Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I watched it last week and liked it

it doesn't quite have the magic of mad men which understatedly tells you yes people really were like this 50 years ago and it doesn't have the right in your face you're never going to believe how people were 80 years ago theme that mr selfridge / downtown goes for, master was well written so was the girl, his wife and his young dr friend, the other characters weren't that strong though and were mainly there just to make sure you knew what decade it was set in and how people would object to what he was doing (the secretary for example)

the 2 leads will just about keep it going

Interesting bit in that Dan Snow program the other night about all the U-boats scuppered off Northern Ireland - including the very impressive Type XXI, several of which were used by the Allied navies after the war.

There needs to be more shows/movies about the crazy shit the Germans were up to during WWII. Pity they blew up most of the evidence when defeat was around the corner.

I think there is room for a sci fi show based around the crazy idea's the nazi scientists come up with during WW2

There needs to be more shows/movies about the crazy shit the Germans were up to during WWII. Pity they blew up most of the evidence when defeat was around the corner.

I think there is room for a sci fi show based around the crazy idea's the nazi scientists come up with during WW2

Please. No.

• Like 1

Pity they blew up most of the evidence when defeat was around the corner.

It's OK though, cuz didn't America hire a lot of their scientists anyway. That's not a criticism of America btw.

iron.jpg

• Like 2

The Thick of It is absolutely superb. Got started on it on Friday evening, and I'm already up to season 3.

The downside is I now have an incredibly long list of creative obscenities to fight off every time someone at work pisses me off.

• Like 2

The Walking Dead

Dive Bombing zombies genius TOP BOMBING!

Sons Of Anarchy worth watching?

SOA is epic

The characters are awesome Tiggy is a legend

Walker pig is going to kill them all

Yes SOA is brilliant.

Finally finished off The Wire. Absolutely epic.

The worst thing about finishing off The Wire is that you don't have The Wire to look forward to :)
  • Like 4

Anyone seen the 30 for 30 about OJ being chased in LA?

"June 17, 1994"

"Quick-cut archival footage captures the various US sporting events on the day in question and the emotions they generated, including but not limited to the opening of the World Cup soccer tournament, the Knicks/Rockets battle in the NBA FinalsArnold Palmer's last round in the U.S. Open, and the New York Rangers' celebration of their Stanley Cup victory — all of which are overshadowed by O. J. Simpson's run from the police."

Been meaning to watch this for an age but I keep forgetting about it.

Â