Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just started the last episode of OITNB, so will have it finished tonight.

One thing that annoys me about it is the Bennet/Diaz storyline. I couldn't give two shits about that.

I've watched the first 5 episodes of Parks and Rec, but it's not really gripping me. I'm watching it just because, but I rarely actually laugh. Maybe I'll try IASIP instead.

There is no comparison, It's always Sunny is on a different planet of funny to Parks and Rec. But for me it took until late season 2 to really get comfortable with the characters, the show was trying to find its way too. But now Season 2-9 are all impossibly funny. 

The Gang Hits the Road is the most perfect comedy episode of any show ever. 

I envy you getting to watch it all for first time. I started watching in Dec and have watches all 9 seasons over 4 times now. 

Just started the last episode of OITNB, so will have it finished tonight.

One thing that annoys me about it is the Bennet/Diaz storyline. I couldn't give two shits about that.

OITNB is decent, but never really gets above 6.5/10 show

Always Sunny at it's peak is brilliant.

But I don't think it really got good until Danny De Vito entered. And the last 2 seasons weren't that great to be honest.

So when it's good it's superb. But it's not consistent, imo.

Suppose once you cross over into adoration I don't see the bad episodes. I just get my fix of the gang. I agree the last 2 seasons are slightly down on its 3-7 season peaks. But still it's standard of comedy remains very high which is a huge testament to its writing.

Oh by the way, I promised you ages ago I'd watch Battlestar Galactica.

Hasn't happened. I've tried 3 times now. Made it to halfway through Season 2, but it doesn't do it for me really :(

Show doesn't get going at all until end of season 2 and into season 3. I watched first season and a half of Breaking Bad and stopped until I got told to go back and watch it during its season 4 run. Obviously glad I did.

I can't believe you stopped Battlestar right before it got good. Shame. Pegasus is epic TV. So is New Caprica stuff. Dark ass show.

Show doesn't get going at all until end of season 2 and into season 3. I watched first season and a half of Breaking Bad and stopped until I got told to go back and watch it during its season 4 run. Obviously glad I did.

I can't believe you stopped Battlestar right before it got good. Shame. Pegasus is epic TV. So is New Caprica stuff. Dark ass show.

I tried, I really did.

But I was forcing myself to watch it halfway through season 2. I may go back to it, but it's bottom of the list for the moment.

I've persevered with far too many bad shows on advice to let a good one like BSG slip through.

Almost all shows are not really that great in the beginning and then they become better. Boardwalk Empire 1st season, Sopranos first season both were meh and hard to get into. Both are excellent shows. 

Pegasus is Episode 10 of Season 2 which is exact mid point of the second season of BSG. From there until episode 5 of Season 3 is 15 episodes total. If at that point you don't like the show then maybe it's worth dropping. 

So when you go back to it, maybe watch all of season 2 and then first bit of season 3 and decide. That's about 2 weeks of viewing. 

Breaking Bad is only as good as it is because of season 3 & 4. They are the absolute peak of the show. Without them it's nowhere near the show it turned out to be. Similar with BSG 

Having a look at the episodes of season 1 and first half of season 2 of BSG, there's nothing much interesting there tbh. Mostly setting the scene and more likely the writer finding his feet. It's no wonder I can't remember it too well.

I thought about the 5 best parts of the entire show, the first two of those are pegasus storyline which begins from S2E10 then New Caprica story starts from S3E01. The next is the Awakening story which starts at end of season 3. Final two I can't say as they'd constitute spoilers. 

So when I say I love the show, I love it for parts you've yet to watch. Same way I love Breaking Bad not for Tuko nonsense, but for Gus onwards. 

I'll watch the rest of BSG eventually.

I'll have to because I'm simultaneously telling people in another thread to persist with The Wire because they can't get into it.

It's a struggle though.

I watched season 1 of Boardwalk Empire when it was originally on, but sacked it off about 5 episodes into season 2.  Should I go back?

I didn't like it really until Season 2 and 3 which turned out to be excellent. Season one was very hard to get into. Season 4 was decent but it's now got only 8 episode wrap up now for Season 5 which is the last season.

Â