Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

I personally think Lennon is a fast headless chicken. He normally whacks the ball into Crouch.

Isn't that just about the entirety of Spurs' tactical approach anyway? Lennon or Bale runnnnn -> whack it to Crouch at the far post -> knock down to VDV, Defoe, or Modric. Not saying it isn't effective, mind, because it is, often incredibly so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have to keep Stewart Downing.

We have the makings of a good squad IMO, depsite our league position. We need to replace Young with someone more suited to playing 'his' position, and make some heavy maintenance to the defence and possibly replace Petrov/Reo-Coker (not with Bradley). And Friedel. And the manager.

Actually we have quite a lot to do then, but I still think our squad is decent. Let's not add replacing our best performer (again) to that list.

If Downing wants out then it's just another case of no loyalty in the modern day footballer. We paid alot of money to take him from Middlesbrough even though we knew he'd be injured for half a season! It really wouldn't surprise me if it's true and we lose both Downing and Ash in the summer!

I won't reveal who the world class player is, but you will have to wait and see. Hopefully the 19th march will show a glimpse of the man. Theres a clue, it's definitely a male. I agree, take away the pace of Lennon, and the way he knocks the ball past a defender, you got nout. His crossing is poor. Downing is way better than him.

I can't wait till we win. :)

so i guess this player that you couldnt mention didnt turn up on saturday, and is why we were absolutely gash, so come on then who is this mystery WC player, we waited and now its time for you to tell.

i guess you won't as it seems like another attention seeking Wh#re to me :D

Lennon is shit compared to Downing. In fact I wouldn't swap Lennon for any of our three wingers. Albrighton could arguably go into most PL sides.

Cant see how anybody can argue with this.

Downing oozes class, and has got better and better as the season progresses. My Villa Player of the season by a country mile, and that besides him being a pussy 8) :lol:

Albrighton has waned a little, but he got injured and its hard to hit the heights he was playing at before then. Man United at home showed how good this lad will be, and definately my young player of the year.

Ashley vs Lennon? Lol, lets not even go there! :lol:

All three are far better footballers, and all three are a class above Lennon. Take Lennons pace away, and what have you got??

In fact, he makes so many bad decisions once hes past the defender, its unreal. Compare that to our three :winkold:

I'd have Lennon above Albrighton and Young at the moment. Not Downing though.

• 2 weeks later...
Well the good news is he has done the oposite, staying no matter what apparently.

What a fantastic professional Downing is.

First of all he is asked to play on the right by Houllier. Has he moaned? No he has adapted.

I thought he was brilliant yesterday.

He has come out in support of the manager when all around him have been blaming any body but themselves.

For example, is the fact that we have conceded so many goals from set pieces Houllier's fault or just poor defending from international players?

Â