Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 09/02/2023 at 16:56, hogso said:

Speaking of Korean TV, pretty obsessed with Physical 100 at the moment. Can't see how it isn't going to be replicated in every country in the world. 

I'm sure it'll also put the Squid Game reality TV show to shame. 

Thanks for the tip here. It is a fun show.

Criminal Minds: Evolution (Series 16) -

3/10 - It's comically awful.  If someone told me it was written by Megan Markle and Oprah Winfrey,  this would not be a surprise.

The original Criminal Minds was very good but lost it's spark so they had a break or an evolution.

There are a few blokes in this,

Spoiler

They are essentially there to show the opposite to the strong women.

The role call of the men:-

1 has Cancer but his strong woman sorts his attitude out for him.

1 cant function as he is consumed with grief

1 doesn't listen to the strong women and he gets killed because he thought for himself.

1 spent 10 years trying to find his sisters killer,  finds him and because he thought for himself,  gets shot,  but its OK,  strong intelligent tech woman (who is a munter but gets loads of male attention) stumbles across him in a ****ing forest before all the trained FBI people on her 1st trip (Out in the filed for years) and saves him.

1 is the killer over over 50 people.

Season 4 of You out on Netflix. It's a crap show really but it's pretty enjoyable nonetheless, if you find this sort of thing funny.

And a golf documentary called Full Swing also Netflix, in the manner of Drive To Survive and the tennis one which was also pretty good, I'm going to say it was called Break Point but Full Swing would've also worked there. Given all the controversy in golf between the PGA and LIV, maybe that show could've been called Tee'd Off instead.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Season 4 of You out on Netflix. It's a crap show really but it's pretty enjoyable nonetheless, if you find this sort of thing funny.

I really enjoyed the 1st 3 seasons,  bookshops and libraries and all that as a background,  nice.  

4th Season,  is trying to be a serious who-dunnit of sorts.  I have 1 episode to go.  I don't know who wrote this but they are living in an actual dream world.

3 /10

Spoiler

Even though the bloke is a lunatic,  he was sort of likeable within his own environment.

The 4th season however,  I don't even know where to begin.  It's so bad. It's like a comedy but without jokes,  its the situations and how people act that's funny.  Its all unintentional. 
The location is London but the people,  oh god.  I want them all to die.

On 11/02/2023 at 17:48, stegzy said:

Not sure if it’s been talked about on here but I just watched Mr Inbetween on Disney + after seeing a suggestion on IMDB. What an amazing show about an Aussie hit man. It has an 8.6 rating on IMDB so is highly rated by the fee that have seen it. 
I’m only gutted that I finished it in 5 days and it is over. Massively recommended and one of the best shows I have ever seen.

Just finished the first season.

Not bad at all. The writing is very punchy and streamlined with pretty much zero fat to the story (which suits it very well) and the performances are all solid especially Scott Ryan as the lead.

Good recommendation 👍 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I really enjoyed the 1st 3 seasons,  bookshops and libraries and all that as a background,  nice.  

4th Season,  is trying to be a serious who-dunnit of sorts.  I have 1 episode to go.  I don't know who wrote this but they are living in an actual dream world.

3 /10

Reveal hidden contents

Even though the bloke is a lunatic,  he was sort of likeable within his own environment.

The 4th season however,  I don't even know where to begin.  It's so bad. It's like a comedy but without jokes,  its the situations and how people act that's funny.  Its all unintentional. 
The location is London but the people,  oh god.  I want them all to die.

Absolute garbage. Still have to see it through.

• Like 1

Great news everyone. Carnival Row is back for it's 2nd and final season. So don't miss this chance to enjoy the acting excellence of Orlando Bloom and Cara Delevigne in this unintentional fantasy comedy.

Jared Harris must have been doing someone a favor by agreeing to be part of this. Either that or his agent hates him.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Latest episode of "South Park" absolutely destroyed Megan Markle and Harry.

It's really funny.  

the new series isn't on my IPTV on demand yet annoyingly

i still love that show. the last few series' have been really clever

31 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Latest episode of "South Park" absolutely destroyed Megan Markle and Harry.

It's really funny.  

I watched this, and whilst it was absolutely hilarious and a pretty accurate piece of commentary, I thought the end scene where Harry asked Meghan to come with him for a normal life was utterly savage towards Meghan. I won't spoil it for anyone, but I thought it was harsh.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I watched this, and whilst it was absolutely hilarious and a pretty accurate piece of commentary, I thought the end scene where Harry asked Meghan to come with him for a normal life was utterly savage towards Meghan. I won't spoil it for anyone, but I thought it was harsh.

I thought she got off lightly,  they could have gone for her in a lot of other ways.  

Spoiler

The end part was clever IMO,  remember,  she only cares about herself.  She wants to be the President after being the next Oprah.  She is trash and deserves it.  Nothing she says is of any value.
They could go and live quietly anywhere in the world if they wanted too.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I thought she got off lightly,  they could have gone for her in a lot of other ways.  

Reveal hidden contents

The end part was clever IMO,  remember,  she only cares about herself.  She wants to be the President after being the next Oprah.  She is trash and deserves it.  Nothing she says is of any value.
They could go and live quietly anywhere in the world if they wanted too.  

Spoiler

I agree to an extent, it's just that Harry got off much more lightly. The bit where he opened her head up to see if there was anything inside, and she was totally hollow could be true of him. Same is true when he kept asking her if she wanted to leave it all behind, and she stayed silent in the knowledge she's got exactly the life she wants.

I'm not a fan of the uneven press she gets, but that being said she very obviously courts publicity and very much deserved a lot of what was said about her in the episode.

• Like 1

On 11/02/2023 at 17:48, stegzy said:

Not sure if it’s been talked about on here but I just watched Mr Inbetween on Disney + after seeing a suggestion on IMDB. What an amazing show about an Aussie hit man. It has an 8.6 rating on IMDB so is highly rated by the fee that have seen it. 
I’m only gutted that I finished it in 5 days and it is over. Massively recommended and one of the best shows I have ever seen.

Great TV, binged 3 episodes last night, cheers 👍

23 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Just finished the first season.

Not bad at all. The writing is very punchy and streamlined with pretty much zero fat to the story (which suits it very well) and the performances are all solid especially Scott Ryan as the lead.

Good recommendation 👍 

Watch out for the 'vag-ankle'. Season 3 I think  🤣

• Haha 3

Â