The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Only thing I worry about is that sometimes defensive minded players like Derry play very negative as manager, and I hope he doesn't stifle creativity or play overly defensive like mcleish.

Derry played defensive midfield. Like Lambert.

And Guardiola.

I don't think it makes any difference.

Only thing I worry about is that sometimes defensive minded players like Derry play very negative as manager, and I hope he doesn't stifle creativity or play overly defensive like mcleish.

Derry played defensive midfield. Like Lambert.

And Guardiola.

I don't think it makes any difference.

You're probably right, but there's a difference playing defensive midfield for Barcelona Dortmund and rangers to defensive midfield at Derry's clubs.

I guess my view is being clouded by cbs turned manager like McLeish.

Dont think it makes much sense for him to be at Notts County IMO, they are a team that are struggling and he is a creative player that cant get much going in what is a poor team for that league.

Would be better dropping down even to league 2 but playing in a team that don't get dominated every game.

Dont think it makes much sense for him to be at Notts County IMO, they are a team that are struggling and he is a creative player that cant get much going in what is a poor team for that league.

Would be better dropping down even to league 2 but playing in a team that don't get dominated every game.

It is a good way to toughen him up, get him used to defending his line and making the most of limited chances.

He's in the Irish U21 squad for the UEFA Championship qualifying games against the Faroe Islands and Montenegro.

Damn we should call him up to England U19.

I think he's been asked a few times and turned them down, not sure if that was U19 or younger though.

Edited by packoman

Kev - do you think he would he play for Ireland or England, given the choice? Even if England meant waiting longer...

Wish I knew mate. It is clear Ireland are leading the race. Whether that continues to happen who does know...

He could if he wanted to, quit ireland next week and switch to england u19/u20s next year. As we have been told jack will be put striaght into an england squad if he does switch. Or he could continue with the irish u21s and providing he continues what he has been doing for the past few years, push on for the first team.

I'm afraid I've always said I wont start typing what will or wont happen within jacks future. I wouldnt say it was fair on jacks behalf to give an opinion.

It is still up in the air and nothing has changed. Jacks happy at ireland and will continue to play for them after Noel King brought jack on as the youngest u21 player he has ever played. Looks like jack will look to repay him and play again this weekend.

• Like 2

Can't we recall him from his loan at Notts County? It seems pointless for him to be playing in a shit team as he is hardly going to get the chance to show what he can do.

He's getting game time and experience in a physically tough lower league, why recall him so he can just play in reserve games against other reserves?

Can't we recall him from his loan at Notts County? It seems pointless for him to be playing in a shit team as he is hardly going to get the chance to show what he can do.

Disagree, it's a great experience for him and he's getting regular first team action which he wouldn't be getting here. Playing in a struggling team that's battling relegation will toughen him up mentally too (as I believed happened with a lot of our young squad last season). Is he on a season-long loan, or just through January? I'd like to see him come back and make appearances off the subs bench later in the season for us.

Â