The New Condem Government

bickster

Why is it necessary to reduce our huge deficit? Seriously?

No, that was not the question I asked.

In response to Blandy saying, "...it absolutely is necessary to stop spending (in totaL) exceeding total income..." (which I read as him saying that we absolutely have to run a balanced budget and not run any kind of deficit), I asked why?

I think that Blandy's statement on expenditure versus income was in the context of our huge and crippling deficit.

Bankers' bonuses still increasing, then.

And while profits have fallen from their 2007 peak, the percentage directed to compensation has increased by 23%...

Banks say their hands are tied, arguing that firms say that do not adequately compensate risk losing their top bankers.

here

Performance-unrelated-pay.

If the banks lost their top people, given their widely demonstrated incompetence, would that not be a good thing? Makes me wonder why they bother to give them basic pay, never mind bonuses. If there was any justice, we could all individually sue them for the loss of value in our pension schemes, since adding value by their transactions is after all the only thing they are meant to be doing. It's not like they produce anything, or deliver a service, or even provide entertainment.

I think that Blandy's statement on expenditure versus income was in the context of our huge and crippling deficit.

Perhaps it is "crippling" only insofar as we choose to regard it as such, and act accordingly.

Do you understand the implications of having such a vast deficit Peter?

Which particular implications do you infer from my posts that I haven't understood?

If I'm honest, any of them.

Which particular implications do you infer from my posts that I haven't understood?

A politicians answer if ever I've saw one.

Can someone pass the hammer to Vince Cable? He has to put yet another nail in the coffin of social mobility.

Unlimited Tuitions fees

Poor students will be better off under the system.

I don’t see the big fuss about increased student debt. Its only a taster of the endless debt you’ll spend your life in.

Nah, Education should be free at every level. A country should be based on improving through education (as opposed to "improving" through it's economy) and therefore should do everything it can to ensure it's fair and free. **** knows how to do it but that should be the aim.

It's bullshit to hike up fee's and impose this financial situation upon any student, rich or poor. It'll just lead to less social mobility and an even greater gap between the elite and the rest of us.

Oh, and an economy based on debt is doomed to fail, as it has done many times already. The coalition so far has done nothing to change that fundamental issue within the system. The cycle of crash, recover, crash will just continue. We should aim for consistent progress.

Again, **** knows how to do that. Doubt it'll happen though, the world is full of greedy, self centred cu*ts.

Nick Clegg not attending Margaret Thatcher's birthday party in Downing Street today.

Attending? No. Serving drinks? Yes.

Start the day with a smile they always say, and now I am :-) - very good sir

Because?

Try to offer a little more substance in your answer, then I might possibly have something to engage with.

For example, your comment suggests that you think there is one clear position on this which you understand and I (and possibly others) don't; is this what you mean? Do you think that the only implications of a deficit are bad?

Â