The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

What a second half that was. My god they were sublime.

The future, if theres somebody there who will use them and bring them through, could be very bright indeed.

I tell you now, every player in that squad last night could make it to the first team. Every one of them.

It's about time Gardner got some first team football. Especially now Bannan is out of it.

Play him for ****'s sake. He's been ready all season.

Grealish came on with about 10 minutes to go and played a blinder. A great little cameo.

He's very skillful with quick feet. Set up the last goal which was the best move of the night. Skinned a couple of players and linked up with Burke to tee up Drennan (who is fast becoming a real poacher). Grealish and Burke seem to have a natural understanding.

They all played well but Cameron, Gardner, Donacien and Burke especially. Then Grealish of course.

The good thing about this team is that on another day Robinson, Williams, Carruthers and Johnson could just as easily be the star performers.

Graham is an outstanding young player and didn't even get on.

The future looks great for Villa but also Ireland. I'm half Irish so that's just fine by me.

I think most of the Ireland team for the next 10-15 years are currently at Villa.

Their forward (Bakenga?) looks good and we could maybe poach him but, hey, we probably won't need him. :)

Just an update jacks been doing great and has been starting reserve team footbal,playing regular youth team football and has also trained with the first team twice now. Played saturday for the youth team and they beat watford 3-2 scored villas second goal to equaliseand was a belter of a left foot shot after going past two players. Charlie ward got the third and that was also a screamer which went off the bar and in from outside the box. Think you can see these games on AVTV. And as for ireland he scored a goal which kept ireland in the competition to qualify for next year (providing they get past the playoffs) and got irelands player of the tournament. Cheers guys. Kev.

Ermm I'm not too sure. You'd have to ask kevin or one of the other coaches. They all seem to like him a lot but of course they can only recommend him and certainly not demand him to play. Ermm as for ability he's been coming on fairly well and has trained with the first team more than anyone else his age or the age above has. Never mind playing reserve team games and youth team games. I don't know if he will be given an opportunity by the end of the year and I'm not too fussed. His time will come along (hopefully :D) but of course he's just turned 16 and he's already overcome a lot of things already. But I do not doubt his ability and I hope he does get a chance one day.

The future looks great for Villa but also Ireland. I'm half Irish so that's just fine by me.

I think most of the Ireland team for the next 10-15 years are currently at Villa.

I like this :D

OT but how well supported are we in Ireland? I imagine Utd are by far the biggest team?

There's a solid fanbase for Villa in Ireland. It probably peaked during the mid-90s when we had World Cup heroes like God, Stan, Townsend and Houghton playing for us.

But even now after Celtic, Liverpool, ManUre and probably Arsenal, I'd say there are roughly as many Villa fans here as there are of Chelsea, Spurs, Man City and Everton.

We are pretty big behind Celtic, United and Liverpool. Its then either us, leeds or arsenal though rarely know many irish arsenal fans they are really big among teh foreign communities.

Sunderland was big a few years ago when Keane took over but have declined

Just an update jacks been doing great and has been starting reserve team footbal. And as for ireland he scored a goal which kept ireland in the competition to qualify for next year (providing they get past the playoffs) and got irelands player of the tournament. Cheers guys. Kev.

Good man Kev saw the ireland game where jack scored he was class. If he keeps up the rate of progress hopefully he will be playing for ireland in Rio in 2014 filling Duffers boots!

Good man Kev saw the ireland game where jack scored he was class. If he keeps up the rate of progress hopefully he will be playing for ireland in Rio in 2014 filling Duffers boots!

I like your positivity but their is no chance in hell of trappatoni playing a kid in qualifying look at James McCarthy or Ciaran Clark as an example

I like your positivity but their is no chance in hell of trappatoni playing a kid in qualifying look at James McCarthy or Ciaran Clark as an example

True. Think Clarke has chance to go to Poland if he can nail down a regular spot for us

Dont know if fit defenders in squad will be Kelly, O'Shea, Dunne, McShame, St.Ledger, Ward and Kilbane. Means Kevin Foley, O'Dea and Clark fighting for a spot and he fancies O'Dea over Clark as he played in Russia

Dont think Killer will be part of squad which is shame in lots of ways cause the man is such an amazing servant for ireland. Poor Foley just does not seem to have the physical ability for Trap and I think McShane like Keogh may find that Trap is more ruthless when he comes to picking the squad for the championships than for qualifying games where he knows they will never need to play. O Dea and Clark it is so!!

Â