The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Feel like I need to announce that I didn't see his first booking

Has anyone?

I've re watched the second half a couple of times now and not seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri1G67JlSws 2:09:05 in.Hard to see the offense inmthis clip though, due to the tiny match Windows..

looks like he made the terrible mistake of running alongside an opposition player whilst having hold of their shirt?

hardly a yellow, unless it was for persistent fouling

Feel like I need to announce that I didn't see his first booking

Has anyone?

I've re watched the second half a couple of times now and not seen it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri1G67JlSws 2:09:05 in.Hard to see the offense inmthis clip though, due to the tiny match Windows..
Found myself watching the goals completely forgetting about Jack Grealish!

Its a bit hard to avoid contact when the person missing the tackle is built like a fridge freezer and has thrown himself in front of you... In my opinion, it wasnt meant as a tackle for the ball anyway; he was trying to get in Jacks way...

When Jack was drawing fouls against Hull earlier this season, A lot of people thought it best thing since sliced bread... Now an opponent makes a mistake and he does the same and people are criticising the lad...

I have no problem with a good clean tackle... Even if its a strong one... but the bottom line with a tackle is that you get the ball... If you tackle someone, don't get the ball and impede their play, its a foul...

This. The only debate with that incident was whether or not he deliberately got himself fouled, and afaik there isn't a rule against doing that anyway.

There's a big difference between drawing a foul and diving.

Vs WBA it was the latter.

But he didn't dive mate, there was contact that caused him to go to the ground... If there hadn't have been, it would have been a dive.

Had Lescott been a bit more careful about his tackle, he could have got the ball and the tackle would have been legal... but he didn't... One way or another, he clipped Jack and brought Jacks run to an abrupt end... but Jack got the blame for it and sent off by a referee who had become a bit card happy up to the end of the game anyway.

I isn't think it was a foul. I think Jack could've stayed up easily enough. And I think he made a meal of it to waste some time with a free.

But I don't think it was a booking under the circumstances

I isn't think it was a foul. I think Jack could've stayed up easily enough. And I think he made a meal of it to waste some time with a free.

But I don't think it was a booking under the circumstances

On the other side of the coin, Lescott could have stayed up as well, he could have stayed on his feet and tried to tackle for the ball but he knew he couldn't match Jack for pace and so he threw himself in the way in order to halt the run of play, not in an attempt to get the ball... That, once again in my opinion, is a foul.

Its a bit hard to avoid contact when the person missing the tackle is built like a fridge freezer and has thrown himself in front of you... In my opinion, it wasnt meant as a tackle for the ball anyway; he was trying to get in Jacks way...

When Jack was drawing fouls against Hull earlier this season, A lot of people thought it best thing since sliced bread... Now an opponent makes a mistake and he does the same and people are criticising the lad...

I have no problem with a good clean tackle... Even if its a strong one... but the bottom line with a tackle is that you get the ball... If you tackle someone, don't get the ball and impede their play, its a foul...

This. The only debate with that incident was whether or not he deliberately got himself fouled, and afaik there isn't a rule against doing that anyway.

There's a big difference between drawing a foul and diving.

Vs WBA it was the latter.

But he didn't dive mate, there was contact that caused him to go to the ground... If there hadn't have been, it would have been a dive.

Had Lescott been a bit more careful about his tackle, he could have got the ball and the tackle would have been legal... but he didn't... One way or another, he clipped Jack and brought Jacks run to an abrupt end... but Jack got the blame for it and sent off by a referee who had become a bit card happy up to the end of the game anyway.

The contact was made by Jack. He kicked Lescott to ensure he made contact.

Everyone makes mistakes. I hope Jack learns from it.

The contact was with his knee, though (and this discussion must go on until he is at least vindicated, and preferably sainted by his holiness Pope Francis.

I hope Grealish does learn from this experience. He's made a living from winning free kicks, but what we really want is for him to keep going when he can.

The contact was with his knee, though (and this discussion must go on until he is at least vindicated, and preferably sainted by his holiness Pope Francis.

I hope Grealish does learn from this experience. He's made a living from winning free kicks, but what we really want is for him to keep going when he can.

Especially as we don't have anybody who can deliver a ball. 

I still make the point that the contact that happened wouldn't have been made if Lescott had stayed on his feet... and even if he did slide in... The tackle would have been sound if Lescott had won the ball and this whole discussion would never have occurred... but he didn't. The fault is all at the card happy ref and Lescott for a poorly judged and timed tackle... Jack played by the rules of the game, in my opinion.

Edited by DJ_Villain

Anyone remember the "foul" that Suarez drew out of Guzan for a penalty?  There were very few dissenting voices from the la la land of media punditry around that one being given because there was contact.  It seems that Villa players are judged on harsher terms.  Bloody Gerrard got a penalty once for having to avoid a challenge against Sheffield United because it caused him to lose his balance.  There was no contact there at all.  Grealish in trying to avoid being badly fouled managed to only get clipped and impeded only slightly.  It is none the less a foul and certainly not a dive.

Especially as we don't have anybody who can deliver a ball. 

The post office?

Anyone remember the "foul" that Suarez drew out of Guzan for a penalty?  There were very few dissenting voices from the la la land of media punditry around that one being given because there was contact.  It seems that Villa players are judged on harsher terms.  Bloody Gerrard got a penalty once for having to avoid a challenge against Sheffield United because it caused him to lose his balance.  There was no contact there at all.  Grealish in trying to avoid being badly fouled managed to only get clipped and impeded only slightly.  It is none the less a foul and certainly not a dive.

Here, here!

Gareth Bale vs Guzan... THAT was a dive

Jay 'Thundercunt' Rodriguez vs us.... THAT was a dive

Ashley Young vs us.... Once again... Dive!

Grealish didn't dive...

Here, here!

Gareth Bale vs Guzan... THAT was a dive

Jay 'Thundercunt' Rodriguez vs us.... THAT was a dive

Ashley Young vs us.... Once again... Dive!

Grealish didn't dive...

I think this is contradictory.

Suarez vs Guzan, Bale vs Guzan, Young vs Clark.

In all those situations there WAS contact, but not enough to be a foul and instigated by the player who went down, ergo it was a dive.

Grealish's was exactly the same, imo.

Edited by Stevo985

Â