The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

17 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

If things don't change, it looks quite bleak for Jack. He will be trapped at City for a long time because of his huge contract. No one else will want him.

It’ll be up to Jack, if he really wants to leave (and City willing to let him go) he can take a pay cut.

For the record I don’t think he will.

Why would he want to leave one of the best teams in the world on one of the most lucrative contacts in the world? 

Just now, Genie said:

It’ll be up to Jack, if he really wants to leave (and City willing to let him go) he can take a pay cut.

For the record I don’t think he will.

Why would he want to leave one of the best teams in the world on one of the most lucrative contacts in the world? 

I know, at least he gets to train with the real stars.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well I guess if being on the pitch counts as playing then yes he did. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

Yep, did his job as the world's most well-paid recycler.

So he’s being paid a fortune, getting game time, on his way to multiple trophies and having it large off the pitch with his mates. Sounds like he will be full of regrets about how this move is playing out.

• Like 1

Becoming a none descript kind of nothing player at city. Scared to go for goal, scared to take a player on. Just a return passer nowadays. Any flare or skill seems to no be called for.

Add that into his now " look at me I'm in the tabloids shagging around" image...... Wasted.

Should be playing where Bernardo Silva is playing. I think that might have been the plan becasue Silva was off but he's had a resurgence. Doesn't belong in a City front 3. 

I dunno, maybe it's just that with Villa he got to play on the break or in open field play. At City he's always against a static back 5 becasue teams just sit back and you can't just run at that. It's very depressing to watch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

So he’s being paid a fortune, getting game time, on his way to multiple trophies and having it large off the pitch with his mates. Sounds like he will be full of regrets about how this move is playing out.

I never said that.  All I said is he looks shit and hinders them. 

10 minutes ago, jayEm said:

I was really not happy with Grealish leaving or the manner of his departure but even I find it a bit sad watching him for City now. When he's on the ball I still want to see him do what he did for Villa but it's just not how City play. Feels like football's loss, like City have taken an incredible talent and stuck him somewhere he can't truly flourish just so he can't do it anywhere else. Maybe it'll look different a year from now but that's how it feels currently.

Yep, my feelings exactly.

I didn't just love Grealish because he was a Villa player. It was also because he was a fantastic player to watch. It's so sad to see him just trotting around recycling possession, stuck on the wing. Receiving the ball, halfheartedly faking to go outside, and then just knocking it back.

I don't think he belongs in this kind of system at all, unless he can learn to play as an 8 at this level.

In the front 3, Pep wants quick all-rounders who are constantly buzzing around, dragging the defence out of shape, playing little 1-2s, getting on the end of stuff.

That's not Grealish's game. He just wants ball to feet in space, and then the freedom to take on his man or look for the final ball. He wants to be allowed to drift inside. His strength isn't constantly thinking about his positioning. I'm sure he can learn positional awareness in Pep's system, but it's not why people watch him.

Obviously there's plenty of examples of City players who've had a bad 1st season and then improved significantly, so there's still plenty of time for him to sort it out. But for now it's just sad to watch.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I never said that.  All I said is he looks shit and hinders them. 

It’s more about the laughable general theme of the thread.

”stuck on the bench” after he just finished 90 minutes.

Stuck at the club / nobody will want him / 3 out of 10 / only training with good players and that’s just this page*.

Its like a drunk, bitter ex ranting on Facebook. 

*damn page break :lol: 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I've said it on here many times, an I repeat, "They never needed him, an never will"!

True, it was a really weird signing. £100m fee and the same again in wages for a player they didn’t need. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It’s more about the laughable general theme of the thread.

”stuck on the bench” after he just finished 90 minutes.

Stuck at the club / nobody will want him / 3 out of 10 / only training with good players and that’s just this page*.

Its like a drunk, bitter ex ranting on Facebook. 

*damn page break :lol: 

I know what you mean, but think that's a bit unfair. Loads of non-Villa fans are saying similar things. He hasn't set the world alight.

Nornally when a player leaves and you say things like he wont be the same player for them and pep football will not suit him its kind of sour grapes. 

But in this instance its totally true. Many of us called it . And only him ( " i thought i would get lots more goals and assists ) couldnt see it . 

And while he is adjusting to being a cog rather than a star his star will stop shining . 

And just as i am writing this Shearer is saying the same 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'd rate Jack 3/10 for that game.

Lowest score of any City player on the BBC website.

When he was at Villa he was No1 by a country mile. The management cut him some slack and he flourished under Dean but seeing him for City tonight it's almost like he has list all his natural confidence. He looks like an imitation of himself currently.

It will be interesting if Pep can get him back to his Villa levels but you can bet your life if he can't they will be looking for the new bright star to replace him and they will spit Jack back out again 

Just now, KentVillan said:

I know what you mean, but think that's a bit unfair. Loads of non-Villa fans are saying similar things. He hasn't set the world alight.

I’d agree with that, but not a lot of the silly things people say in here about him. 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Nornally when a player leaves and you say things like he wont be the same player for them and pep football will not suit him its kind of sour grapes. 

But in this instance its totally true. Many of us called it . And only him ( " i thought i would get lots more goals and assists ) couldnt see it . 

And while he is adjusting to being a cog rather than a star his star will stop shining . 

And just as i am writing this Shearer is saying the same 

I know his agency will be count the coin but you do wonder if deep down they are questioning if it was the right move for their star man. I suppose it might be a bit too soon for that.

Â