The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Whos SGC......if its Sid, it does,nt sound like the Sid i know tbh.

No, it's a poster on here, sir_gary_cahill.

He's an absolute mental case. Ignore everything he says.

But thankfully the new head of youth development at AstonVilla :lol:

hmm really confused at the moment... so your saying SGC is the new head of youth development or what?? lol, :s and for the post earlier no we are not from killkenny. Dublin,Kerry and Galway grandparents are from.

hmm really confused at the moment... so your saying SGC is the new head of youth development or what?? lol, :s and for the post earlier no we are not from killkenny. Dublin,Kerry and Galway grandparents are from.

they're joking about me mate, quite tiresome really

Sorry, I got the players mixed up. God I hope the lad doesn't have a bad patch of form at some stage, SGC will be here to rip him to shreds I'm sure.

I'm sure the kids dont see messages on these boards to be honest but I would feel sorry for the younger lads that get slated. One thing they need to remember is that the ones that stand out now may not be the ones that stand out in a few years time. It would be a shame if the likes of Drennan were put off by reading stupid posts on a board (for instance if Grealish hears something good about him on here through Kevan and is happy about it, the other players may want to see what is thought of them!).

As good as say Grealish is now or Gardner is now, if they work hard enough theres no reason why Caira, Jenkins and Drennan cant make it. Bannan wasn't well thought of on here before he broke through either - some still dont rate him but I think the majority can see he has a place in the squad - would hate to think if Bannan was put off at an impressionable age (aka 14). He may not be a world class player but he's good enough.

Same goes for Gabby, was nearly dropped from the squad and only kept for his pace and he worked out well the last couple of seasons.

edit: Barcelona take on 300 kids into La Masia and Ajax take on 160 into DeToekomst.

Rafael Van Der Vaart was found at a Ajax youth competition [think Britains Got Talent, just one big football competition i guess] with 1000 kids.

How many of them do you think shine at 14? How many of them make it?

Not alot. So moaning about the few players we do take on is counter productive, quite simply the more okay/decent/passable players we take on at 7-14 the more likely we are to pick out a world class player.

If he's as good as everybody's making out [which I doubt] I'd start introducing him for half hour in early cup games in the 2013/14 season
everyoners entitled to their own opinion I suppose. But a lot of ex footballers that have said jack will make it if he keeps on track. And theyre are trainers at villa that rate him highly. And to SGC Id rather keep quiet about that for the moment. Soz :/.theres alot of things we dont bother saying and discussing for some reasons but ill be happy to answer other questions. Thats what im here for really... To find out about peoples views and answer some questions if need be.

Oh I wasn't moaning about him at all! He seems to be very good for his age, but there is a habit on these boards of wildly exaggerating a young players abilities. Im not saying I doubt he is good, as that is the opposite of what I think, it's just youth players on these boards are very much exaggerated at times. For instance [sorry i forget how old Jack is] 14/15 yr olds can develop at very different speeds, he seems very promising getting called up to the under 18's. But me saying he shouldnt feature until 2013 is still only 3 seasons away. Jack Wilshere didn;t get his big break until 18 really, suggesting (like some have) that he will soon be in the first team is a bit of an exaggeration (not a slant on Jack) its just that many players dont get their big break that young, whether he will be great or not it very rarely happens.

From the [very small time] ive seen him, he's looked impressive, i was simply saying that some people may exaggerate their beliefs because they want to believe we have a world class star in the making. The 'i doubt it' bit was simply in reference to some of the times this board has proclaimed a player to be future world class and then they end up playing in the Cheltenham reserve team.

Fair enough. But I dont see what you cant not see exciting about a prospect at your own club whose starting and playing very well for the youth team at the age of 15,playing a yeah above himself for ireland even though he has played two years aswell. Fell sick on england trials and are now enquiring about him again, to be sponsored by nike and have agents talking to us at this age. Lou mccary was complimenting him saying he has a very good chance and that he reminds him of himself when he used to play. And I overheard andy cole say watch that number 7 hes a quality player. But if this doesnt get people excited about a prospect then thats your decision. I dont like to judge my brother thats why I never do. But I dont think you can criticise SGC for what hes opinion is on jack. And shoody dont worry I know you didnt mean it in such a way :)

Fair enough. But I dont see what you cant not see exciting about a prospect at your own club whose starting and playing very well for the youth team at the age of 15,playing a yeah above himself for ireland even though he has played two years aswell. Fell sick on england trials and are now enquiring about him again, to be sponsored by nike and have agents talking to us at this age. Lou mccary was complimenting him saying he has a very good chance and that he reminds him of himself when he used to play. And I overheard andy cole say watch that number 7 hes a quality player. But if this doesnt get people excited about a prospect then thats your decision. I dont like to judge my brother thats why I never do. But I dont think you can criticise SGC for what hes opinion is on jack. And shoody dont worry I know you didnt mean it in such a way :)

As Shoody says, I think we are all excited about good young prospects at the Villa. He is just trying to say that we shouldn't overhype our young kids and put undue pressure and expectation on them that might adversely affect them down the line. Its very easily done - I personally can't wait to see Gardner play in the first team after what I have read and briefly seen - but sometimes can be counter productive.

Villa fans have seen this before with the Moore brothers for example, who maybe had a bit too much positivity/hype too early on and possibly didn't deal with it as well as some and clearly haven't progressed to anywhere near the level that all Villa fans had hoped for when they saw them in the youth side that beat Rooney's Everton to the Youth Cup some years back.

It sounds as if your brother has the world at his feet at the minute and I'm sure we all hope that he can continue to develop and be a world class player for the Villa, along with the many other very exciting prospects we seem to have at the minute.

To be honest i pay little attention to any youngsters at the club whatever their reputation. As has been said they're too young for us to know whether they are going to make it or not. Even if they break into the first-team it means very little - see Comyn A; Fenton G; Moore S etc etc

Hopefully for us there are some good 'uns that come through but until they do let's leave them and the coaches to get the best out of what we/they have.

Like most on this site I've read my fair share of "the next superstar" threads. Unfortunately for every Barry, Gabby, Cahill we get 10 Moore L and S and the likes. Kids with immense potential but who just don't make it at the very very top. I've not seen Jack, so I've no comment on his talent, but what sets the likes of Gareth Barry, Gabby and Gary Cahill apart is not their talent, but their commitment to the profession. Too many kids think they have made it when awarded their first pro contract and start picking up 8 or 10 grand a week. That's the start not the finish. It's the attitude to the game, the desire to learn and progress that sets the special ones apart. Let's face it Barry, Gabby and Cahill weren't the most technically gifted at 17 years of age, but they had desire. If Jack has the talent I hope his family, friends and agents keep his eyes fixed on the ultimate goal. I wish him every success.

Â