The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

They want him for the season apparently but to be honest im not sure its the best fit, was just thinking is he really that far away from our first team? I'm sure a lot of people will read that and say yes but as backup surely he doesn't offer anything less than what tonev does?

He is a great prospect but he is miles away from our first team!!!!

Tonev has yet to find his feet but he is of a completely different standard - 5 years older, 100+ first team apperances and 15 full international caps

I think Jack's brother posts on here from time to time - i wonder if he agrees with you that Jack is ready for first team football?

Give the kid time to develop and 12 months from now it may be a different story

I didnt say he was ready, just putting forward my opinion that he cant much be much worse than our current backup, can he?

Derry had a word with jack and mcgregor yesterday. Wants to keep them for the season.

They want him for the season apparently

:rolleyes:

Saw it on twitter and came into post it, didn't really check the thread tbh.

I don't think Tonev has any attribute above Grealish other than experience and to be quite honest he doesn't exactly use it (shoooooot).

On the physical side of things I think Tonev has much more to offer - something that's really important in the modern game.

Pace, strength, getting stuck in, etc. However I agree that from what we've seen there isn't much more Tonev brings in footballing terms.

• Like 1

The young lad isn't ready for the first-team right now. Next year? Perhaps. but not right now. Plus needs to prove he can keep his feet on the ground and display a better attitude to his profession.

Are you saying Grealish has a particularly bad attitude? Or does Lambert just consider any self-confident young player to have a potential attitude problem?

Tonev has yet to find his feet but he is of a completely different standard - 5 years older, 100+ first team apperances and 15 full international caps

He really isn't...

So an 18 year old kid whose yet to set foot on a PL pitch is the same standard  as 23 year old with 15 full internationals under his belt.....er ok!!

We'll agree to differ...I'm happy to leave it to the professionals to decide

I don't think Tonev has any attribute above Grealish other than experience and to be quite honest he doesn't exactly use it (shoooooot).

Could Grealish become a better player than Tonev? - Potentially

Is he at that standard now? - Clearly not

The young lad isn't ready for the first-team right now. Next year? Perhaps. but not right now. Plus needs to prove he can keep his feet on the ground and display a better attitude to his profession.

Are you saying Grealish has a particularly bad attitude? Or does Lambert just consider any self-confident young player to have a potential attitude problem?

...based on?

Â