Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

It airs on Feb 22 on Sky Atlantic, really looking forward to it. I thought about downloading it but I have plenty of stuff to watch for a couple of weeks, might as well wait.

Got to hand it to Matthew McConaughey, such a career turnaround. 

One episode of True Detective down and **** hell yes. Utterly superb.

I need to get onto that asap.

Yes you do, it's right up "our" street.

Both of the leads have matured beyond my wildest expectations over the years and they're clearly peaking here.

I'd like to compare it to something but I can't, at least but after one EP.

• Like 1

Watched the first three episodes of True Detective today.  It's fookin fantastic!

Gritty, dark, clever and thrilling.  Always liked Harrelson but McConaughey has changed my opinion of him massively.  Those rom-coms were terrible but it's true that the part can make the actor!

• Like 3

I must be out of touch I'd never heard of McConaughey before True detective.

I wouldn't bother researching his early work; it's all absolute tosh iirc!

When I first saw him I thought it was the guy out of Dexter, Quinn I think I'm thinking of. I understand he's all the rage these days though, good luck to him for turning it around and coming through like he's doing.

What kind of a detective show is it

Is there one killer they are trying to find or is it just another generic different perp in every episode like elementary

It's hard to say without giving stuff away because it's set in both 1996 and 2012 and also I understand something major happened in 2002 as well. But safe to say there isn't a different killer each episode.

It makes Breaking Bad look like day time TV.

I am about halfway through Season 3 of Breaking Bad and it is boring me to tears...

Weirdo

Seems to be that way as absolutely everyone raves about it! I just don't see why at all. I just find the whole plot a bit dull.

Maybe it's also because everyone raves about it and I'm very late to the party I missed out on all the suspense and excitement surrounding it.

Season 5 is a masterpiece of television.

If you can watch that season and not think it's incredible then there is something wrong with you.

PS Ginko, I'm jealous. You're in for a treat!

I watched the rest of Season 4. About 1/2 of the way through things REALLY picked up again and my mind was blown.

I now love it. I'm converted.

• Like 2

Â