Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I enoyed Breaking Bad in the same way I enjoyed stuff like Elementary and Hannibal, I can't really understand how people put it up their with stuff like Sopranos and The Wire. It's got a slight daytime tv show feel for me, as time goes on I think people will look back on it less and less fondly.

Spot on.

As great as Breaking Bad was it's utterly ridiculous to put BB on par with the Sopranos and the Wire. At times the show was bordering on ridiculous and contained alot of pointless, awful episodes such as The Fly.

It's already started airing and he talks in an American accent, I think it's meant to be New York but the show's set in a small fictional Californian seaside town. From what I've seen it isn't as good as the English version.

I enoyed Breaking Bad in the same way I enjoyed stuff like Elementary and Hannibal, I can't really understand how people put it up their with stuff like Sopranos and The Wire. It's got a slight daytime tv show feel for me, as time goes on I think people will look back on it less and less fondly.

Spot on.

As great as Breaking Bad was it's utterly ridiculous to put BB on par with the Sopranos and the Wire. At times the show was bordering on ridiculous and contained alot of pointless, awful episodes such as The Fly.

Disagree.

Its not as good as Sopranos or the wire but it is most definitely on the same tier.

Its absolutely superb television. Each to their own, but if you don't like it you're just wrong ;)

Spot on.

Disagree.

Its not as good as Sopranos or the wire but it is most definitely on the same tier.

Its absolutely superb television. Each to their own, but if you don't like it you're just wrong ;)

Beginning of my sentence 'As great as...'. Of course I liked it. Before the last season I would have put it on par with dexter and Prison Break but the last season was that brilliant it deserves to be up there with Boardwalk Empire and GOT. However as its so unrealistic, bordering on bonkers and as I sais before there are many woeful epiosdes early on its not a patch on The Wire or Sopranos. Not a chance.

Not sure why realism has to be a factor in how good a TV show is, but each to their own.

You're totally wrong about Fly though. That was a brilliantly subtle episode that acted as a quieter, more reflective moment in the series and was all about an insight into Walt in that moment. Good stories are all about peaks and troughs, high octane all the time is too much and gets boring.

I enjoyed breaking bad immensely, yet I have no desire to ever watch it again, but I could however , watch repeats of Malcolm in the Middle til the cows came home.

Hal > Walter.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 3

I enjoyed breaking bad immensely yet I have no desire to ever watch it ever again, but I could however , watch repeats of Malcolm in the Middle til the cows came home.

Hal > Walter.

But that's not anything to do with the quality of either shows, they're just different set ups. Sitcoms like Malcolm in the Middle are designed for repeated viewings. They're generally half hour standalone stories that are fun and easy to watch. Breaking bad is episodic and each episode propels the overall story along. You can't really just see one on TV at random and jump into it part way through.

The format of a show shouldn't detract from how great it is, and Breaking Bad is a bloody great show that pushed the boundaries of storytelling, production values and acting alongside other fantastic shows in recent years. This show, along with others like Boardwalk Empire and The Walking Dead have really gone towards making TV a much more cinematic and complete experience. It's part of what I think will be known as a golden age for television in the years to come. The last season of Breaking Bad became more than just a TV show. It was a completely original experience that had people completely spellbound.

Not to say you can't enjoy it if you're only watching it now, but if you were there at the time, waiting an entire week for the next episode to air and getting closer and closer to the conclusion, you'll probably know what I'm talking about. People talked about it in much the same way they talk about X Factor on a Monday morning, which for me was completely unreal that such a high quality show had gripped so many people in the same way that these bullshit reality TV shows manage to do. It was one of the most talked about shows on the internet during the final season's run and was a completely unique experience, at least for me.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

I enjoyed breaking bad immensely yet I have no desire to ever watch it ever again, but I could however , watch repeats of Malcolm in the Middle til the cows came home.

Hal > Walter.

But that's not anything to do with the quality of either shows, they're just different set ups. Sitcoms like Malcolm in the Middle are designed for repeated viewings. They're generally half hour standalone stories that are fun and easy to watch. Breaking bad is episodic and each episode propels the overall story along. You can't really just see one on TV at random and jump into it part way through.

The format of a show shouldn't detract from how great it is, and Breaking Bad is a bloody great show that pushed the boundaries of storytelling, production values and acting alongside other fantastic shows in recent years. This show, along with others like Boardwalk Empire and The Walkign Dead have really gone towards making TV a much more cinematic and complete experience. It's part of what I think will be known as a golden age for television in the years to come. The last season of Breaking Bad became more than just a TV show. It was a completely original experience that had people completely enraptured.

Not to say you can't enjoy it now if you're watching it, but if you were there at the time, waiting an entire week for the next episode to air and getting closer and closer to the conclusion, you'll probably know what I'm talking about. People talked about it in much the same way they talk about X Factor on a Monday morning, which for me was completely unreal that such a high quality show had gripped so many people in the same way that these bullshit reality TV shows manage to do. It was one of the most talked about shows on the internet during the final season's run, it was a unique experience for me.

WTF ? Malcolm in the Middle is superior to Breaking Bad in nearly every single aspect .

Hal > Walter.

The format of a show shouldn't detract from how great it is, and Breaking Bad is a bloody great show that pushed the boundaries of storytelling, production values and acting alongside other fantastic shows in recent years. This show, along with others like Boardwalk Empire and The Walkign Dead have really gone towards making TV a much more cinematic and complete experience. It's part of what I think will be known as a golden age for television in the years to come. The last season of Breaking Bad became more than just a TV show. It was a completely original experience that had people completely enraptured.

Not to say you can't enjoy it now if you're watching it, but if you were there at the time, waiting an entire week for the next episode to air and getting closer and closer to the conclusion, you'll probably know what I'm talking about. People talked about it in much the same way they talk about X Factor on a Monday morning, which for me was completely unreal that such a high quality show had gripped so many people in the same way that these bullshit reality TV shows manage to do. It was one of the most talked about shows on the internet during the final season's run, it was a unique experience for me.

WTF ? Malcolm in the Middle is superior to Breaking Bad in nearly every single aspect .

Go on. I'd be interested to hear this comparison that makes absolutely no sense.

I watched most of Breaking Bad before I even realised that Walt was the guy from Malcom in the Middle.

Wow ... The role of a lifetime got him the gig on BB .

Next you'll be saying you didn't realise that Sam the hobbit was in the Goonies.;)

• Like 1

recently finished house of cards season 1 - and it really grew into a superb finale. The guy who plays Peter Russo is fantastic. 

Just picked up season1 of Fargo from the library so based on the good reviews of it here, looking forward to it. 

Hal > Walter.

Go on. I'd be interested to hear this comparison that makes absolutely no sense.

I am not comparing them at all , that would be stupid.

I am telling you which one is clearly better .

Without backing your opinions up, of course.

I don't care which one you prefer, that's your own opinion and you're entitled to it, but if you're saying one is better than the other than you're clearly comparing the two and they're far too different to do that.

Incidentally, I prefer Breaking Bad, but mainly because I prefer drama and darker stories to sitcoms.

As for Hal being Cranston's 'role of a lifetime', go check out some interviews with him and he says time and time again that the role of Walter White claims that title for him. It's also interesting to know that Vince Gilligan had to really fight Cranston's cause with the television executives when he told them he wanted to cast him as Walt because they didn't want him due to the fact that he was 'the silly dad from Malcolm in the Middle' and they thought he didn't have the chops to handle the role. The best decision they ever made was to trust Gilligan's instinct.

Edited by Ginko

Â