Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll see. This might be a bad thing for us, but it might be just that he wants to wait and see what happens with a possible new manager and new players now that Young seems to leave. Maybe he wants GH to stay. Wonder if that would change peoples minds.

He can F**k right off with that attitude!...Having ambition is fine but trying to mess our club around is not!!

why not sign another deal? A champions league club can still come in and buy him if they want but it ensures we get decent money for him... selfish, ungrateful player!

One decent season and he thinks he's the sh*t... how about you try and get the your club with into the champions league! you might then actually deserve it!

Would not be sad to see him go IF the money (and some on top) is reinvested in quality players under the correct manager.

This sort of thing was always going to happen to a side which suggested ambition, but did not deliver.

The better players will want to move on unless we can show we're going to compete with the big boys ....

And again, Downing's been here for two years. AVFC has been here for 127 years. We've lost better players than Downing and survived. Though, it does no good to our hopes of the CL and/or some cup titles if he leaves.

He can F**k right off with that attitude!...Having ambition is fine but trying to mess our club around is not!!

why not sign another deal? A champions league club can still come in and buy him if they want but it ensures we get decent money for him... selfish, ungrateful player!

One decent season and he thinks he's the sh*t... how about you try and get the your club with into the champions league! you might then actually deserve it!

"Welcome to the layer cake son."

I have no problem selling to a club in the CL, which is what SD is suggesting he is after. But come off it, it's obvious he will end up at Liverpool because they couldn't get A. Young.

Barry, Milner & soon to be Downing will all have left us quoting the bullshit excuse about wanting to play for a team in the CL, then signing for a team not actually in the CL.

It's the same old shit from different players.

We better put a £15m+ price on him cos there's no way we should not make a profit on our player of the year.

We are a feeder club to the top 4/5. The sooner you accept it, the easier it is.

Then we will always stay 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, which is the frustrating part. I don't want to accept that part.

The problem is near impossible to break the top 4 and getting harder every season.

The more a team stays up, the more money they have the easier it is to pick the best players. Is that the fault of AVFC? The board?

Its just facts, We wont win the league again, players want to win so will go to the clubs that give them a chance of doing it.

We are a feeder club to the top 4/5. The sooner you accept it, the easier it is.

Then we will always stay 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, which is the frustrating part. I don't want to accept that part.

But thats the fact mate. I support Villa wheteher we win or lose.

Not being happy unless we win the league or whatever is glory hunting. You picked the wrong club in that case...

this is why i dont go to VP anymore, im not going to help fund greedy footballers wages for them to **** off at the first opportunity to another club, i barely even feel emotionally attached to villa anymore, its just a hobby for me now.

this is why i dont go to VP anymore, im not going to help fund greedy footballers wages for them to **** off at the first opportunity to another club, i barely even feel emotionally attached to villa anymore, its just a hobby for me now.

You should've picked Man U.

I know I should be angry like some of you...

But I don't blame him, and I don't really see what he's doing wrong...

Right now, we're in an odd place, many have feared the continual reign of GH will result in the end of the world. We're possibly about to loss our manager, the defence is ruining our games in which Downing has been sensational. It must be very frustrating.

He has 2 years on his contract, relatively that's quite a lot in footballing terms.

When stability returns to the club, stability will return with the players.

We're frustrated with what's happening and we're the fans... imagine being employed by this unstable environment.

Keep the faith... :)

Would you sign a contract extension without knowing who the manager was going to be or how we were going to replace Ashley Young?

Exactlt, if people read the statment he made a few weeks ago its no different. He's waiting to see who we buy before comitting the better years of his career to us. Whats so bad about that?!

And again, Downing's been here for two years. AVFC has been here for 127 years. We've lost better players than Downing and survived. Though, it does no good to our hopes of the CL and/or some cup titles if he leaves.

Indeed no player is bigger than the club. However in this strong league, losing our best players constantly does no good for our chances at competing. Being 25 I've only really known the Villa do this, down and up, halt, down and up, halt, down in the premier league. Fingers crossed though we can still keep hold of one of the two players, Downing preferably.

Life's a bitch and the truth hurts but that is what we are. Like Ginge, i will support Villa through thick and thin, but if its Champians League finals and Premier League titles you want in the next 10 years your supporting the wrong team mate.

Would you sign a contract extension without knowing who the manager was going to be or how we were going to replace Ashley Young?

There's a bit of this and a lot of Darren's on 75K a week so I want 75K a week. Trust me their ego's know no boundaries.

Â