Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

Good riddence.

I said in the "Underrated/Overrated" thread that I don't think he's all that anyway. Had a very good season and stood out due to consistency among the inconsistent.

Got all barry-big-bollocks, fook offski. 20 million squidlies, thank you very much.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know how much wages they are paying him....?
With the money they're throwing around probably something ridiculous like £100k p/w.

lol, probably

they've spent like 70-80 million on carroll, downing, henderson and adam. thats just crazy considering the ability of the players they have bought.

With the money they're throwing around probably something ridiculous like £100k p/w.

lol, probably

they've spent like 70-80 million on carroll, downing, henderson and adam. thats just crazy considering the ability of the players they have bought.

I know I wander How they will get around the UEFA financial fair play rule...?

This a good point. I was listening to fat Micky Quinn purring this morning over his preferred starting eleven for Liverpool and it sounded shit. Liverpool have badly overpaid and are trying to pretend they're Man City. Henderson £20mill, go on, pinch yourself. **** ridiculous. They do actually know that Downing can't tackle or trackj back don't they?

This a good point. I was listening to fat Micky Quinn purring this morning over his preferred starting eleven for Liverpool and it sounded shit. Liverpool have badly overpaid and are trying to pretend they're Man City. Henderson £20mill, go on, pinch yourself. **** ridiculous. They do actually know that Downing can't tackle or trackj back don't they?

Shit, Downing can't tackle? that vital part of being a winger? They will be gutted. In fact, that's the reason they bought Downing, because they thought he had world class tackling ability....

:shock:

If anyone cares Downing passed his medical and agreed terms at Melwood this afternoon and will be presented to the cameras tomorrow. Dunno why this hasn't been announced in the press yet though. No-ones 100% sure on wages but best info I can get suggests its around £75,000 per week plus bonuses based on individual and team targets.

Let me tell you all - the fee is not the reported £20m - it was villa who contacted liverpool to revive the deal - the fee is £16m with add ons - highly unlikley we will ever get the full £20m.

Paul Faulkner has also vetoed any move for Scott Parker. - and generally is having the final say on transfer fees and wages.

This almost from the Horses mouth.

They must have at least 7 or 8 players on over or around 100k per week. Even the useless Jovanovic is on £ 120k per week. How do they afford it?

Let me tell you all - the fee is not the reported £20m - it was villa who contacted liverpool to revive the deal - the fee is £16m with add ons - highly unlikley we will ever get the full £20m.

Paul Faulkner has also vetoed any move for Scott Parker. - and generally is having the final say on transfer fees and wages.

Which horse? Someone from inside the club or just an ITK-er?

I don't think McLeish would have come to the club if he knew the owner would interfere in transfers and wages, having just jumped from that situation at Blues.

He will get the Downing money to spend but nothing else in my opinion. I still think the only 3 we will see come in this season is N'Zog, Parker and Given.

It all appears to me that Lerner is scaling back his investment to sell. I don't think he can honestly afford to back us to the tune that is needed to achieve anything.

Which horse? Someone from inside the club or just an ITK-er?

I don't think McLeish would have come to the club if he knew the owner would interfere in transfers and wages, having just jumped from that situation at Blues.

He will get the Downing money to spend but nothing else in my opinion. I still think the only 3 we will see come in this season is N'Zog, Parker and Given.

It all appears to me that Lerner is scaling back his investment to sell. I don't think he can honestly afford to back us to the tune that is needed to achieve anything.

Someone close to AM.

They must have at least 7 or 8 players on over or around 100k per week. Even the useless Jovanovic is on £ 120k per week.

How do they afford it?

They can easily afford it.

The last accounts (09/10) Villa's revenue was £90mill, Liverpool's revenue was £185m. and thats before Liverpool's £20mill a year shirt sponsorship deal started.

They could pay every player double what Villa pay, and still easily break-even.

Â