Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I like the Big Bang Theory (although do feel it's overrated by some)

But it's still in that bracket of American comedy (which very few american comedies manage to get out of) which will always mean it's average.

It does change direction a good bit from the overly mythic cryptic stuff that the arrow and all that meant. It keeps plenty of religous themes and that but I didn't like the Arrow bit either tbh. Visions and that seem fine. But some of the next parts are exceptional. Got to Pegasus yet in Season 2?

Yes, it went a lot darker when the Pegasus arrived like neocons in space. I wish Admiral Cain had survived a bit longer, it seemed a bit convenient having her killed off quickly. What I do enjoy is when a new cylon is uncovered. I am suspicious to some of the main characters who have had no sort of development.

I **** love The Newsroom

edit, do admit I can see why some wouldn't like it, mind especially if you have polar opposite politics to Sorkin, but that's not a problem for me.

and Jeff Daniels is great.

I have no opposite politics to Sorkin I just revile his preachy manipulative show. That is also trying so hard to be educated witty yet it comes off unbelievably condescending. The man's ego is nauseating and his arrogance knows no bounds.

This is vile stuff. From a man who as leviramsey says is trying to reinterpret history in his own way. Not least his attempts to "explain" Republicans.

The geek at work kept telling me to watch the big bang theory, claiming it was 'the funniest show ever'.

About as funny as cancer. Awful. I honestly can't think of one American comedy show I have ever seen that has made me even smirk. British TV shows are pretty awful but our comedies are incredible

Edit: entourage is the only good American comedy show if it can be classed as a comedy?!

Curb your enthusiasm & Seinfeld are on par with the best British comedies IMO. I also love parks and recreation and American office was very funny for the middle of its run.

The geek at work kept telling me to watch the big bang theory, claiming it was 'the funniest show ever'.

About as funny as cancer. Awful. I honestly can't think of one American comedy show I have ever seen that has made me even smirk. British TV shows are pretty awful but our comedies are incredible

Edit: entourage is the only good American comedy show if it can be classed as a comedy?!

Curb your enthusiasm & Seinfeld are on par with the best British comedies IMO. I also love parks and recreation and American office was very funny for the middle of its run.

Yeah your right about curb. Forgot about that show, love it. Haven't seen enough Seinfeld to pass judgement. The large majority of comedies I have seen from America have been woeful however

It does change direction a good bit from the overly mythic cryptic stuff that the arrow and all that meant. It keeps plenty of religous themes and that but I didn't like the Arrow bit either tbh. Visions and that seem fine. But some of the next parts are exceptional. Got to Pegasus yet in Season 2?

Yes, it went a lot darker when the Pegasus arrived like neocons in space. I wish Admiral Cain had survived a bit longer, it seemed a bit convenient having her killed off quickly. What I do enjoy is when a new cylon is uncovered. I am suspicious to some of the main characters who have had no sort of development.

They really fck with your head with who is a Cylon and who isn't as the story continues. The beginning of season 3 is the best TV I've ever seen. Given it was being aired during the height of the deaths of American troops in occupied Iraq after the war.

Yeah your right about curb. Forgot about that show, love it. Haven't seen enough Seinfeld to pass judgement. The large majority of comedies I have seen from America have been woeful however

Lots if been bad yes. But there are too many comedies to cater for a wide audience of viewers.

I enjoyed lots of friends. The first 4/5 series were great. Fraiser is excellent too actually. First couple of seasons of 30 Rock were great. South Park and the Simpsons are the best Satire ever made IMO.

Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother are two very popular shows that I enjoyed moments of. But they drag. Especially HIMYM... 

Plus to be so mainstream yet remain top quality is hard. The Simpsons is one that achieved that, combining adult and kids stuff.

Netflix UK has The League for example. One of the best episodes didn't mention fantasy football at all and the jokes that were for fantasy (american) football were lost on me but it wasn't a problem. Apparently for FF fans those jokes are good. 

I'm just trying a show new to me but maybe not to y'all is 10 Items Or Less.. about a chap who comes back from NYC to manage his father's old supermarket dealing with a team of misfits. Not sure yet. It only lasts one season so I better decide soon.

Found another one on there called The Good Guys, anybody seen it?

Also on the PS3 I found crackle, didn't know about it at all and it has some annoying adverts but I'm watching Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee (which only has short episodes) and The UnUsuals, which actually is a decent but basic american cop comedy drama with Jeremy Renner before he was in xmen.

started watchin US Killing. 1st 2 episodes are OK so far, probably best I havent seen Danish version yet though

Stop watching it then and go straight to the original. The American show will give you entirely the wrong impression and you won't enjoy the original.

same could be said for a lot of shows and movies and they normally dont have the same feel as original . The Bridge is another same with Girl with Dragon Tattoo and now they are remaking Headhunters

same could be said for a lot of shows and movies and they normally dont have the same feel as original . The Bridge is another same with Girl with Dragon Tattoo and now they are remaking Headhunters

The "remake" of that was better though.

maybe but dont think it required a remake so quickly

Without putting too fine a point on it, was it shite

It's off topic and we've had the discussion numerous times in the FIlm Thread. But yeah. It was. In every way. The only thing the Swedish version has going for it is it was released first.

Edited by Stevo985

Seinfeld is brilliant, it's like the father of all comedies we see today although it's efforts at stud are mixed to say the least but that's not Seinfeld's fault. Curb is fantastic as well, LD is a genius. Only thing I didn't like about Seinfeld was the ending. 

Seinfeld is brilliant, it's like the father of all comedies we see today although it's efforts at stud are mixed to say the least but that's not Seinfeld's fault. Curb is fantastic as well, LD is a genius. Only thing I didn't like about Seinfeld was the ending. 

cheryl hines in curb your enthusiasm ......would get it ........balls deep ......FACT

Â