Absolutely mental take

How is it mental? 100m the worlds most expensive british player in history 

This season his stats in PLare 

20 apperances  3 goals 1 assist

Season before 

28 appearances 5 goals 7 assists

Season before 

26 apperances 3 goals 3 assists 

So im basing my opinion on price tag and stats in thw worlds best team.  Wouldnt be bad i guess if they signed him for 50m but 100m. Flop for me

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You've got some hate for him I'll give you that. No need for complete bullshite though.

See above its not bullshit its my opinion and i dont hate the guy. You can have a opinion on someone without hating them

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Season before 

Season before 

So im basing my opinion on price tag and stats in thw worlds best team.  Wouldnt be bad i guess if they signed him for 50m but 100m. Flop for me

See above its not bullshit its my opinion and i dont hate the guy. You can have a opinion on someone without hating them

But goals and assists were not what made him a £100m villa player either 

They've never been good

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But goals and assists were not what made him a £100m villa player either 

They've never been good

I think your point about commercial value is a valid one but im basing it on his contribution and value. Cant see how he isnt a flop at 100m. I would bw curious to see what citeh fans think about him?

I mean diabys been getting pelters and he cost half of what grealish did and this is his first season in PL in a team thats not as good as citys

• Like 1

I think your point about commercial value is a valid one but im basing it on his contribution and value. Cant see how he isnt a flop at 100m. I would bw curious to see what citeh fans think about him?

I mean diabys been getting pelters and he cost half of what grealish did and this is his first season in PL in a team thats not as good as citys

I've not seen that much but what I have seen they rate him, say they're a better attacking unit with him on the pitch, create more etc

It is mad that when I see him play for city pepsi main use of him is to control the defensive line, pep uses grealish to push the opposition deeper to give Silva, KDB, whoever else they play more space, at least he's not a £100m player used to give cancelo room anymore 

It's **** depressing how city play him - that's the other reason I can't see him as a flop 

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Season before 

Season before 

He’s not even the biggest flop Man City signed that year. Let alone the biggest flop in prem history. 

I doubt he’d make the top 100

Just now, Stevo985 said:

He’s not even the biggest flop Man City signed that year. Let alone the biggest flop in prem history. 

Who waa the biggest flop and what was his asking price?

I bet alot of neutrals would say grealish is one of the biggest flops. Like i said this purely based on price tag ans his stats

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He was the only senior player they signed that summer unless meant free transfer Scott Carson

Who waa the biggest flop and what was his asking price?

I bet alot of neutrals would say grealish is one of the biggest flops. Like i said this purely based on price tag ans his stats

They signed Kalvin Phillips the same year (I think). An actual flop. 

Like I said , Grealish doesn’t make the top 100 flops in prem history, let alone the biggest ever. Absolutely mental take 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He was the only senior player they signed that summer unless meant free transfer Scott Carson

Maybe it was the season after they signed Kalvin Phillips. Point still stands. That’s a proper flop

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Maybe it was the season after they signed Kalvin Phillips. Point still stands. That’s a proper flop

Grealish cost 60 million more and averages 18 starts a season. Phillips is a flop and so is Grealish

Both can be and are

• Like 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

They signed Kalvin Phillips the same year (I think). An actual flop. 

Like I said , Grealish doesn’t make the top 100 flops in prem history, let alone the biggest ever. Absolutely mental take 

Yeah Phillips is a flop i do agree with that but that wasnt the same season as grealish.

Grealish is 100% in the top 100 without a shadow of a doubt.  He is even in the top 10 for me. Id say one of the biggest flops in pl history was pepe at arsenal as he was close to 80m and his stats are worse than grealishs

Cant think of many others at that price range?

We’re debating what Jack has offered City since they bought him for mega money. We’ve agreed it’s not goals or assists, and he’s not considered a starter.

Definitely a massive flop candidate at an investment of £140m ish so far. 

• Like 1

I thought he was excellent in the run in last season and contributed a lot to the treble.  His interview seemed a little downbeat after the game, mentioned off-field issues and said how good Pep was in helping out.  I think he will be moving on, if so I don't see why we wouldn't be one of the most likely destinations.

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Season before 

Season before 

Imagine Diaby posted those stats.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Grealish cost 60 million more and averages 18 starts a season. Phillips is a flop and so is Grealish

Both can be and are

I didn’t say Grealish wasn’t a flop

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I didn’t say Grealish wasn’t a flop

But you said he isnt in the top 100 premier league flops. If he isnt in the top 100 then how can he be a flop at a cost of 100m?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah Phillips is a flop i do agree with that but that wasnt the same season as grealish.

Grealish is 100% in the top 100 without a shadow of a doubt.  He is even in the top 10 for me. Id say one of the biggest flops in pl history was pepe at arsenal as he was close to 80m and his stats are worse than grealishs

Cant think of many others at that price range?

Price range is relative though. Look at someone like Veron. £30m 25 years ago isn’t that much different than 100m now. 

And just because you cost more doesn’t automatically make you a bigger flop. Phillips is a far bigger flop than Grealish, even though he cost a lot less. 

Posted (edited)

But you said he isnt in the top 100 premier league flops. If he isnt in the top 100 then how can he be a flop at a cost of 100m?

He might make the top 100. I dunno. I was making a point.

Do you realise how many complete flops they have been in the last 30 years?

The point is Grealish isn’t even close to Being the biggest flop in prem history. Not even remotely close

Edited by Stevo985

Â