You though you held all the aces with Barry but you didn't did you and you didn't get your way then either.

I'm not saying we won't sell Downing this summer or that we won't sell him to you but we won't sell him to you while we have no manager.

As for the price I'm sure many Liverpool fans think £16m for Downing is a fair price perhaps it is in terms of his ability or worth to you. The value of a player though is dictated primarily by the selling club not the buying club and it is then up to the buying club if they wish to meet it or not, obviously with a degree of negotiation.

What a player is worth to one club in a deal is rarely the same as to the other. To Liverpool Downing may not be worth more than £16m, in comparison to player from abroad he probably isn't but then you never know when you go shopping abroad do you as you should recall from your eventual replacement for Alonse who is currently back in Italy on loan.

I'll refer you to the first line of my previous post.

And I will refer you the second line of my previous post.

You're incapable of being objective. That's fine. If I could make it any more simple to understand, I would. Sorry I can't assist further.

You're incapable of being objective. That's fine. If I could make it any more simple to understand, I would. Sorry I can't assist further.

Oh boy where do I start.

First I guess I should say I see you didn't actually mean your previous posts when you said you weren't going to continue to 'reason' with me. Sadly. Although it appears your definition of reasoning is that you come on here, tell us your thoughts and we should just agree.

Next I suggest you purchase a dictionary and you take a little time to look up the meaning of the word 'objective'. I'm perfectly capable of being objective which is why I've said Downing may well leave and that he may well leave to join you.

What I'm disputing is your frankly daft claim that we may see some form of opportunity in selling him at a time we have no manager and that an offer of £4m above what we paid for the player will be enough to tempt us. This despite the fact he has 2 years remaining on his contract.

No lack of objectivity there. What I'm perhaps lacking is the pair of rather large blinkers you appear to be wearing that make you think its still the 1980's and that Liverpool are the biggest game in town, well it ain't the 80's are you aren't. Further you have previously tried to bully us in to flogging you Barry and you were sent packing yet you are now trying to suggest you might in some way pressure us into taking your offer for Downing while it remains on the table.

And you want to try and lecture me about objectivity?

Believe me there is nothing hard to understand in what you have posted, I need no help understanding it. I understand it perfectly well which is why I'm responding to it and being critical of your underlying belief that we might actually be willing to entertain this offer.

Sure Liverpool are free to bid for whoever they want and had you come on here and talked about that I wouldn't have had a problem with it. What I have a problem with is this talk of window of opportunity and trying to push a deal through as if Villa are but bystanders or a club that will be pushed around by Liverpool when we have already proven we won't.

Now I'm not sure I could make that any more simple to understand for you, so I don't think I need tell you what you can do with your offer of help.

Oh boy where do I start.

First I guess I should say I see you didn't actually mean your previous posts when you said you weren't going to continue to 'reason' with me. Sadly.

Next I suggest you purchase a dictionary and you take a little time to look up the meaning of the word 'objective'. I'm perfectly capable of being objective which is why I've said Downing may well leave and that he may well leave to join you.

What I'm disputing is your frankly daft claim that we may see some form of opportunity in selling him at a time we have no manager and that an offer of £4m above what we paid for the player will be enough to tempt us. This despite the fact he has 2 years remaining on his contract.

No lack of objectivity there. What I'm perhaps lacking is the pair of rather large blinkers you appear to be wearing that make you think its still the 1980's and that Liverpool are the biggest game in town, well it ain't the 80's are you aren't. Further you have previously tried to bully us in to flogging you Barry and you were sent packing yet you are now trying to suggest you might in some way pressure us into taking your offer for Downing while it remains on the table.

Believe me there is nothing hard to understand in what you have posted, I need no help understanding it. I understand it perfectly well which is why I'm responding to it and being critical of your underlying belief that we might actually be willing to entertain this offer.

Sure Liverpool are free to bid for whoever they want and had you come on here and talked about that I wouldn't have had a problem with it. What I have a problem with is this talk of window of opportunity and trying to push a deal through as if Villa are but bystanders or a club that will be pushed around by Liverpool when we have already proven we won't.

Now I'm not sure I could make that any more simple to understand for you, so I don't think I need tell you what you can do with your offer of help.

Mate, you're arguing with yourself. Very little of anything you just posted has anything to do with me. You really are struggling here.

Forget Aston Villa and Liverpool. Think Club A and Club B. Be objective. Just try.

Club A has no manager and a player refusing to sign a new contract. Do you not understand how Club B could sense an opportunity there?

If there isn't one, then there isn't one. But there's only one way Club B will find out, isn't there?

Now just get your head around that very basic logic and leave me alone will you. :D

Nasri goes to Man Utd...Downing replaces him at Arsenal.

:|

Nasri goes to Utd seems very likely but I just don't see Downing fitting in at Arsenal, doesn't seem like their type of player.

Ha, Downings had a good season, but I'd feel almost as sorry for the Arse fans as I would for us if this was the case.

Nasri goes to Utd seems very likely but I just don't see Downing fitting in at Arsenal, doesn't seem like their type of player.

Disagree mate, i think he is actually very similar to Nasri, just a bit shitter! :)

Oh boy where do I start.

First I guess I should say I see you didn't actually mean your previous posts when you said you weren't going to continue to 'reason' with me. Sadly.

Mate, you're arguing with yourself. Very little of anything you just posted has anything to do with me. You are really are struggling here.

Forget Aston Villa and Liverpool. Think Club A and Club B. Be objective. Just try.

Club A has no manager and a player refusing to sign a new contract. Do you not understand how Club B could sense an opportunity there?

If there isn't one, then there isn't one. But there's only one way Club B will find out, isn't there?

Now just get your head around that very basic logic and leave me alone will you. :D

Downing isn't refusing to sign a contract though. He's simply waiting to see how things unfold regarding the manager situation. Then he'll sit down with him and make a decision then.

Oh boy where do I start.

Mate, you're arguing with yourself. Very little of anything you just posted has anything to do with me. You are really are struggling here.

Downing isn't refusing to sign a contract though. He's simply waiting to see how things unfold regarding the manager situation. Then he'll sit down with him and make a decision then.

In that case, even more reason why clubs might try and take advantage now while there's no manager and while he's unsettled.

Clubs can try, but the board won't allow any clubs to talk to DJ whilst we don't have a man at the helm, so it's pointless arguing about it.

It's still worthwhile for clubs to make an offer now while he's unsettled.

They want to make it as hard as possible for the new manager to persuade him to stay.

Â