The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I think its great that you come on here to give us info and pass on some messages to your brother. I do however think it may cause hassle at some point along the line even if you mean it all with the best of intentions, its just always how these things turn out. The General knows a lot about this. I would keep posting down to a minimum tbh but thats just my opinion, and may not be shared by many people. I'd just hate something to happen that meant he didn't want to play here anymore or that he fell out with you over something that was put on here.

My other piece of advice from good experience of this is although its great to here ex players saying great things and giving him a lot of confidence, the main part of what they say is if they keep "on track" or "on the right lines". This is so important, i know far too many lads that have been in accadamies over the last few years who have ultimatly fallen short not because of their ability but because they didn't work hard enough to make it due to been hyped so much when they were young. I'm sure you know and do this already i just felt i needed to put it, and its in no way a dig, im sure and hope it will all work out well, just keep the kids feet on the ground, he's a top talent.

I think its great that you come on here to give us info and pass on some messages to your brother. I do however think it may cause hassle at some point along the line even if you mean it all with the best of intentions, its just always how these things turn out. The General knows a lot about this. I would keep posting down to a minimum tbh but thats just my opinion, and may not be shared by many people. I'd just hate something to happen that meant he didn't want to play here anymore or that he fell out with you over something that was put on here.

My other piece of advice from good experience of this is although its great to here ex players saying great things and giving him a lot of confidence, the main part of what they say is if they keep "on track" or "on the right lines". This is so important, i know far too many lads that have been in accadamies over the last few years who have ultimatly fallen short not because of their ability but because they didn't work hard enough to make it due to been hyped so much when they were young. I'm sure you know and do this already i just felt i needed to put it, and its in no way a dig, im sure and hope it will all work out well, just keep the kids feet on the ground, he's a top talent.

Quite confused. I understand what you mean but first of all jack is not fussed what i post on here as im his brother and would never say anything he wouldnt want me to... for e.g: what i said to SGC when i said id rather not mention some things. And as for not wanting to play for villa then something BIG must happen. Hes been at the villa since the age of 6. and me and him have beenseason ticket holders before he joined the academy. My great grandad had past with villa and nearly all of my family love villa so i honestly dont see how me posting on a forum can affect this?? I dont post all the time but instead just come on every so often to check up on these things, And to keep everyone informed. And as for the dedication part, i am pretty sure he will continue to do the same as he is now. He's always took a massive interest ever since he was younger and has never took his eyes off it since. If you knew him maybe you'd understand,and just for the record what does the general have to do with any of this?? :s

Sorry maybe i wasn't clear with what i put. The General posts with the best of intentions and has nothing but passion and care for the club but that still gets him in trouble even though you would think he wouldnt post something the club didnt want him to. Sometimes it's just the way people interpret things and then rumours spread which people believe, thats all im saying. Given enough time these things happen. Im glad he loves the club so much nothing better than seeing talented lads playing for their home town clubs. I know what you said to SCG and its the right thing to put, but the fact you put you would rather not comment would lead some people to believe he doesn't want to sign one here otherwise you would just say. Im not saying that, but thats an exact example of my first point on how things can quickly get out of hand from nothing. Im glad he is so dedicated also, and i don't doubt your brothers commitement for a second, i along with SGC have bigged him up a lot on here, i've seen him play he is very good indeed. I've had a few mates however who should have been big things and didn't make it, one of which was at the Villa, and its such a watse, another SGC knows about at another club who is also wasting his talent even though he has represented England in the lower age groups. I guess im just sticking my oar in i just thought i'd put it. Don't think im having a go mate, i have no doubts about your family or your brother just thought i was speaking from a bit of experience thats all. All i mean really is i wish him all the best i guess.

Great to see him doing so well. Kev I think all us irish villa fans are delighted to see Jack play for ireland underage he has been getting great reports over here. Next season he will be part of an excellent under 17 group who will have a great chance of qualifying for the europeans. Might even get chance with the under 19s with his talent. We love our irish wingers and we look forward to Jack stepping in to damian duffs boots for the senior irish team soon, Best of luck to him in his career

• 2 months later...

Hi Kev. I heard jack was called up for england under 17s in the nordic cup is that true? My irish sources tell me he will be called up for ireland for under 17 games in Augest. Who willhe choose?What a smashing player he is wonderful

Goalkeepers: Angus Gunn (Norwich City), Luke McGee (Tottenham Hotspur)

Defenders: Max Clark (Hull City), Shay Facey (Manchester City), Lawrence Gorman (Nottingham Forest), Isaac Hayden (Arsenal), Ashley Smith-Brown (Manchester City), Josh Webb (Aston Villa).

Midfielders: Lewis Baker (Chelsea), George Glendon (Manchester City), Connor Randall (Liverpool), Danny Smith (Crewe Alexandra), Charlie Ward (Aston Villa), James Wilson (Manchester United).

Forwards: Chuba Akpom (Arsenal), Mason Bennett (Derby County), Chris Long (Everton), Kwame Thomas (Derby County).

That was the squad confirmed a couple of days a go, so unless anyone has dropped out I doubt it.

Â