bickster

Who will top the group?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will top the group?

• England
    • USA
    • Algeria
    • Slovenia

It pains me to say it but O'Neill is probably just what the England team needs should we fail against slovakia.

Really? I think O'Neills teams play a type of football that would be somewhat limited on the international stage. Watching Villa play can at the best of times be fairly predictable. He has always played a big fella up front with a quick winger to put over crosses. His teams have never played a passing game . His style has been described in some quarters as kick and rush. I don't think he deserves quite such a rigid description, but I certainly think his style of football would be found out by tthe best teams . Personally, I think someone like Moyes could do a good job. He's always got Everton, a team with limited playing resources, to perform to their maximum potential. He is a Jock though :winkold:

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see how the press know??? Capello has kept the media in the dark and at arms length since his arrival - this must surely piss them off!!!! I bet they've been itching to see the first 'cracks' in his tenure to slate him....

I don't believe much that is reported in the rags - sure, it's easy to see that there's a little disgruntlement in the squad considering they've underperformed so far but it's easier to guild the lilly and blow it out of proportion!!!

James

Cole

Dawson

Terry

Johnson

Cole

Gerrard

Barry

Lampard

Lennon

Rooney.

I think that would work really well if Rooney remembers that he's professional footballer.

I think we'll see four, four **** two though.

He's certainly saying all the right things.

He always does, very comfortable with the press (on football) in these situations which is why he is sat there rather than our supposed skipper Gerrard who would be saying "er, like, know what I mean er like" to every question.

One thing that irks me a bit - he keeps saying "I'm here on behalf of the team". Isn't that what the captain should be doing? Methinks Terry should be captain.

Apparently, the players have a meeting with the manager this evening for a frank exchange of views and when asked if their views offended Capello he responded "so what?". Boredom is an issue and if the press are to be believed, the players have been ordered to rest in their rooms for 5 hours a day.

Rather interesting comment at the end after talking about Anelka situation "maybe some of us will get sent home after we've said we have to say" I'm paraphrasing but it was something like that.

I think that was said with tongue firmly in cheek. Sky will be running with the quote as a declaration of war no doubt...

MON would be exactly like Capello.

Infact i reckon MON is more stubborn than Capello.

MON wouldn't be afraid to drop big names to give them a kick up the arse.

I have a feeling that we'll see some big changes on Wednesday (according to SSN, Capello has already confirmed). Joe Cole to start, Lumpard dropped (well probably not) and Gerrard sat behind Rooney and Defoe.