Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Yeah my parents tried to watch The Wire and literally couldn't because they couldn't understand anything.

They really wanted to, but it was like watching it in French to them.

I watched it with subtitles on. I only needed them maybe 5% of the time but they did make the borderline stuff easier too.

As for Breaking Bad. FTLOG man sort that out would ya !?!

Haha, yeah it's on "the list".

Sopranos is more or less done (3 episodes left) and so is FNL (finally!)

So there will be a gaping hole left. Breaking Bad and The Killing will be filling it I imagine.

re-watched The Bridge over last 2 days and on 2nd viewing is still very good even if the reveal was a bit meh.

Dont think I could watch the US/Mexican version even if it does have Diane Kruger  :wub:

• Like 3

re-watched The Bridge over last 2 days and on 2nd viewing is still very good even if the reveal was a bit meh.

Dont think I could watch the US/Mexican version even if it does have Diane Kruger :wub:

The bridge is class, they also doing a UK/French version..... Also who ever asked watch the original version of the killing (forbrydelsen), Sarah Lund has something about her that makes me want to smash her.

I haven't seen either but from what other people have said the US version, whilst still really good, isn't as good as the original (predictably)

I accidentally watched it not realising it was a remake. I really enjoyed series one, but two left me cold. A good reason for watching the original is that then you have more series to go at.

I've been watching The Good Wife. I know its been around a while, but I haven't noticed it mentioned much round here.

Every episode is an enclosed story line (a legal case) with a slowly building back story. The classic structure for a series. Its started well, but the back story build is slow going, and part way through series one it got a bit samey - every episode = unwinable case which they heroically win.

Series two has been great though, there so much back story the enclosed episode stories don't matter, an irritation almost.

Didn't realise there was an American remake of The Killing.  Anybody have an inkling over which version is better?

The american version is woeful, stay well away.

I disagree. I think its pretty good.

Didn't realise there was an American remake of The Killing.  Anybody have an inkling over which version is better?

The american version is woeful, stay well away.

I disagree. I think its pretty good.

I agree and season 3 is better than 2.....

Also Luther isnt as good as some make out, first series maybe but certainly not this one. And apart from Stringer Bell I don't feel the love for Idris Elba.

I like it but I think it's has been overrated by some on here. Many a time have I found it a tad bit silly. Idris has done a great job though, excellent work.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â