The New Condem Government

bickster

Our MP is just there to cut ribbons. My parents have been to see him about a problem in the past and he wasn't interested, barely listened and ultimately was just didn't do anything.

Same thing when my cousin and her husband went to see him about a problem they were having.

But being deep in the heart of Tory country, he doesn't have to do anything to get votes.

My MP is a bit of a nutter. When he was on HIGNFY it was an absolute embarrassment. However, when I wrote to him to get something sorted, he was fast, direct and sorted my problem out. 

Edited by StefanAVFC

The government recouping a fraction of the tax revenue they've lost us is hardly champagne celebration stuff.

You're a real 'glass half empty' kind of guy!

EDIT:

From the article:

The total was £3.2bn more than the previous year, £9bn higher than three years ago, and nearly £1bn above the target set by the chancellor, George Osborne, in his 2013 autumn statement, HM Revenue and Customs said.

It would seem that this evil government of evil doers doing evil things is actually making real progress on an issue that was allowed to get out of control under the previous government. I'd have thought increasing the tax revenue by 9 billion a year is pretty good progress from HMRC, is it not? 

Edited by Awol

The government recouping a fraction of the tax revenue they've lost us is hardly champagne celebration stuff.

Awww listen to me moaning, I should leave poor wittle Amazon, Google et all alone with their billions. I'm sure the government are doing their very very best, I'm nothing but a meany pants bully.

Awww listen to me moaning, I should leave poor wittle Amazon, Google et all alone with their billions. I'm sure the government are doing their very very best, I'm nothing but a meany pants bully.

You're not going to like this, but the rules of the EU allow Google, Starbucks et al to pay their taxes in whichever jurisdiction within the union that they choose to.  Our government is powerless to do anything about that, but you can vote UKIP and be the change you want to see. ;)

You're not going to like this, but the rules of the EU allow Google, Starbucks et al to pay their taxes in whichever jurisdiction within the union that they choose to. Our government is powerless to do anything about that, but you can vote UKIP and be the change you want to see. ;)
You think UKIP would change the status quo? I think I'll vote green thanks.

What would happen if the gov gave everyone £1m pound?

I always think that.  Everyone could afford their own healthcare, own houses etc.

Provided that you still had to work (like a contract you sign at 16, to work until you're 60)

We'd spend so much more money on consumer goods..

It's obviously a very flawed idea, there are obviously stupid points, but could it work?

You're not going to like this, but the rules of the EU allow Google, Starbucks et al to pay their taxes in whichever jurisdiction within the union that they choose to. Our government is powerless to do anything about that, but you can vote UKIP and be the change you want to see. ;)
You think UKIP would change the status quo? I think I'll vote green thanks.

Is this a trick question? :crylaugh: Yes they would change the status quo, primarily by leaving the EU!! All of these multinationals operations in the UK are then directly taxable, in the UK!

Whilst big corporations get away with avoiding billions in tax, benefit changes plunge millions of children into poverty.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/the-real-costoflivingcrisis-five-million-british-children-face-life-of-poverty-thanks-to-welfare-reforms-9442061.html

Maybe that's why my glass is half full...

I'm sure UKIP will make it all better though.

I always think that.  Everyone could afford their own healthcare, own houses etc.

Provided that you still had to work (like a contract you sign at 16, to work until you're 60)

It's obviously a very flawed idea, there are obviously stupid points, but could it work?

Where would we get 60 trillion pounds from?

Whilst big corporations get away with avoiding billions in tax, benefit changes plunge millions of children into poverty.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/the-real-costoflivingcrisis-five-million-british-children-face-life-of-poverty-thanks-to-welfare-reforms-9442061.html

They will make it worse but Labour won't reverse what this coalition govt have done.

I always think that. Everyone could afford their own healthcare, own houses etc.

Print it.. duh

:lol:

They will make it worse but Labour won't reverse what this coalition govt have done.
This is surely just the man we need to sort out the problem of tax avoidance...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/apr/03/nigel-farage-uses-private-company-reduce-tax-bill-ukip

Green Party have had it in writing since 2010 their desire to stamp out tax avoidance. UKIP have no manifesto, but they do have a leader that likes to avoid tax.

You are blaming the government for big business not paying enough tax on their UK earnings in the UK. It's pointed out to you that they are powerless to do so due to EU rules. Instead of actually replying to that issue you treat us to a rendition of "won't somebody think of the children!" Well done, nicely emotive and obviously important but utterly irrelevant to the point at hand. UKIP have a strategy to end big corporations dodging tax in this way by re-taking national control of the relevant legislation.   Out of interest how do the Greens propose to deal with it?

I'm sure you couldn't have read it. Didn't it say about 50% was from big business and tax avoidance, surely that's good isn't it?

This is surely just the man we need to sort out the problem of tax avoidance...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/apr/03/nigel-farage-uses-private-company-reduce-tax-bill-ukip

Green Party have had it in writing since 2010 their desire to stamp out tax avoidance. UKIP have no manifesto, but they do have a leader that likes to avoid tax.

I have just read the Green Party line from this, by Caroline Lucas. She says £16bn could be lost. 

http://www.greenparty.org.uk/news/17-03-2011-tax-evasion-bill-parliament.html

Well doesn't that guardian report state that £8bn has been clawed back? 

If that's the case haven't they reduced the problem by 50% in 2 years

I'm keen to see where this goes. If the Tories lose the Murdoch press  because they chuck their lot in with UKIP the General Election could be very interesting indeed. Labour should walk back into office with no hassle whatsoever.

Its sad that the problem with this country is not EU immigrants taking British jobs, but barely literate Sun readers believing the shite that rag churns out ona  daily basis.

Not a single chance of this, Murdoch is still very firmly in Dave's corner as the pre election coverage by the Times illustrates - the Farage expenses scandal that never was, etc. Christ, even the Tories and the Guardian got into bed with CCHQ feeding anything they could dig up on UKIP supporters or candidates directly to that rag in exchange for a steady stream of anti-UKIP stories. One of the editors of the BBC election coverage team was removed from her role for posting anti-UKIP tweets, somewhat betraying the lie that the state funded broadcaster is officially free of political bias. The scale of collusion was frankly astonishing and more than a little bit sinister for democracy, imo.   

That the media and political establishment were prepared to club together in this way pre-election (in a manner that some commentators called unprecedented) points to one thing:  were UKIP to make serious headway at the Westminster level it would be disastrous for all kinds of vested interests, and the media are no more immune to that cosy elitism than Dave or Ed.  They didn't succeed this time around and will learn the lessons of that failure to refine attack strategies against UKIP for the GE next year.

• Like 1

maybe we could get it from the same place banks get it from to Supposedly loan to people? from thin air, not saying we should though,

Â